A new Player's thoughts

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Voltair

Re: A new Player's thoughts

Post by Voltair »

Hello King Drifyt, a belated welcome to Stronghold Kingdoms. I hope your dad gets well soon.

Wolf lairs will be bigger on World 1 as they are based on the average rank but there is still a random chance of getting a small lair. Dellwyndria already mentioned scouting and this is always the best thing to do. Then you know how many wolves you are up against.

The wolf AI was improved a while ago and this means that they are harder to kill. Below is some stats that fellow moderator Dru. worked out.

Scout the wolf lair then:
Armed peasants without upgrade (conscription/hit points) will be about 8 peasants to 1 wolf but it also depends on where they are placed since melee run right past them. If you use archers as well, then less peasants are needed.
The above should give you an idea of what army you need to take out the lairs.

When scouting send all 8 scouts if you can. The more you send the better chance of gaining a successful report.

Houbahouba

Post by Houbahouba »

King Drifyt wrote:I've been watching my dad play for months on this game and it looks exciting and all the stories he tells me of his day to day battles, but when I play I cant seem to get anywhere close to what he can do which is where I think this game fails for new players, I've been playing now for maybe 3 months in the limited time I can have the computer and have gotten no where near what he is able to do. I cant even kill a wolf camp yet and just wondering how long before I am able to do the things my dad can do.
Hey, contact me in game, I show you a few tricks to learn fast.

I have played this game for about 2 months and a half, and on this world for 2 weeks. So far, I am having a fight against the entire House 9. They have been bullying me because I am way too smart for them. I was in their House when they trained me the wrong way. I talked back, they kicked me out.

In the last battle, they came to my tiny castle with 50 troops with their 500 troops. I destroyed all 500 troops and still have 24 troops left. Typically I have 100 troops to fight waves after waves of 500 troops.

When I continue to improve, I will have 500 troops to fight of easily 10 of their 500 troop waves. These guys claimed they have been playing for two years, but I am way smarter then all of them. I told them I only need 10 minutes to study this whole game and a few weeks to master it.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

You won't be fighting off 10 properly timed attacks even with the best castle and 520 troops stationed. If you opponents are noobs then yes you will continue to fend off these attacks but go up against a real player and you won't stand a chance. ;)
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Houbahouba

Post by Houbahouba »

DavidSpy wrote:You won't be fighting off 10 properly timed attacks even with the best castle and 520 troops stationed. If you opponents are noobs then yes you will continue to fend off these attacks but go up against a real player and you won't stand a chance. ;)
Look, the H9 player is a Crown Prince, he claimed to play for 2 years. He razed 3 of my villages, but it cost him 10 waves of attacks, 3 + 3 + 4. Each of my casles had only 3-4 days to build, with no cards. Andeach only had 120 troops in. From 120 troops, after two waves of attack, it went down to 50 troops and I was till able to fight off.

I believe after I fully build the castle and have 520 troops, I can easily fend of 10 waves of attacks. Perhaps the H9 player is a noob.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

No castle can hold off 10 waves of timed attacks, oftentimes 5 will breach the keep with defense cards in play. It looks like you've got a veteran noob on your hands. :)

ImageImage

shadowsouls12

Post by shadowsouls12 »

I beat off 10 timed attacks on W6 :P the 11 attack got thru. I got someone to ID me before they got a captain off. :) it was nice of my enemies to forget to excom my allies.
it took some mad carding to beat off 10 attacks. 5 captains and a lot of archers. a nice placed moat helps a lot.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

I hate to pull a "no true Scot" fallacy here but what you claim is impossible without special circumstances present.

ImageImage

Houbahouba

Post by Houbahouba »

DavidSpy wrote:I hate to pull a "no true Scot" fallacy here but what you claim is impossible without special circumstances present.
Ok, you tell me which side won the battle, the 500-troop attacker or the 50-troop defender?

http://imgur.com/rHKMMbD

House 9 is a bunch of veteran noobs. After 4 days of fighting, they lost 8 Factions, now down to 4. They went from 24 million points in leader board to 5.5 millions in a very short time. That's so lame.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

Apologies, my penultimate post was directed at shadowsouls12, not you.

I'm not saying House 9 is pro, don't get me wrong. :lol: What I'm saying is if you think you are going to "easily" hold off 10+ attacks with a fully built castle you have another thing coming.

The odds of beating off 10 timed attacks is very slim, it requires heavy carding, a special castle design, and most likely mass piking of the keep which means you need to pray that the enemy didn't target your guardhouses and then restore your troops in a split second before the captain hits.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just very unlikely.

ImageImage

Houbahouba

Post by Houbahouba »

I had a half finish castle with only 200 archers and 7 pikemen open for attack. I forgot to ID it. It survived 4 attacks (not counting 1 attack to strip oils and cards). I did not use card at all. So, I would think if I load 520 archers 7 pikemen into a fully build castle, the castle will survive about 10 full attacks.

I am a new player and noticed I do things quite different from the so called veterans.

By the way, House 9 is most defeated. They already lost 9 of their 12 Factions. So, I am going to be nice to them and give them a break.

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”