Bombard

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Wizard

Re: Bombard

Post by Wizard »

Here is my honest opinion I have 2 of them in several villages I watched reports on them lately and I will have 3 of them in those village soon enough BUT

Bombards as they are now unless it is changed a bit are totally utterly useless. The fact that they don't kill a single unit and every fight last just as long with them or without them when you compare because they do not kill makes them a very very bad investment in your parish.

First the building is HUGE and what you get in return as I said unless they make some modification to their power, is simply nothing they reduce the life of a unit that your archers will kill in 1 shot anyway as a group damage or no damage on them so unless there was a major defending ai overhull making all units not so stupid as always target the same target together for example since a unit is 50% dead just use enough archers to finish it off and the next one over target another, until then or until bombards are modified to actually kill they are not worth having.
iammerlin

Post by iammerlin »

i seen bombards at work where they aimmed for the captain. he was killed even tho the army made it...

they are powerful if u have 4 build
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

iammerlin wrote:i seen bombards at work where they aimmed for the captain. he was killed even tho the army made it...

they are powerful if u have 4 build
Please forward me the report of a Bombard attacking a Captain

in game name = DekeYoungAtlanta
iammerlin

Post by iammerlin »

are u on w1?
DekeYoungAtlanta

iammerlin wrote:are u on w1?
I have sent you an in game mail on the World 1 Server.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

The maximum being 3 means he's just lying about having 4 so what he says he's meaningless.
DekeYoungAtlanta

iammerlin did forward me a report, and unlike my experiences in World 4 the Bombards did attack the distant troops rather then the nearest troops.

I have yet to see a World 4 Bombard vs. attacking captain. Perhaps the AI targeting has a priority on Captains over Catapults/Archers/Footmen.

- Deke
DekeYoungAtlanta

This report had 2 Bombards deployed
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

And yes bombards first target is captain, they target captain first it is a known fact. But they still don't kill them just like they don't kill anything else but the lost of major hp a few times really makes the captains weak.
iammerlin

Post by iammerlin »

it is true that the bombards dont directly kill the captain or archers around him, however what i witness was the health of those soldiers so low that a knight from the keep was able to single handedly finish of the rest of the health in the archers and captain.

btw the attack was a friendly cap which failed because of the knights going around and attacking captain. it was wide open to the keep.

also i didnt know there was a limit. report had 2 and they did a lot of damage. i figured twice as more would be twice as good.... :-p

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”