Fallacies of the 3rd Age Changes

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
SirZeke

Fallacies of the 3rd Age Changes

Post by SirZeke »

Most of the changes that FF made for the 3rd Age don't really change anything.

All that extra honor and villages? You still have to pay extra for every village over your 10th. Any of the good fighters know that you never have more than 10 villages. Why bother with a bunch of extra villages that only suck down your honor to replace them? Promotion? That gives you nothing but trouble. The AI's only get stronger and you cannot find LL's readily. Research? You'll never get anywhere relying on promotion. You have to buy research to get it done. Anyone with half a brain finished all their military research when they became a prince. So getting promoted doesn't help you at all. It only works against you as your costs rise and the AI's hit you harder. Better to be a low rank prince or duke with your research done via gold buying. Scariest fighter I can remember was a duke that had maxed out his military skills and used experienced prince tactics.

More villages and more rank? Don't fall for that suckers trap if you want to be a good fighter. Stay low rank prince and don't hold more than 10 villages.

Until the real problems are addressed all you have now is a few extra honor points to attack your opponents. Enemies can still shoot out a captain to grab a close charter no matter how much FP you burn on excommunication and trump you with cheap absolution. The charters are everywhere because holding a bunch of villages is a fools game due to honor costs and that there is no way to make a barrier defense. You can always grab a village deep in enemy territory and you can't be stopped unless your enemy does the same to you. There are no front lines in this game. Only modern backyard terror tactics. It resembles absolutely nothing like medieval war strategy.

Don't bother with the new banqueting rules. You need every bit of honor goods you can get for feeding the church. That FP still remains the resource that decides if you win or die. You need all you can get so you can lock down your home areas while you terrorize in the enemy's home areas. Then it's just a race to see who runs out of FP first.

The new rule to use in Age3? Feed your parish churches. The rest? Discard and get back to what you were doing in Age 2.

The only changes that would really work would be giving stewards control of charters, not allowing enemy armies pass right between any two defended villages, allowing players to keep increasing military skill potency as long as they or the AI's can rank up, or discarding ID/excom/abs for good. Do I see FF doing that? No.

Let's just burn through Age 3 and close it out as fast as we can so we can settle on another Age 1 world.
genelafrenier

Re: Fallacies of the 3rd Age Changes

Post by genelafrenier »

I disagree Zeke, the extra honor will allow us to be fighters with high numbers of villages, and actually makes banquetting relevant. Max banquet is 4.3m.. I'd say that's good.
SirZeke

Post by SirZeke »

Would you burn potential FP for honor? The fight is always lost when you run out of FP. The parish churches are the only salvation in this age.

Also why would anyone burn 6 to 30 million honor for a village when it isn't necessary? Better to use that honor fighting the enemy.
SirZeke

Post by SirZeke »

Trust me. Those churches will drain your coffers for months to come. I estimate I will need a quarter million clothes just to finish off all my churches.

Even the honor gained from popularity doesn't do much if you need constantly 10 to 20 million to replace war zone villages if you don't rigidly adhere to the 10 or less rule.

If FF wanted us to take more villages they should have raised the no honor penalty cap up from 10. And if they wanted us to keep promoting past CP1 then they should have capped max AI damage. I reached my maximum castle strength as a duke. Every promotion since only makes me more vulnerable to AI attacks. I also gained no actual battle damage strength since. Gets pretty ridiculous when the final siege attacks are sending 900 troops at you, half being swordsman. Sure I can keep trying to tweak my castles a bit in the layout but there is a limit there. Those white lines don't move and you have to balance barrier strength with guard house needs and ballista. At a certain point you decrease your troop protection if you want extra barrier protection.

There were changes done, but the real root issues remain. All the bandaids in the world won't fix femoral artery bleeding.
SirZeke

Post by SirZeke »

It's the 3rd and last age. There are no more farmers. Only winners, losers, and those silly enough to play bystanders at the end of time.

The rule would have made sense in the first age, but not now. The house that wins will not be a house of farmers.

FF needs to make changes based on what players actually do, not what they hope to steer them to.
apofis

Post by apofis »

SirZeke wrote:It's the 3rd and last age. There are no more farmers. Only winners, losers, and those silly enough to play bystanders at the end of time.

The rule would have made sense in the first age, but not now. The house that wins will not be a house of farmers.

FF needs to make changes based on what players actually do, not what they hope to steer them to.
Oh just stop crying.... because some ppl like to have lots of villages and they still do alot in wars so just shut up...
Grand Duchy of Lithuania - Mighty Baltic Force
Push us and we will crush you.

House 6
Grand Duchy of Lithuania

World 5
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

It seems this game is out of balance in favor of the farmers and well established houses. In reality there is little difference between the two groups. Resetting the houses might change the flag, but it does little to challenge the players that rule the worlds, and farmers that join them to "win".
SirZeke wrote:The house that wins will not be a house of farmers.
Have you seen world 4? Have you seen most of the worlds in this game now? Are you saying that house 13 in world 4 right now works as hard to keep their land as house 17 and the players in Wales did in world one's first age?
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Kedavra

Post by Kedavra »

SirZeke wrote:It's the 3rd and last age. There are no more farmers. Only winners, losers, and those silly enough to play bystanders at the end of time.

This is not the last age.
apofis

Post by apofis »

Sir Xman wrote:as a player of several worlds it seems that the only truly fair thing FF can do with new worlds is to not have accounts be inclusive. What I mean is that the cards and card points from W1 can't be used on USA 1, or W8, or W7... you get the idea. What you have from one world cant transfer to another as far as cards and card points.
Agree!!! I think the same way. Because ok they buy cards fine be heavy carder in this world, but if they want to do this in new world so they have to be with 0 card points and if they want cards they have to buy it again. It would be the best update for this game ever. Why? Ok for me maybe its nothing because i will only play on W5 and i dont spend money for game but for new players this would be very good because old players with thousands just ruin new world. So yes i think they should make cards and card points only for 1 world just like premium. If you buy cards or card points in W1 so you can use them only in W1. I hope they will make this someday.
Grand Duchy of Lithuania - Mighty Baltic Force
Push us and we will crush you.

House 6
Grand Duchy of Lithuania

World 5
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Sir Xman wrote:as a player of several worlds it seems that the only truly fair thing FF can do with new worlds is to not have accounts be inclusive. What I mean is that the cards and card points from W1 can't be used on USA 1, or W8, or W7... you get the idea. What you have from one world cant transfer to another as far as cards and card points.
I think this should also go for quest rewards and rewards given for winning glory rounds. It is easy right now to just play part time in many worlds doing the quests and joining the glory winning house to get rewards that can be used in their main world. This gives a false impression of a world power house's actual power.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”