New Players are Locked out of World 2 Leadership Positions

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Lady Bronwyn

New Players are Locked out of World 2 Leadership Positions

Post by Lady Bronwyn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 pm

House/Faction rules are severely limiting the roles newer players can have as leaders in World 2. Most house/faction rules do not allow voting in parishes and leadership has been permanently decided by the few who have started the game. Newer players are bullied into "voting" for current leadership in many parishes. Control of parishes is decided by faction leadership not by voting. If you are unlucky enough to land in the middle of a nest of factions/parishes like this, you are destined to be a follower throughout the game. Faction leaderships should reconsider their policies of allowing players to "inherit" parishes.
Last edited by Lady Bronwyn on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KING KIRK III

Re: New Players are Locked out of World 2 Leadership Positio

Post by KING KIRK III » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

perhaps you would like to join my new faction, I will make sure everyone is treated fairly, if you join I can teach you how to play very well, what to do, and what to NEVER do. Plus I will help you get a leadership position, you just need to be more experienced, and know how to play the game the way the others do, its regular in-game politics, if you want to be something big, you got to grow. which if you join my faction you will do, grow until you can perhaps be a faction officer or more.

MCrusader

Post by MCrusader » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 am

plenty arround soon , allot of house 16 is tired of the game , is getting totaal boring nonstop repairing your castles from ai attack and the 100+ monks to send out everytime meself also soon dispear in the game after 1/2 jaar of playing , this will be me last mmo game

Mors Mortis

Post by Mors Mortis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm

I know what you mean. the main thugs behind this is tca, members of h19 who left only to go to h2 to rig the glory round.

they will destroy you if you go against them. FF really needs to crack down on these thugs or risk people leaving.

i would love to start listing names of these thugs like one who really is would love to share his/her but have to be kept as A Top Secret because of form rules.

Baldrake

Post by Baldrake » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 pm

The same mentality that causes players to leave because they do not actively participate in the wartime elements is now happening to those players at the other end of the spectrum. Their own self-imposed peace is literally driving them into a state of mania (abnormally elevated or irritable mood and arousal). In a sense, it is the opposite of depression.

Jardhoops

Post by Jardhoops » Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm

SHK is a sandbox MMO. sandbox means all or most of the content is player driven. Anytime there is a game driven by the players without restriction then it can lead in directions that no one likes. Complaining that players are being "unfair" is just an ignorant response. Someone is always there first. If you will ever arise to any position of power and influence in this game then you take what you find a mold it to your liking. I am looking for potential leaders every single day. Too many people prevent themselves from greatness because they restrict their view. YOU can accomplish anything, but it takes work... it takes time... and determination.

Let's stop and think about this game in comparison with medieval England or even just feudalism. This game is a cake walk in comparison. Even so, new players that complain about not being a leader will never be a leader. You have to learn to follow before you can learn to lead.

Firefly responded to a ticket saying they had plans for content beyond the glory race. (don't quote me on that, but it's something along those lines.)

Since the war that once encompassed all four countries is now at its last breath that left us with a very easy yet unappealing decision. To unite all the countries, provinces and counties to one color. Our goal is now to complete the entire glory race to rush along this "content" FF claims to have. Will it change anything? Maybe not, but we have nothing to lose. We (The Celtic Alliance) have fought for hundreds of days to get to where we are now, several players have been fighting for over a year. Most of our "leadership" positions have been earned in blood.
--King of Ireland in W2--

Mors Mortis

Post by Mors Mortis » Wed May 02, 2012 4:31 am

the Celtic Alliance is nothing more then a bunch of school yard bullies whom justify everything they do yet you (Celtic Alliance) uses threats to get what you want. funny how you forget to mention that but then they(Celtic Alliance) will just pretend it never happens.

the Alliance are just bullies and thugs who will do what ever it takes to win and put whoever they want in power.

got news for the Alliance, like the empire from starwars your faction will fall and I look forward to seeing that.

Veru

Post by Veru » Fri May 04, 2012 11:14 am

Strongers always makes rules. You can follow those or not. You can always have your decisions and then take the consequences.
If players can make a faction, faction can join a house, and house can have relations with other houses, it should be expected to see big groups. It is just how big the group can be and how long would it last. W2 have had already some big groups that were destroyed. TCA has different leadership with different rules. Now everyone is blaming TCA because TCA was smart enough to create a group to win the war. Grow up or go outside to play with other kids ;)

Mors Mortis

Post by Mors Mortis » Fri May 04, 2012 1:47 pm

no the TCA is nothing more then a band of bullies and thugs who managed to gain control by threats and those who do not agree with them end up with their villages destroyed.

I have even seen messages from other players where they was threatened by h19 under the tca flag that if they do not join their faction they will be destroyed.

how how is that fair or smart?

and don't give us the garbage line again "Grow up or go outside to play with other kids" because they are bullies and thugs and we all know what happens to thugs and bullies in the end(it does not end well) and I look forward to the day the tca falls apart because they have driven all the other players out of the world and began to tear itself apart because there will be no one else left to fight.

Lord Lydon Relon

Post by Lord Lydon Relon » Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm

What? Fairness? That concept as it pertains to this game only applies to "general rules" of game play. Meaning basic rule mechanics are in place, so everybody has to perform actions the same way. Everything else is left to the style of individual game play. You can't complain that you are being "bullied" in a war game...that's ridiculous. The game provides heavy advantages to those players, who take full advantage of what's offered. For example, players that regularly purchase cards have a very big advantage over those who don't. Players who are experienced and band together have a huge advantage over individual players, who are still learning! I understand it sucks, when your "new" or play as an individual but in reality if your "doing your own thing" like farming and you don't pose a threat...your generally left alone! If your trying "to be somebody" or make a name for yourself (as a leader), well that's a different story! Your opening yourself up as a target for those, who view you as potential threat or challenge to their authority (leadership role). In this type of game, you can't rise to the top without "getting your hands dirty" or losing some of what you have (like villages).
"Beware my Lords...for heavy is the crown...and none have adorned such a jewel without trouble on their brow!"

Return to “World 2 Lounge”