New player looking for fraction

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
emplexity

Re: New player looking for fraction

Post by emplexity »

DavidSpy wrote:@ Lawl

In case you missed it http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 75#p150775

:P

You're mean
#1 knob in world 1
StormQueen

Post by StormQueen »

DavidSpy wrote:Believe me, the players in House 17 are not noobs, far from it in fact. They are some of the best players SHK has ever seen which is why they would not submit in the third age and continued to fight against House 4 despite overwhelming odds.

Now why would I recommend a newbie join such a house? He's just going to get his posterior handed to him and will probably rage quit after all his villages have been razed overnight. Things have changed in the 4th and and I don't know which map you are looking at but House 17 has pretty much reclaimed their homeland, Ireland, with a house 5/16 alliance and are invading Scotland.

With the reduced House and faction cap there are few farmers still hiding behind the metaphorical skirt of the local powerhouse.
Well first off it's always nice to see someone give an opponent the credit they are due. I've never minded an aggressive opponent but I do like courtesy.
I guess much depends on the nature of the 'new' player although for most a neutral faction is probably better initially. For myself I was introduced to the game by a friend so joined their faction. I'm not in H17 but in much the same situation. Some efforts along the 'razing overnight' thing have been made but I'm still kicking .... and never was very good at that 'quitting' thing. :D

As for invasion of Scotland, so far as I can tell this is because H10 and H14 are trying to invade Ireland. Most certainly the conflict with H16 was initiated by them with one faction of H4 joining the bun fight in England.

The other thing is that 'neutral' has lost much of it's meaning with quite a number of apparently neutral factions actively supported H10, 14 and 4. There are some on the other side as well of course. Some are more open about it than others.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Neutral factions could possibly be players that didn't have room in the house to begin with because of their limitations of players so it is quite possible that neutral factions are part of the war in this new age.
StormQueen

Post by StormQueen »

I agree but the result is exactly the same situation as before but hidden because of the member and and faction cap.

A side effect is that true neutrals are not being respected.

I don't have all the history of course but it does also seem to me that it's just re fighting old battles and old grudges which seems a bit pointless. Besides if H17 did decide to throw in the towel what would you do then? :P
emplexity

Post by emplexity »

house 0 is best house, most members and FP ever!

and plenty of weapons to go around!
Last edited by emplexity on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1 knob in world 1
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

And the best farmers too probably lol.
erik3122

Post by erik3122 »

1/2 or 1/3 works. They are my favourite fractions.
God did not create man, man created god. - Dru

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”