FF: why did you downgrade all the researches?

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Ivanhoe89

FF: why did you downgrade all the researches?

Post by Ivanhoe89 »

One of my main joys out of alpha4 was the scouting! I could rely my whole economy on that.
and now, you limited the speed of scouts to 250% instead of 600% like before.
now after I maxed my horsemanship, it still takes forever to take resources an inch away.

Please bring back the 16 levels of scouts!

The same issue with forced march.

All I see now, is people with money to spend over cards, and they steal everything all around!
This is really frustrating!
There is one guy in my parish who use cards all the time and he's already running a huge village while all
others looks like they got 4 buildings..
warlord_designs

Re: FF: why did you downgrade all the researches?

Post by warlord_designs »

It was a move to tone down the power of scouts, and I beleive it was a brilliant move.
Scouts are still very useful but they are no longer the only path to victory now which can only be a good thing :)
Lord Aecetym

Post by Lord Aecetym »

i sortly agree with ivan

the scouts are so slow that its almost useless

also i find that they should put a required lvl on scouting speed and so
the beta is now filed with mostly veterans of the alfas and have now all max scout speed and/or max army speed
this way u cant compeat against someone els cause u know that hes just as fast as u are

i also didnt liked the rocket speed scouts
but i like them more than snail speed scouts
Lord Akela

Post by Lord Akela »

the beta is now filed with mostly veterans of the alfas and have now all max scout speed and/or max army speed
Then go use your Research Points on Horsemanship and Forced March to max them out.

They did, so now they enjoy fast scouts, and this also means they suffer in other aspects because they didn't pool Research Points into them.

Scouts were super overpowered.
Lord Aecetym

Post by Lord Aecetym »

oh i have max scout and army speed

its just that normaly it would take until rank 11 or so with most ppl to realize what the benifits are
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

Ivanhoe89 wrote: I could rely my whole economy on that.
And this is exactly why scouting needed changing. You should not be able to base your whole economy on scouting. Personally I would have preferred to see the foraging capacity cut back rather than the speed, I'm still hoping to see that cut back a bit.
jaredstanko

Post by jaredstanko »

you just learned how to make them spawn, grats.

by the way, thanks for getting straight to the center of the issue instead of dilly dallying, and nerfing scouts outright. by the way, to the OP, othing else changed.
Straun

Post by Straun »

this is a ridiculous thread. When 90% of top players had maxed scouting crap, and it's like the first thing people did every game, it's a problem.

Previous rounds there wasn't a need to pretty much do a damned thing if you could sit in front of computer scouting.

But even NOW it's still fantastic fantastic, you can max out parish stuff easily, just by scouting honor goods, the capacity is great, if anything they still pick up too much with research. IMHO there should be fewer research points in the tree in general, but whatever works.
Ivanhoe89

Post by Ivanhoe89 »

Straun wrote:this is a ridiculous thread. When 90% of top players had maxed scouting crap, and it's like the first thing people did every game, it's a problem.
It is ridiculous to me that it is a problem to you and everyone who is against scouts.

Scouts saves time! and gives you much more time to play, to build, to stay more online!
Now, that scouts are no longer powerful amongst other stuff, I'm logging in for 5 minutes, placing wood cutters hut and then turn it off.

Sorry but I don't like sitting in front of my screen and watching how wood after wood is piling up.. not for me!
And I'm also sorry that I like games that i'm actually doing something instead of waiting and waiting forever.

Without fast scouts, it would have taken you ages to gain resources! not to mention that it would
slow you down on anything else when using all your research points over resources!

It is ridiculous to me, that all of you are against scouts, but not against paying cards that actually overcomes these downgrades..
whatever!

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”