Wolf AI Castle Designs

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
Lt.Columbo

Re: Wolf AI Castle Designs

Post by Lt.Columbo »

maybe my brain is still not working properly after last night...arent those 2 of the already existing designs?
i just smacked the 1st one in 2 of my parishes ;)
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0
Gaius22

Post by Gaius22 »

Another reason why being able to rotate the castle/battle map would be a good feature.
"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."
MOARCOWBELL

Post by MOARCOWBELL »

Master Merlin wrote:With respect to wolf castle #7, this one seems to be a ball buster to remove. Seems to take 4 major attacks to clear if not 5. Does anyone have a better or more effective attack process for this one. Currently I have standing 350 archers 100 pike and 50 cats for my standard parish army. So it takes 3 waves of major attacks to clear this. The first wave I only send the archers to remove the front door archers on the towers. The next two waves are with everything and the cats set up to blast to the keep with 4 of them targeting the remaining towers with archers. The final wave is with the archers in 3 sets. One front door, and then north and south to keep the tower archers active and then I send the pike from the hole in the front to the keep. Most of the time this will work and remove this with 4 attacks. But the cost is huge in gold and troops and the last wave almost dies in the process of reaching the keep. Any input about this castle would be great. The rest I can do in 2 or 3 attacks. Sometimes I have to increase the cat's to 100 for some of the other castles to break all the way to the keep on the first run. I know it's a learning game and you gather input to improve your tactics. So does anyone have better or sure fire process? I have maxed everything for all troops and army movements and strength.

Master Merlin the Student of War

Granted the last two of these I did my first attack was with a 600 man county army but the second attacks were both with 400 troops, one from my village the other from a parish army.
These are the only ones that should take more than one attack and you shouldn't be taking 4 or 5. 3 I can see if you send in a 100% archer wave first, but really if you do that the second wave most of your catapults should survive and I would think it will still only take 2 attacks... though you will have to go Pike heavy because your cats will take out a lot of them and no way the archers will take the keep.
MOARCOWBELL

Post by MOARCOWBELL »

MOAR cats the better.

My first attack is minimum 60 cats. A lot get taken out right away but they do what they do. With the county army I will send 350 archers, but if it is my army or a parish 300 archers 60-80 cats and the rest pikes, or if I have swordsmen i'll send both. I usually put the swords up front, they do more damage to the walls and at the start of the attack the castle archers are shooting at my archers and the cats so the swords live quite a while at the start of the attack.

The archers I line up ~50 on the center tower, then 1/2 and 1/2 around the corner towers. If I have some left over I'll place them in the way back as sometimes everything moves in and the sally forth gets by on the outside.
Stack up all the swords/pikes in the middle and then all the cats. (this is all from the SW btw) aiming toward the center of the keep.
The first attack will almost always break all the way in. With the added archers from the county army prolonging the first attack the 1st wave usually clears out the keep, often enough the catapults damage to the pikemen there.
The next attack I actually don't worry about putting the archers outside N and S to distract the castle archers. They will target my archers first no matter where they are and I want my archers to help shooting any remaining pikes and the sally forth.

My 2nd attack is often a vassal army or my own and will be 300 archers, 40 swords and 80 pikes... if I have space i'll try and bump the pikes up to 100. I just pile them up and let it rip. May not be the best way of doing it and I lose almost all the troops but normally take it down in 2 attacks. Sometimes I do still send cats in the 2nd attack if the towers closest to the keep are still up with archers on them.
Lt.Columbo

Post by Lt.Columbo »

i cannot remember how i set it up or what troop set up i used..but i took the highest tier wolf castle out with one attack...only once though ;)
if i can find it ill forward the report (to players on W4)..how long do reports keep?
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0
Lt.Columbo

Post by Lt.Columbo »

could well have been the lower of the 2.
30 days..hmmm let me see
Gaius22

Post by Gaius22 »

Hey DavidSpy, would you mind sharing the castles' cost, in terms of wood, stone, iron and gold, of each castle design, please?
"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."
Gaius22

Post by Gaius22 »

Thanks!

Wolf Castle 6.txt is empty...Dont know if it was a mistake or you simply dont have it. Could you check that?

Return to “Off Topic”