It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 An unusual request; are you religious? 

Post Re: An unusual request; are you religious?
Often times, when in need, people seek out further possibilities to help make things right even if that means just some distant needle of hope. It's a bit like seeking comfort in unorthodox methods, asking strangers to help pray or even just say "we're with you all the way". It's nice to see some random niceties, so why not here in the SK forums?

I am not at all religious, but know that I too hope your daughter's illness goes away as pain free as possible and her recovery comes as soon as possible. ♥

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks.

Well, since I last posted my daughter underwent brain surgery to remove three tumors. She is still legally blind but she can at least see shadow and discern who we are.

The prognosis is guardedly optimistic, as long as the tumors don't return we should be fine. We had a hard time making the decision to have the surgery done, it was a VERY risky operation but, it couldn't have worked out any better under the circumstances.

Poor thing, she still has to stay at the hospital for a few more weeks while they try to see if her sight returns and she must undergo physical therapy when she is strong enough. And it is at the hospital that we still spend most of our time.

We are being positive about this, and can't wait to get her home.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:32 am

(Sorry I didn't respond sooner...tonight was the first time I saw this post)

I certainly wish her the best and pray that she recovers, and if you don't mind my asking, which type of tumor was it? When I was diagnosed with an Oligodendroglioma, I admit I was fortunate enough for them to remove as much as they could, left some behind they couldn't safely remove, and I basically returned to normal (outside of memory issues and some cognitive skills). I feel for the pain she (and your family) are going through and believe she will recover to the way she was before the diagnosis! Have faith, belief, and the strength necessary to make it through to tomorrow, I know you'll make it and she'll come home!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:25 am

Good to know she's getting better, will she be out for Christmas?
I remember my Dad fought through about 12 heart attacks last year because he was too stubborn to miss Christmas (the doctors shouted at him A LOT)

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:11 am

Great News !!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:52 pm

metroman wrote:

I certainly wish her the best and pray that she recovers, and if you don't mind my asking, which type of tumor was it? When I was diagnosed with an Oligodendroglioma, I admit I was fortunate enough for them to remove as much as they could, left some behind they couldn't safely remove, and I basically returned to normal (outside of memory issues and some cognitive skills). I feel for the pain she (and your family) are going through and believe she will recover to the way she was before the diagnosis! Have faith, belief, and the strength necessary to make it through to tomorrow, I know you'll make it and she'll come home!

metroman, they were mixed tumors. The doctors mentioned Gliomas and Craniopharyngliomas. But the only thing I really paid attention to was that they were benign tumors which, is what we were worried about.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:06 am

Sir SAMM66 wrote:
metroman wrote:

metroman, they were mixed tumors. The doctors mentioned Gliomas and Craniopharyngliomas. But the only thing I really paid attention to was that they were benign tumors which, is what we were worried about.

Being benign is definitely great news! Irritating knowing they are there, but good to see they aren't growing!

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2