It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Game of Thrones 

Post Game of Thrones
Its an HBO series based in the middle ages (fantasy setting)

I purchased the first season and almost finished it . Looking forward to the second season on Blue ray

I just thought it deserves a notable mention because every time I watch it I get excited about SHK's to sit and play

If you have yet to watch this T.V series on HBO, I urge you to check it out at your local movie sales store (here in Canada I use 'Future shop')

The politics in the series is just like SHK's backstabbing political affairs. :D

peaceout, FORTKNOX

enjoy :)

Sat May 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Post Re: Game of Thrones
It's getting sooo good!

Can't wait for Daenerys (dragon lady) to come into action! So many stories are ongoing, when are they going to come together!?!

Sat May 11, 2013 10:27 pm

I found it a bit over the top, the few tv shows I watch are for the most part comedy.

ImageImage

Sat May 11, 2013 10:31 pm
Profile WWW

I thought it was a bit over the top with the XXX scenes. I enjoy the story and different plots enough that they could of been a bit more discrete with that substance

But still a great watch that will get you wanting to play Stronghold Kingdoms after the show :)

Sat May 11, 2013 10:59 pm

FORTKNOX. wrote:
I thought it was a bit over the top with the XXX scenes. I enjoy the story and different plots enough that they could of been a bit more discrete with that substance

Have you watched Spartacus? :lol:

Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 pm

yes I own both the original and the one that takes place before the series (but came out after)

I did not bother watching past the second show on the series that takes place before the original series (if that makes any sense) just because it was too over the top for me.

However the story on 'Game of Thrones' makes up for it and keeps me watching to see what is next

Sat May 11, 2013 11:46 pm

if you're into middleage themed fantasy and political intruige +a healthy dose of sex and violence..game of thrones is your series ;)
i think its one of the best series in years..but better even are the books this series is based on. a song of ice and fire

Sun May 12, 2013 11:31 am

[quote="Lt.Columbo] but better even are the books this series is based on. a song of ice and fire[/quote]
I have heard from multiple people that the books aren't very good and then past number 2 it's rubbish.

Sun May 12, 2013 11:57 am

i would say the 1st 2 books sort of lead you into the general direction of the main charackters/story and from the 3rd on its full on fantasy weirdness..you have not yet seen anything in the tv show ;)
and then, it is of course a matter of taste.i liked all 5 books very much.and the series is as true to the books as you can go with television series.

Sun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm

one part why i liked the books and love the series is the deepness of each character and how much time is spend developing them. with the exception of king joffrey, i dont think i could say to really dislike anyone.all have their point of views and its that character development that keeps viewers at the secreen..well, me anyway ;)
not to speak of DRAGONS :D

just as mechjosh, i cant wait for Daenerys to make a "proper" appearance.
course you have favorites..i think Tyrion,Arya,Varys and jon snow are some of my favs lol

Sun May 12, 2013 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next