SW:TOR Pre-Orders are go!

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
TheProScout

Re: SW:TOR Pre-Orders are go!

Post by TheProScout »

Bobkyou wrote:I quit STO (Star Trek Online) 3 months after release. I had leveled up 3 federation and 3 Klingon characters to level 45 and was generally sick of the game. The ground combat is horrendous and the majority of the missions were planet side rather than in space. Plus the space combat in the game was very dumb, you couldn't go directly up or down, so if you had to travel on the z-axis you had to travel in a circle and corkscrew up or down. Not to mention the lack of developed, peaceful missions (I want Star Trek, not Rambo). Plus 1 federation ship being able to fight a borg cube 1v1 didn't sit well with me (I hated Voyager).

The guardian of forever mission was really good though.

Hmm, I guess we are kind of getting off topic here.

I've always been a big star wars fan, particularly the Galaxy at War and Battlefront franchises. However I've never been interested in anything that takes place before the original trilogy, so The Old Republic isn't for me.
I also quit playing STO about 3 months after release, i only got 1 federation and 1 klingon ship. both fast fighters.

The game was lacking huge in bugs, and the Planet side battles just felt plain wrong, it felt like World of Warcraft, but that waaaaaay worse.

But me as an star trek geek bought emmediatly the Lifetime subscrtibtion of 300 bucks, I did this cause i disliked the thought of spending 30 euro;s per month on that game, ( hmmz now im spending €150 per month on shk.....)

My idea was to come back exactly 1 year after release. and see if the game has improved then,
well i still love the Space combat, but i try to avoid any missions with include ground combat.

Maby next year i will return.

"We will spend our lives fighting to secure this Imperium,
and then I fear we will spend the rest of our days fighting to keep it intact...
In the far future, there will be only war."

Kadael

Post by Kadael »

DefendYourCastle wrote:Huh, till you actually put it the way you did. i Never knew that the "old republic game" was actually based before the trilogy
Tis what makes it better, imo. The pre-movies lore is much richer than anything lucas attempted to portray in any way. shape or form :)

I just can't wait for the game now, I can however wait to never pay £130 for a CE when you have to pay monthly sub too; just isn't worth it.
former Firefly Site/Games Moderator : 2009-2012

prince Hector

Post by prince Hector »

Anyone played battlestar gallactica online?

Its good but sometimes it lags really badly.

Its more of a player vs player and you can work as an navy to group up and take out bigger ships etc.

Dont play it now due to the lags.

Locarius

Post by Locarius »

Stupid EA/BW waiting over 3 years or more for this and they block my region from pre-ordering even the digital one.Im going to portugal in the next month so might grab it there hopefully.I hate people that dont learn geography and think that Eu have like 7 countries only (since they claim to say that the pre order is available for EU when is not and NA..with NA they mean actually Canada/US and some people from canada say already they cant get it).

So yeh..idk why they did this but this is bad start.
Check my full suggestions thread
Play LoL with me
Spoiler! :
Razes: Doesnt Matter
Captures: Doesnt Matter
Ransacked Buildings: Doesnt Matter
Diamond Medals: Doesnt matter

What matters is how much politics you play in this game.
True Story.

Syfon

Post by Syfon »

May be it's because they ran out of available pre-order copies? I heard they will be releasing it in several waves.

Locarius

Post by Locarius »

Syfon wrote:May be it's because they ran out of available pre-order copies? I heard they will be releasing it in several waves.
Read before posting.How you run out of "Digital" versions.And u mis understood what they said..they said the early acces code that comes with pre-order are limited.Not the pre-order itself.
Check my full suggestions thread
Play LoL with me
Spoiler! :
Razes: Doesnt Matter
Captures: Doesnt Matter
Ransacked Buildings: Doesnt Matter
Diamond Medals: Doesnt matter

What matters is how much politics you play in this game.
True Story.

Return to “Off Topic”