It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm



Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 AI overkill 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:02 am
Posts: 883
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
AuKhan wrote:
The reason there are no active human players is that everyone is only waiting all the time.

Make the Pig and Bandit camps come more frequently, so we can attack them more.
But eliminate the siege camps, because they are just a nuisance.
Make diplomacy more effective (like stopping 90% of attacks).
If you really want to fight the AI, you can attack the AI, or turn off diplomacy.



That is interesting, but why remove diplomacy when you get the Honor from attacks that are stopped...


Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 am
Posts: 3
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
I have to agree I'm new and am getting hammered by the AI,also it's being touted as a game you can play anyway you want.. Errr NO because say I'd like to be trader type I shouldn't really need to be pouring research into troops just to exist!


Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 180
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
Metro he must be one of those players that like being attacked when a new village has been bought or a new player who gets to get hammered by AIs when they just start the game.
I mean who's dim idea was that and what was FF smoking to think it was a good idea?

I mean no disrespect but that might be all fine and dandy for older players who have already been well set up for some time and can easily fend off AI attacks from the get go after getting a new village but not brand new players who just started.


Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 180
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
Nicolai55 wrote:
I want more and bigger AI camps, I want AI camps to start taking over parishes and razing villages and *


I think you need a new light bulb...

anyways that is as foolish an idea that I have seen thus far.


Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:02 am
Posts: 883
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
Mors Mortis wrote:
Metro he must be one of those players that like being attacked when a new village has been bought or a new player who gets to get hammered by AIs when they just start the game.
I mean who's dim idea was that and what was FF smoking to think it was a good idea?

I mean no disrespect but that might be all fine and dandy for older players who have already been well set up for some time and can easily fend off AI attacks from the get go after getting a new village but not brand new players who just started.



Oh I understand....and to think, I was playing way back when Diplomacy didn't exist....so I've seen the difference, and no matter if you're new or long time player...it's beneficial if you feel it's important...not only the Honor is still gained if the attacks are stopped...but loss of troops, Stone and rebuild time are not affected if it is applied....

So yeah, I'm an Old Player. ;)


Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:13 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 180
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
true, however new players should be immune to all AI attacks while they are protected by 'peace' when they first get started because it is very devastating when a new player gets nailed by a sedge camp and then wolf who ether steals resources or destroys an important building, ect.

I wish they had an option where you could check to either allow AI or no AI attacks while in peace(Would be a nice option to have while under ID).


Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:02 am
Posts: 883
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
Mors Mortis wrote:
true, however new players should be immune to all AI attacks while they are protected by 'peace' when they first get started because it is very devastating when a new player gets nailed by a sedge camp and then wolf who ether steals resources or destroys an important building, ect.

I wish they had an option where you could check to either allow AI or no AI attacks while in peace(Would be a nice option to have while under ID).



I don't remember ever happening that way with me when I started new villiages, so it must have changed in some of the updates....but on that, I do agree with you...and I thought if you selected 3 Days Peace that would also stop AI attacks....but I guess not....

My main statement was based on the Diplomacy option statement. :)


Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 180
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
they use to not allow any attacks on new players before but then changed it. I however happened to join after that... I was nailed by Sedge camp and a medium size wolf forty five minutes into the game and lost a good bit of resources....


Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:46 am
Posts: 572
Location: Apple farm
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
Mors Mortis wrote:
they use to not allow any attacks on new players before but then changed it. I however happened to join after that... I was nailed by Sedge camp and a medium size wolf forty five minutes into the game and lost a good bit of resources....



* >.< that sucks

_________________
#1 knob in world 1


Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 am
Posts: 18
Reply with quote
Post Re: AI overkill
This is a worrying topic, and I hope they fix it as beta continues.... The fact is that, with the current AI model, new players who join a parish with established princes are completely screwed if the AI is not cleaned out of the parish quickly.


Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.