Well it's more like beating a dead horse but you get my drift. Image

ImageImage

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:56 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: New player looking for fraction
yes david....cant wit til the tide turns

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:42 am

Nah, joining Age3 h17's would be a mistake in my opinion. Alot better players to learn from and better houses to join. Unless you want to pick up some bad habits and spend a lot of money then u might want to join them. Goodluck age 4! :twisted:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:32 am

Being pretty new to the game myself I've been observing with interest how the 'political map' works and how people in general play. Again being new I don't bring any history or old grudges to my perspective.

A little reading of this forum and this thread itself is quite illuminating.

So a new player is immediately told that if he joins H17 he will be razed. That implies that the old strategy of 'target the noob until he quits the game' is in operation. Is that REALLY how you want to play.

Also .... well it's a wargame but almost everyone is either trying to join one side or hide behind them so they can play farmville. My assumption is that the new Age 4 rules were intended to split things up so that conflict was more evenly spread but it would seem to have failed miserably. Instead everyone jumps on the same bandwagon. The other result unfortunately is a lot of players who present themselves as not only arrogant (which is ok in someone who can back it up) but also rude and apparently believe that allies can be used (or their parishes 'borrowed') or attacked whenever convenient.

It's a game so it's about having fun with people whose company you enjoy. Winning is always nice of course ... especially if you feel you deserve it. Maybe though it's time people took a long hard look at who deserves what.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Believe me, the players in House 17 are not noobs, far from it in fact. They are some of the best players SHK has ever seen which is why they would not submit in the third age and continued to fight against House 4 despite overwhelming odds.

Now why would I recommend a newbie join such a house? He's just going to get his posterior handed to him and will probably rage quit after all his villages have been razed overnight. Things have changed in the 4th and and I don't know which map you are looking at but House 17 has pretty much reclaimed their homeland, Ireland, with a house 5/16 alliance and are invading Scotland.

With the reduced House and faction cap there are few farmers still hiding behind the metaphorical skirt of the local powerhouse.

ImageImage

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:56 am
Profile WWW

Yeah theres always those few players per world that never give up and end up fighting the whole world for a few ages, I couldn't handle more than 2 months of that, worst experience Ive had in this game haha.

Props to those who stuck it out.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:42 am

@ Lawl

In case you missed it viewtopic.php?p=150775#p150775

:P

ImageImage

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 am
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:
@ Lawl

In case you missed it viewtopic.php?p=150775#p150775

:P

You're mean

#1 knob in world 1

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 am
Profile YIM

Hey, I'm not the one who razed a newb.

ImageImage

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:
Believe me, the players in House 17 are not noobs, far from it in fact. They are some of the best players SHK has ever seen which is why they would not submit in the third age and continued to fight against House 4 despite overwhelming odds.

Now why would I recommend a newbie join such a house? He's just going to get his posterior handed to him and will probably rage quit after all his villages have been razed overnight. Things have changed in the 4th and and I don't know which map you are looking at but House 17 has pretty much reclaimed their homeland, Ireland, with a house 5/16 alliance and are invading Scotland.

With the reduced House and faction cap there are few farmers still hiding behind the metaphorical skirt of the local powerhouse.

Well first off it's always nice to see someone give an opponent the credit they are due. I've never minded an aggressive opponent but I do like courtesy.
I guess much depends on the nature of the 'new' player although for most a neutral faction is probably better initially. For myself I was introduced to the game by a friend so joined their faction. I'm not in H17 but in much the same situation. Some efforts along the 'razing overnight' thing have been made but I'm still kicking .... and never was very good at that 'quitting' thing. :D

As for invasion of Scotland, so far as I can tell this is because H10 and H14 are trying to invade Ireland. Most certainly the conflict with H16 was initiated by them with one faction of H4 joining the bun fight in England.

The other thing is that 'neutral' has lost much of it's meaning with quite a number of apparently neutral factions actively supported H10, 14 and 4. There are some on the other side as well of course. Some are more open about it than others.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next