Is "free cards" system a joke?

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Ailae

Is "free cards" system a joke?

Post by Ailae »

Seriously, you MAKE us buy crowns to get more than 3 free cards per week?
Just wow... I wanted to write longer comment but I lost my will to play this game right now.
honvik

Re: Is "free cards" system a joke?

Post by honvik »

Holy moly. Your complaining that you can get to level 3 without purchasing any gametime/crowns i.e 3 cards per week for FREE and no cost to you? and according to that system you would only ever have to make 2 puchases to obtain a possible 14 cards FREE per week.

Maybe i'm a bit confused her but how does one support server costs ?
Junior Mod for SHK
Element Zero Multi-Gaming Guild
http://www.ez-guild.com
Ailae

Post by Ailae »

you can play the game for free
No I can't. It isn't possible to win against some raging 12y old kid who spends $100+ on this game.
And "free card system" means FREE. That's what I'm complaining about.
hidey0shi

Post by hidey0shi »

Big deal, pay 5$ (thats the least u can spend in the store right?) twice and you can get up to 14 cards a week or 2 cards a day if u prefer.
nuker420

Post by nuker420 »

<post removed>
Ailae

Post by Ailae »

There are a lot of models they can use to make this game fair for both, people buying crowns and people playing for free.
But no. FF decided to let you buy any amount of "power" you want. Someone * you off? Buy cards for 50$ and destroy him. Are you getting attacked all the time because you are bad? No problem bro, buy some out-of-jail cards and you are ok!

I bet most people thought it'll get a little bit more balanced with free cards system but as it is now it won't change anything.

I still really like this game but I don't want to pay for all that crowns, cards etc. (Not mentioning I can't buy them that easy in my country but whatever)

"Free cards system" actually makes this game even more unbalanced. Free players are getting 3 cards a week and "donators" are getting 14cards/week plus the ones they buy.
And the funniest part is that they will get less cash now from people who were buying lots of crowns. Why? They don't have to buy that much when they get ~70 free crowns every week. Genius!

Monthly fee? OK.
Crowns? NO.

PS. Calm down nuker420...
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Revenue has to come from somewhere, you can play the game for free so don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Gotitdone:

Quit being an apologist for Firefly's bankrupt revenue scheme. The glass ain't half full. The reaction Firefly is getting is precisely what will happen in real life when typical game players tell Firefly to take a long walk off a short pier. Just look at what's going on! Like I said, players will pay a subscription rate which is controlled and level per player, but these same players won't pay extorted glory/ego money on a continuing basis, if they'd pay it at all.

You just don't get it. The small minority of players who don't care, have the money and crave the ego feedback of being top dog even if they have to buy their way to the top (and foolishly claim intelligence along the way) aren't enough to make the game viable under this economic revenue scheme. That's what Firefly should be learning from all of this.

I'm watching player lights go out all over the place. I essentially turned mine off yesterday and plan to go elsewhere. That's exactly what's going to happen when enough bad experiences are had by the majority of players. And then it will be "Light's Out" for Stronghold Kingdoms when the word gets out that those with the big money wad from daddy and mommy, or even ego-driven adults with money to burn and no lives, are the ONLY ONES having the fun gameplay experiences.
Last edited by Lancer on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowen

Post by Jowen »

Bah, some small initial onetime payment as a sign of belief in the company and their product is perfectly acceptable with me.
Jeremiah

Post by Jeremiah »

I'm just wondering how many times your going to spam posts with complaints after you "quit"
honvik

Post by honvik »

nuker420 wrote:hah what a * joke FREE CARDS U HAVE TO PAY TO GET!!! by deffinition thats not free u * morongs grats on earning a lifelong enemy of firefly and its developers u guys are a bunch of * clowns man seriously clows posing as asshats * insulting ur player base and putting * into a good game do u guys even play games? u obviously have no idea how the game community will respond to this heh ur * the wrong people off

So i'm right you totally want to play a whole game that has been in years of development? How do you expect the following

A) Updates to come?
B) Server running costs
C) Peoples Wages

Free cards allows some 'freebies' and you have to purchase a little to increase this amount of freebie cards per week. It isnt asking a lot really?
Junior Mod for SHK
Element Zero Multi-Gaming Guild
http://www.ez-guild.com

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”