Movies that inspired us !

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
Priest Guardian

Movies that inspired us !

Post by Priest Guardian »

We all have watched movies (not the T.V series) that inspired us to play Stronghold Kingdoms

Here are some of my favorites I own

Gladiator
Joan of arc
Kingdom of Heaven
King Arthur
In the name of the King
First Knight

many more, but I leave that to you to list
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
meatball2k

Re: Movies that inspired us !

Post by meatball2k »

Braveheart is probably one of my best movies that got me into mevievil history, I agree with your movies as well I haven't seen in the name of the king and first knight but the other 4 I love.

I read a lot of books and The Saxon chronicles by Bernard Cornwell is all about Vikings invading England and 1 guy named Uthred who was captured by Vikings as a kid then learned to fight through them but eventually goes to King Alfred to fight the Vikings, awesome set of books. There also a series of books by Conn Iggulden about Genghis Khan which are also fantastic.

Tv series like "The Vikings, Spartacus, anything Roman" all of that sort of stuff.

So its a combination of all of that which makes me love the game.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I believe kingdom of heaven is probably the closest to how the wars were fought in that era. Gladiator is the best of this list of movies but they are all good, you might even want to add robin hood since it is also in the same era, and the king isn't home because he's out doing the crusades.
Priest Guardian

Even some of the castle battles in Lord of the Rings inspire me to play SHK's. Fantasy or not, epic warfare and seiges are cool

What about 300? Although that is just open based fighting on the field against great odds
moddwe

Post by moddwe »

What about "Troy" ? Castle that couldnt be destroyed but only got breached. Although it is not the same era but it can be i think. :P and hmm... "Alexander"??
But Movie that inspired me (mostly to like Medieval era) was "The lord of the rings". and one thing though I accidently found Stronghold and started to play it on pc..Liked it and then i decided to play online, I cant say, i started playing this game in persuation of my inspiration. lol
Priest Guardian

New on Netflicks "Robinhood" with Russel Crowel (Not sure how to spell his name)

Just watched it for a 2nd time. Great movie. Not your idea of old time Robin Hood

Starts off immediately with a England Castle siege followed by some ambushes and lots of fighting. Good watch :)
J0205

Post by J0205 »

Monty Python's Holy Grail anyone?
Mel Brooks also has a bunch of great movies "It's good to be the king"

a little off topic from SHK inspiring, but I also like How The West Was Won
-J
Priest Guardian

watched Ironclad . Takes place in England 1200's . Scots attack an English castle. Not a very good movie :( Mostly, I asked myself where are the archers? Not a single bow was present for the whole movie and it was a castle seige
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

is that the one where they catapult one of the main guys off the wall after amputating his hands and feet?
Priest Guardian

It was called Ironclad 'blood in battle' or something like that

Siege is used loosely as it involves a castle and a bunch of barbaric Scots attacking it without any form. mostly hammer the gatehouse and try to climb walls. Do not remember any catapults but I was doing other stuff around the house during the show as it failed to keep my full attention for the second half

Return to “Off Topic”