Stewards controling parishes with one ville

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
LordBanko

Stewards controling parishes with one ville

Post by LordBanko »

It has come to my attention that houses r controlling many parishes with only one ville under their control and using the remainder of the villes as a tax base with no benefits. Some houses do not feel as steward it is their responsibility to heal their castle or take out bandits, other castles. They r using the parish for a war weapon and have no concerns about anyone else in the parish who is not affiliated with them. In fact they feel it is an act of war to even attempt to become a steward in a parish held by them. I feel to be a parish steward you must control at least 4 villes in the parish or at least hold a controlling amount of villes in the parish. Most top houses are closed and there is no real way to get anywhere in the game. I also see top houses with members who appear to have several accounts on the same server. So in summary if you have been placed by the game into a zone controlled by a primary house and they will not let u join, well then you r just out of luck. Stronghold Kingdoms could give neutral players the option where they don't have to pay taxes to a parish that doesn't support them and a filter where none affiliated neutrals cant be attacked unless they attack someone else first. I personally like the controlling villes concept. How do u rule a parish where u don't have a vested interest? Maybe only being able to control one parish at a time would work too. I bet that would * off some control freaks. Ruling should come from deeds not from multi accounts and intimidation. Better yet the game adds a revolution house where all the unaffiliated neutrals can join and take out all the single ville controlled parishes in one day. The top houses would loose control overnight.
Wizard

Re: Stewards controling parishes with one ville

Post by Wizard »

Personally I don't let houses dictate how I use my parishes if the steward doesn't do the job I have no qualm about either especially if he has only 1 city to have him razed out of there. A steward that doesn't kill AI cure the parish or do anything for the parish but collect taxes isn't deserving to be a steward even if I have to get razed out of that location, I will do something about it. It is how I steward and I don't accept any less if your using my taxes.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Personally I usually do the biggest castle in 3 to 4 depending if I have peasants I can sacrifice as a first attack to remove oil pots and traps.
I then like using two major only archers attack to remove tons of archers from it before sending my final attack with major catapult but I do that so that everyone in the parish can get a ton of free honor, I can just as easily do it in 2 hits.

Bad steward are all around us, they can be removed from power in w1 age 4 because houses are much smaller and many houses won't risk war for a bad steward in a parish they will work more on the big picture
jaksaaa

Post by jaksaaa »

even the biggest wolf castle can be killed with just one attack
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I have seen it I believe it was with like 120 catapult and a lot of pikes and archers full 500 armies
jaksaaa

Post by jaksaaa »

for the biggest wolf you need 120 catapults, 200 pikemans and 180 archers and i decent formation
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Do you really need to 1 shot these castles in the first place? As long as you kill them without spending too much money its fine
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

The reason players that hold high office are spread out is so that it is much harder to be monked out. Players are just using a good strategy to hold on to what they have. The downside is that often they have more AI castles in all their parishes than they could reasonably deal with, especially if they are at war. In the end this is just another negative consequence of monks being so powerful in this game.

Firefly really needs to look at this game, how it incentives players to play in a way that goes contrary to what makes a good gaming experience.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I would go more another route if a steward doesn't log for a week instead of his remaining 6 votes those should also go away so there would remain no steward in the parish letting anyone take them over if the old steward wants it he will have to log and vote himself in.

Personally I never understood why there is a 6 votes that remains in parish for the steward even if no one votes and if someone knows why they can tell me because I don't think that part should be in the game.

Also while at it anyone in vacation mode should lose all their votes in parish as soon as they set VM they can vote themselves back when they come back
And btw this should apply to any rank from parish to kingship
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

well greygamer personally I no longer kill rat and snakes in my parishes so if they need them for quest they can get the chance to do so.
Sometimes I will kill them anyway when I see an attack coming at them to get the honor for everyone since I already know it will be gone because of the attack coming but it is my way also to avoid having wolf too often.

It actually * me off when someone comes kill my rats, when I played a lot before those quests were there if someone killed a rat in my parishes without my permission I would raze 1 of his villages as retribution for that.

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”