Fallacies of the 3rd Age Changes

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
countjimula

Re: Fallacies of the 3rd Age Changes

Post by countjimula »

Lord Alacrity wrote:Suggestions for the 4th Age?
I like the way it was when world 1 was new and just holding a country was a big deal. I think most players at the time had 4-7 villages (I remember thinking of our enemy Duke as a real powerful player at the time). Instead of just 1 or 2 big wars on the map we had many smaller wars over just counties all over the map. The world felt much larger at the time because you were so focused on your own little part of the map.

PS: please take a look at the link in my signature
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

masjidtanah

Post by masjidtanah »

FF should stop opening up more new worlds..... The old worlds is dying and people rather leave it when they lose in a war and then join another new world ... FF should honors the veteratns with rewards, or something like else, not just giving rewards to those in "winner house" only .... Then, old players will more interested to keep playing in the game ...

Fatal

Post by Fatal »

countjimula wrote:
I like the way it was when world 1 was new and just holding a country was a big deal. I think most players at the time had 4-7 villages (I remember thinking of our enemy Duke as a real powerful player at the time). Instead of just 1 or 2 big wars on the map we had many smaller wars over just counties all over the map. The world felt much larger at the time because you were so focused on your own little part of the map.

PS: please take a look at the link in my signature
I sign under this. I have no idea what was going on in the rest of the world in first days because I was fully focused on my stuff. I think I never looked futher than my province borders.

Also to topic starter
"Until the real problems are addressed all you have now is a few extra honor points to attack your opponents. Enemies can still shoot out a captain to grab a close charter no matter how much FP you burn on excommunication and trump you with cheap absolution. The charters are everywhere because holding a bunch of villages is a fools game due to honor costs and that there is no way to make a barrier defense. You can always grab a village deep in enemy territory and you can't be stopped unless your enemy does the same to you. There are no front lines in this game. Only modern backyard terror tactics. It resembles absolutely nothing like medieval war strategy."
Actually you missing one thing. A honour boost to banquets and passive honour allows you to gain more villages and higher rank and there IS a point in this. The more villages you own in peace time, the more FPs you'll farm before getting into fight. Just drop down to 10 towns before jumping into fight.
And you are right about feeding the church. Only possible way to hit 15th level is if you had all 10 or 15 or more towns all in 1 parish and produced every banquet good type yourself.
But when I have towns in 10+ parishes and barely produce something like vension/furniture/metalware/clothes and no other types of goods(as Im sticking to lowlands mostly, which is warrior's style) then it's impossible for me to have 15th level church in each parish. I did try to get my parishers to help, but I discovered that the amount of honour goods i'll spend on those churches to get 30 extra fps per village would give me millions of honour that I would spent to set 2-3 more villages and 236fp from each would greatly overcome what that 5 levels of church give.
Plus there is a risk that someone will monk the steward off the parish and delete that church. As you said there is nothing that would stop an enemy player from buying charter in your parish, monking you out and deleting your guilds - that is what I like to do when I gain access to enemy parish capital. Excomm is totally useless.
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit

emplexity

Post by emplexity »

You can't delete maxed guilds in parish's in the 3rd age....

Omg it kills me....

Jesus like.. can you even * up parish mechanics anymore than that?
#1 knob in world 1

Founders

Post by Founders »

Faster research like x10 :)
Faster merchants x3

get bonuses of some kind for killing enemy troops on attack (maybe fp points) or a % of killed troops returned in weapons)

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”