It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Popularity? 

Post Popularity?
I'm a new player. Only been playing about a week, so maybe this is a normal aspect of gameplay.

I'm having a serious issue with popularity, and recruiting peasants to my one and only village. My village was put in a territory that doesn't seem all that active. As a new player, I'm subjected to a -30 disease popularity decrease from a capital that is at 200 disease rate. I can't make monks to fix the problem even if I wanted to. The weather is crappy, so I'm losing it there. I have 20 peasants total, so I can't defeat the wolf lairs, or bandit camps that are also plaguing the territory that my village is in. The result is that for most of my time playing, I can't get my popularity over +7, despite having popular buildings, ale, and x3 food rations, and low occupancy rate.

Is this by design? I mean, is the intent of the game to literally only let you get one villager every 18 hours? Scout a bandit camp, lose your scout, and now you get to wait 18 hours again to do anything? I can't even raise taxes because any sort of positive gain in tax income results in my total popularity going negative. Surely I mustve mis-stepped somewhere.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Post Re: Popularity?
Reach out to other players, get into a faction.
Ask if they can help you to cure disease untill you can do it yourself. They might even send blessings to increase popularity.

You don't have to join a faction of you don't want to, but you can start some mail threads with players around you.

Also make sure you have an enclosed castle, to get the bonus from that.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:01 am

I suppose it just seems odd to me that as a new player, I have the potential of having a -75 popularity rating from events without the ability to counter it.

-30 disease
-18 "all castles"
-18 rain
-5 Bandit Camps
-4 Wolf Lairs

When at least 3 of those are completely outside my ability to counter. I can't send monks, I can't defeat a wolf lair with 150 wolves with 2 armed peasants, and certainly not a bandit camp.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:29 pm

If you start as a new player on a new server, it isn't as hard; disease doesn't exist yet, there isn't much AI and there is a beginner bonus.

But if you start on an older server in a later stage, it is indeed harder to grow

For both situations, the same rule counts though:

The more you research, the easier gameplay gets :) Good luck!

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]