Going rate for part time web progammers?

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: Going rate for part time web progammers?

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I am already a few thousand hours into the project. The most current rulebook version is 108 pages.

Networking works well inside your industry, poorly outside it. I am willing to float $100 as an experiment to see what a programmer is willing to deliver. I have 3-5 small modules that would be a good test case.

I sent you some files. If anyone else is interested, let me know. And let me know your bandwidth limits.

- Deke
SalukiFire

Post by SalukiFire »

As a heads up for anybody looking into this project.

After roughly looking over Deke's documentation, it's very in depth. He has done his homework, and I hope he finds a developer or group of developers to contribute to this. He has definitely put in time to write out his dream...

Good luck getting this project off the ground Deke!
SalukiFire

Post by SalukiFire »

Deke,
Could you elaborate a little more on the specific modules you're wanting developed? It looks like a fantasy board type game similar to chess where the pieces have different attributes. Which part(s) would you like to see written for your fee?
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I need the following modules

A) Secure log in - Enter user name and password, view active villages, upload results for previous turns, upload text file for current turn.

B) Order entry module - Start the module, load a text file, set your warrior targets for the turn, create a text file, generate email, upload text file.

C) Warrior attribute database - Pull values from historic file into turn database. Calculate initiative rolls/ranks. Publish turn order. Dialog box for warrior damage (will link later to combat engine.) Roll ToughCheck and KillCheck. Dialog Box for Primalstone effect.

D) Email Text formatter.

- Deke

Return to “Off Topic”