the Walking Dead

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
White Tiger 22

the Walking Dead

Post by White Tiger 22 »

I figured I would throw down a post to see if anyone else is a fan of the walking dead. It would ruin the show but it would be awesome if The governor, Martinez and the other guy just went on a post apocalyptic road trip across the country. But what I actually think is going to happen is the Governor is going to get something (a tank possibly) or take over another group since he had that map on the wall of the lab with various locations pointed out, maybe he knows of a group or two that was too hostile for him to take on while he had to worry about all of the innocent people in Woodbury but now that they are gone he could easily take over one since he is so good at manipulating people. I also think it is going to be very strange with a ton of people in Ricks group unless they only talk about a few of them like in Woodbury where there were only a few key people that took up any screen time.
Ask me about repeal rule #7, more information can be found here: http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=25650
Neukdeh

Re: the Walking Dead

Post by Neukdeh »

### Spoiler Alert ###
Please don't read if you have not finished Season 3

Love this show..

Season 1 was interesting because it was about zombies
Season 2 almost made me lose interest
Season 3 was awesome.. good action and great story

Personally I don't care about the governor as he's a putz always a step behind everyone else. He doesn't come off as an evil mastermind or any of that just an ordinary joe on a power trip.

Excited for Season 4 and how everyone reacts to having a true community..

Do you watch Talking Dead as well?
White Tiger 22

Post by White Tiger 22 »

Yeah, I think I've missed a few episodes of it. I think they should have held off on killing Shane in the 2nd season since he was an interesting character to have around and maybe kill him after the baby came into the world. The Governor was weak until Michonne killed his daughter, I think the next time we see him he will be more formidable than last season.
Ask me about repeal rule #7, more information can be found here: http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=25650
Sooth Awful

Post by Sooth Awful »

The 4th season should be released end this year.

If you haven't seen the previous episodes/seasons, you can download it.
"Hay un cierto placer en la locura, que solo el loco conoce."

Biotot

Post by Biotot »

White Tiger 22 wrote:I think they should have held off on killing Shane in the 2nd season
I'm a huge walking dead fan, after season 1 I just wanted more of it so I went through the comics, they're pretty great if you want to read more about it. The comics move much faster than the show. Anyway, in the comics they kill of Shane in the first 'season' before they even go to the CDC
They tried to excom 5 people
A sane person wouldn't do maintenance on 30 villages and continue to call it fun. W6, now farmville for all.
White Tiger 22

Post by White Tiger 22 »

I can't wait for the clip they're going to release at comic con, You can go to Youtube and watch some of Trevchan2's videos (I'll put a link below) he makes a lot of TWD videos talking about any new pictures or reports and some random ones talking about possible character deaths and things like that. I watched two yesterday one was of a possible location which was a power plant and the other was a location they are definitely going to visit:
Spoiler! :
It is a store called The Big Spot, it has a small military style encampment outside of it, it shows Rick and Michonne in some of the pictures. Also there was another talking about a new promotional picture that shows Michonne on a horse with her sword looking like some kind of a zombie killing knight

https://www.youtube.com/user/Trevschan2/videos

There doesn't seem to be a season 4 section yet but they are easy enough to find.
White Tiger 22

Post by White Tiger 22 »

I forgot to say anything about the books, I have read some of the first one and it was good, I might finish it and start some of the others when I have some time to stop by a Barnes & Noble and read them for free.
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

Huge fan of this series.. my wife and I were part of the first several hundred to see the pre-televised pilot.

Wasn't overly thrilled with the ending of S3. I think it left too much "in the air" (particularly where the Governor vanished to with his two cronies). Here are my "key" thoughts surrounding the finale:
  • It's a relief to see Rick is remembering who he really is and what he stands for. Him not seeing Laurie at the end of the episode says a lot.
  • Carl just needs backhanded (tough love). Whether you agree with his actions with the Woodbury teen, he has been disrespectful to Rick for far too many episodes.
  • Andrea was the only cast member that I wasn't disappointed to see killed off. Granted, she was the town bicycle for most of the last two seasons, so I never really sympathized with her.
  • Michonne is finally starting to fit in. An objective woman with crazy katana skills to boot, will be the balance the group has needed.
  • I was left wondering why they didn't just go to Woodbury. Better fortified and obviously a helluva lot more creature comforts. People would have rallied behind Rick.. but maybe he didn't want to assume the same "governor" role?
Five questions I have for Season 4:
  • Does Rick carry through with the new democracy-style leadership, or will he resort to taking charge again? (Personally, I feel he should take charge again.)
  • How do the new "refugees" interact with the group, and will they be willing to place their fate in the hands of yet another "leader"?
  • Do they fortify the prison and make it home, or will they move on to Woodbury (or beyond)?
  • Will we start to learn more about the real cause of the infection? We already know everyone carries it. But how, why? Season 3 failed to address any of the "big picture", mostly focusing on the ultimate showdown between Rick and the Governor.
  • The most obvious: who dies next? They've begun to deviate from the comic series, which means no one is truly safe. They're slowly killing off the "originals", leaving just Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glenn, and Carol.
White Tiger 22

Post by White Tiger 22 »

Did you watch the season 4 preview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ
Ad Rock

Post by Ad Rock »

And I thought I was demented for investing so much of my time in this game. At least here I can shape my own destiny rather then spitballing about what the directors/producors/writers are going to do in the second age.
nop nop nop nop

Return to “Off Topic”