Any fun browser based games which aren't pay-to-be-good?

Chat not related to Kingdoms. Keep it clean!
vsernaS

Any fun browser based games which aren't pay-to-be-good?

Post by vsernaS »

I used to play a game called "eRepublik"? It's a browser based economics game. I adored that game, played with it from beta, was one of the best in my entire country out of a good few thousand players. There was a statistic for strength which you could increase - once a day - by clicking "train", and I had one of the highest strengths in the entire game. Then the developers introduced a system where, if you used "gold" - a resource you could purchase infinitely with real life money - you could e.g. get triple the strength gain. I immediately quit.

I just signed up to this extremely fun game called "The West". A few minutes in, I thought I'd definitely play it some more. But then, after fishing in a stream, I ran out of "energy". And I was immediately prompted: "You have no energy. Wait 8 hours. Alternatively, buy all your energy back now, for only $4.99!!".

Just pathetic.

Edit: I've also tried some game called Die2Nite or something, it was just another game where you could pay to give your character special boosts in certain areas.

Editx2: I've just tried this Stronghold Kingdoms, and this is just another buy2begood game, e.g. premium for build queues, an option to buy crowns, etc.

So, are there any games without this sucky feature? Maybe like Runescape/WoW, with a subscription.
skwca

Re: Any fun browser based games which aren't pay-to-be-good?

Post by skwca »

hey hey, well to be honest they do have to make money some how. And the easiest way is to give ppl what they want. remember not evryone will spend money on the games i thinks its like what 20% will.

Anyways, i do know a VERY good game that is free to play and yes there is money involved BUT the creators said that they didnt want ppl to be able to "BUY" power. So all the things you can buy are like new names or different color names to pull you out of the crowd, pet names and such. Its more of a help us out so we can keep the game going kind of thing.

One things is though there are very little to know graphics for this game, its kind of a card game for your character. You still lv up and get different abilities (IE cards) for a bunch of different classes. Just TRUST me and try it out for a bit. If you like fantasy games you will LOVE it. It also has a ton of PVP and PVE.

Heres the link:

http://www.estiah.com/

its called Estiah.... GREAT GAME. all time based

let me know what you think.
Bobkyou

Post by Bobkyou »

Moving thread to the off topic section. This isn't SHK related.
Sirtywell

Post by Sirtywell »

you should try Ogame. it quite resembles this game a lot, but it doesnt have bugs abd is extremly well balanced. its a space strategy game. you build up your planet, build ships to fight, conduct research, destroy other planets (but thatll only happen when you are really far in thegame :) ). You also have alliances and stuff, and the forum is real fun, they update frequently. the only buyable thing is a "commander" which basically gives you something like premium here (but not with auto attack) and gives you a nice overview over your planets and colonies. you also have "officers" which give you small buffs as long as you bought them (like a 10% income bonus). but these really dont affect the gameplay, as many non payers are in the highest rankings.
Sirtywell

Post by Sirtywell »

well i had never lagg, maybe some, but nothing tops the lag in this game we had a couple of weeks ago.
it also depends on which server you play huh, if you play on brand new servers with 40k members, yeah you will have lagg. but if you play less newer servers, youll hardly encounter lagg. besides, bulfleet is pretty much a ogame ripoff
Domgordo

Post by Domgordo »

There are NO Good Games which you can play Fully Free, this dont work because anyone must pay for Server, Stream and Supporting.

And that this * Free to Play * is coming so much is only BECAUSE so much people dont pay, in the beginnig of the Browsergames you pay 2.99 DM (or a little later, Euros) per Month and get fully acces to everyhting, but this was a little to much money for the most, now you pay 100 Euro per Month to play a game really and all the Scrooger crying like * altough there are the reason why the situation is like it is.
TheProScout

Post by TheProScout »

when Stronghold 1 came out in 2001 i think,

i payed a good 49 euro's for that game when it was first released,

did u heared me complaining bout the price and the poor graphics in those days?

no because it were glorius graphics for castle sims!!!

Even now i am astoundished by the graphics on this webbased application none the less.

now i understand that about 60% of the players are between the age of 10 and 17, who cant afford or dont have internet banking.
If u want to play this game for free, go look at a budget store, the orignal game should ly there for no less than 2.99
even those 10 year old's can spend there lunch money on that one day!!!

Those who want to play web games per sé free, should go to sites like

www.armorgames.com
www.newgrounds.com

most games here will be singleplayer, but a few are multiplayer, not as large scale as SHK though.

"We will spend our lives fighting to secure this Imperium,
and then I fear we will spend the rest of our days fighting to keep it intact...
In the far future, there will be only war."
Soldierlozer

Post by Soldierlozer »

www.tribalwars.com
You can get premium which gives a few advantages, but it doensn't really make you stronger and it's only a few euro's a month
Although in the new servers, you can half building time with real money.
deckra

Post by deckra »

www.astroempires.com

Have fun getting your butt kicked. Learning curve is extreme, but worth it.
deckra

Post by deckra »

Anidem wrote:
deckra wrote:http://www.astroempires.com

Have fun getting your butt kicked. Learning curve is extreme, but worth it.
YEAH!!!!

I suggested this on page one.

what server you on?

I was on all but whittled it down to just Beta.
Open account on Juno and Ixion, secret one on helion. Retired epsilon and alpha.

Return to “Off Topic”