AI overkill

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
HelmapRhys

Re: AI overkill

Post by HelmapRhys »

I'm quitting the AI is pointless endless spam. It's stopped being fun and is just a mindless grinding exercise
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

The game gods do not seem to listen or care.

Yesterday the Parish Steward and I expended thousands in gold and lost somewhere between 7 and 10 armies (I lost count) trying to take out one of the very tough Wolf Castles. These armies came from the Parish (while the gold lasted) and from our villages. We did this because the bad weather, persistent AI enemies and very debilitating, destructive Wolf armies destroying our castles piecemeal were depressing our villages to as low as -51. Don't say it was faulty tactics used on the Wolf castle because we know what we're doing as both veteran players and long time Parish stewards. We followed the correct tactics: 1) clear the walls and towers of archers; 2) pound the walls with cats and swordsmen; and 3 pouring into the breach with men at arms while diverting the remaining Wolf archers with our own archers.

To my absolute dismay, after expending all of those resources, who do you think shows up in less than 24 hours with another full-blown, heavily walled and well-manned AI castle: Wolf again. Guess who is depressing the Parish like before, destroying our walls (which we can't rebuild in less than 24 hours unlike Wolf) and generally instilling a sense of feeling like one lost even if one actually won as we did yesterday. When the feeling in a game among players becomes "Why bother?" then developers need to take notice as this is not a positive game psychology.

I have reported this problem about the game's AI parameters repeatedly. It seems for a time that the AI castles do stop spawning so quickly; but then for some unknown reason the game returns to replacing destroyed AI castles in less time than a normal human has to get a good night's sleep. I don't get it. Do developers like ticking us off? Do they enjoy teasing us with a break and then quietly throwing us back into the irritating game parameter all over again just so they can see our reaction? It's going to be the same, developers. No AI castle should be placed again by the AI until at least 3 game days have passed, and then the random generator which powers the AI castle placement logic should not place one with 100% surety immediately upon the expiration of the 3 days, but with only perhaps a 50% or 65% probability.

I understand that the type of AI castle is determined by the average rank of the players in the Parish and I'm not citing that as being a problem. However, I will advise all players that should one of the less dangerous AI castles like Rat or Snake appear in your Parish, let it stay there. That's the one sure way to prevent Pig or Wolf from appearing as your next adversary after your Parish improves itself.
metroman

Post by metroman »

When an attack on an AI is done, the damage to the castle remains open for whoever attacks next....been through it enough to see that happen...
Hugo Hase

Post by Hugo Hase »

Hi,

what i have recogniced in 2 worlds is the following: if an ai castles stays long, maybe for days or weeks the next one/two/ maybee 3 pops up very fast. if you destroy it quickly for some time it tends to normalise. I think the overall number of ai has been reduced, the problem is that in a long running world (like this or my home german 1) a lot of player and steward are bored by this fights and try to ignore the ai. If i look around in scotland, more then 50 % of the parishes have ai with are ignored for weeks.

by the way, the largest wolf castle can be killed with 3-4 full armys (fully skilled, 2 catapult armys to open and 1-2 sword/pike armys to clean) if attacked from the front side, if you choose another side it costs a lot more troops.

Hugo Hase
metroman

Post by metroman »

Hugo Hase wrote:
by the way, the largest wolf castle can be killed with 3-4 full armys (fully skilled, 2 catapult armys to open and 1-2 sword/pike armys to clean) if attacked from the front side, if you choose another side it costs a lot more troops.

Hugo Hase

The most it takes me is two attacks and they were pretty tough....I guess the attack strategy is what determines how many troops are lost...
Reynauld de Chatillon

Post by Reynauld de Chatillon »

AI castles and siege camps are very annoying for me because I'm not always on these days even though I'll have more time in the near future. When I return to the game after a few days I find the reports spammed with pig or wolf castle attacks. To makes things worse I have enormous holes in my defenses that could be exploited by enemy humans.

Return to “World 2 Lounge”