A new Player's thoughts

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
RobertScott

Re: A new Player's thoughts

Post by RobertScott »

You assume David that the ten timed attacks were monster armies. Sometimes when one is asked to pitch in one throws a not totally buffed out vassal army into the mix, for the team.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

Houbahouba wrote:I had a half finish castle with only 200 archers and 7 pikemen open for attack. I forgot to ID it. It survived 4 attacks (not counting 1 attack to strip oils and cards). I did not use card at all. So, I would think if I load 520 archers 7 pikemen into a fully build castle, the castle will survive about 10 full attacks.

I am a new player and noticed I do things quite different from the so called veterans.

By the way, House 9 is most defeated. They already lost 9 of their 12 Factions. So, I am going to be nice to them and give them a break.
Well you are wrong, I hate to break it to you but any player worth their salt is going to cap/raze you while you are offline if they are using 10 "full attacks". I'm done with this as you clearly are a newb who thinks after a month or so he knows everything there is to know about the game while you obviously don't. Any further debate will only be a waste of both our time.

Oh, and as a member of the House who is pounding House 9 I think I'm well aware of their situation and the reason they are loosing so many points is because over 50% of their members didn't want the war with House 4 and dropped house, not because you survived 4 noob attacks on a half completed castle at 4am in the morning. So remember that while you are beating your chest over your trivial victory.
RobertScott wrote:You assume David that the ten timed attacks were monster armies. Sometimes when one is asked to pitch in one throws a not totally buffed out vassal army into the mix, for the team.
Well the player I'm in disagreement with here said they were "full armies". Maybe the noob in House 9 was attacking with 500 peasants, idk.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Sir Xman

Post by Sir Xman »

A retired players view on this game (in general):

I think that what this started as was great. I spent countless hours playing and having fun. Once FF introduced the Glory system the game took a turn at first I thought it was good but in the end I see that it kills the game for the player. I understand that people want to "win" but the time, effort, and energy that goes into "winning" certainly don't match the prizes for that victory. I have made many friends playing this game but I have also lost many of them because of the glory. In the end it was the glory that made the game very boring for me and one of the biggest reasons I quit. If you look at almost any other world other than world 1 you will see 1 house that dominates. FF set up the glory system without really looking ahead to as to how it could be "cheated". Now all the money players rank up to CP's in a couple weeks then dominate the map forcing all others to join them or be reset. W4 for example went through the 2nd age in less than 2 months almost every player joined H13 and sat on their asses for the entire age. They are again doing the same thing in 3rd age the last I looked every county was h13 and very few parishes were anything but h13. This game is broken in a bad way and sadly the only fix for it is to shut it down. Sorry FF but your product needs serious help and I am sorry that I spent the money on the game that I did as I probably could have got the same entertainment for free instead of the few hundred I spent on a broken game that shows no signs of being fixed.

With that I say good bye to the SHK community.

Sir Xman
Retired King of Wales
Governor of Mid, South Wales
Sheriff of Dyfed, Glamorgan
Razer of countless villages
ransacker of 2000 buildings
pillager of many goods
more achievements on world than any one else (when I quit)

Whoops I forgot
Faction founder of Uthers Bane
Faction General of Order of the Honey Badgers
Rest in Peace House 18 the greatest house that ever was.
Xman General Order of the Honey Badger
Chief Sinner of the House of Sinnners
Retired Sheriff of Dyfed
Retired Governor of Mid Wales
Retired King of Wales

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

The whole "one house dominates the world" ability can be alleviated by forcing smaller house/faction caps.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”