multi accounts

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Chinip

Re: multi accounts

Post by Chinip »

Why cannot high level players absolute themselves or defend attacks with the help of absolution from players of their own rank?

I am talking of limiting interdiction not absolution

countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Chinip wrote:Why cannot high level players absolute themselves
I get the idea you have never had all your villages excomed
Chinip wrote:or defend attacks with the help of absolution from players of their own rank?
It is sometimes hard enough to get any players online to help, it only takes 10-20 min or less for good players to send out enough attacks to make defense hopeless.

This idea assumes that every player with two accounts has a low level alt account, and I doubt that is the case the majority of the time.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

I have in the past been excommunicated at all villages and been saved by faction brothers, this is where you discover who your real friends are and make the bonds that last in this game.

I would not devalue this, this is what the game is about friends helping each other when they are both in need, people stay in this game because of these friendships so for FF to promote this behavior would make them money.

Cheaters on the other hand ruin the game for everyone and devalue all our investment in this game as well as being the reason that some good players have left (judging from old forum posts)

On this general subject it is clear FF are addressing the issue of cheats, I have heard of a couple of H4 getting banned in my area alone but as we know FF can quickly get swamped with reports of alts and this would reduce the flow I think and make it easier and quicker to deal with the cheats.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

Too often word around the campfire is merely a pile of uninformed gossip. Players are regularly investigated and blocked for violations of the SHK Rules, most without any player input at all.

If you suspect other players of breaching the game rules, compile all evidence you have in a concise manner, then submit a detailed ticket to Support. Posting on the forum gets you nothing but a link to redirect you to support.

Tips for submitting a ticket!

Explain which SPECIFIC players are involved and exactly WHAT it is that they are doing. A ticket like this is not going to be checked:
hi! i see playerZ and him sented goods to playerY and i am know they is cheat. pls look!
A ticket like this will also be ignored:
hi! as u know we r faction XYZ1 in H21 and we r at war with H22 and H23 in down. we know they are use multi account! we all know firefly cheat 4 H22 so i dont espect u to do anything
Firefly doesn't know or care what House or faction you are in on which world. It makes NO difference to them in how they perform their duties. Investigations take time and Firefly will not inform you of any action taken during the investigation(s).

If it appears that nothing has been done, then that is because the investigation did not conclude a violation of the rules.

Remember: suspicious does not equal guilty.

I hope this provides you with some clarity.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

thank you David, on the subject of proof/evidence what form may this take?

Unless the cheat posts "I am a cheat get me banned please" then it is all complete guesswork, I would be interested to know what is seen as being even semi-concrete evidence, this is just so I know what to look for before wasting FF's valuable time

Also David why are you making inflammatory statements about Valve when they are an business associate of the FireFly company, I have run steam over a 56k connection without problems in the past so I would say that your subtitle is misleading at best and I very much doubt supported by Firefly.

I would say that a moderator abusing this forum to distribute lies about a company that helps Firefly to distribute their products is something of a breach of FireFly's trust in him.

Sorry for this being off topic but I felt something had to be said
Last edited by DavidSpy on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post

countjimula

Post by countjimula »

It is hard to tell someone what to look out for to find multi accounts without also making a manual on how to use multi accounts without making it obvious. Experienced players can tell the difference between highly organized game play and suspect behavior.

Thread here:

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

countjimula wrote:It is hard to tell someone what to look out for to find multi accounts without also making a manual on how to use multi accounts without making it obvious. Experienced players can tell the difference between highly organized game play and suspect behavior.
Where I am there are many neutral accounts that pop up send monks for H4 and then go inactive, I would guess these are alts but then again they just be people who like sending ID to our enemy or attack our villages. If I was to raise a ticket for each of these then FF would be flooded with complains about abandon accounts that don't care if they are banned. To me it would make more sense to ban the main account or to make it harder to cheat in this fashion. Given that there are some players on the same IP that are not cheating then banning the main account would be unfair to them, they would not be able to take part in wars for fear of being falsely accused hence why limiting ID and I would also add influencing to their rank and house. To me the idea that a neutral can involve themselves in a house war is unreasonable and should not be possible. By the same token neutral parish should not be available to be influenced off neutrals. I do not have a problem with people who just want to farm and remain aprat from the house wars and glory

countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Chinip wrote: Where I am there are many neutral accounts that pop up send monks for H4 and then go inactive, I would guess these are alts but then again they just be people who like sending ID to our enemy or attack our villages.
Are you talking about house 1,2?

Edit: world 1, or 2?
Last edited by countjimula on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread here:

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

No neutral as in no house, yes H4 have moved a load of their players into H2 and H11 and some are assisting from those houses but I am talking about house less players who send monks to benefit H4. Some have even attacked our villages with skill greater than their rank would suggest, its annoying but I don't want to swamp FF with claims and have myself ignored when I am totally sure.

Voltair

Post by Voltair »

Chinip see this thread and the last post by Merepatra. http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 88#p133388 Firefly will look/investigate tickets that give reasons why you believe players are multi accouting. This is confirmed by Merepatra. They will never disclose how/what they use to check, but they do check and players are banned due to Firefly's diligence.
Chinip wrote:If I was to raise a ticket for each of these then FF would be flooded with complains about abandon accounts that don't care if they are banned.
Then make out one ticket and list all the names and give your reasons. It doesn't have to be one ticket per name. But if you see a "pattern" around you and you put down your concerns/observations in a logical/concise manner then it will be investigated.

*As a note to your concerns with Interdiction. Firefly have been adding/balancing/tweaking this game since they developed it. I have seen a lot of changes since Alpha 4 and no doubt other mods that have been around longer than I, such as Skyehawk, GEK and Judge Spree, have seen even bigger changes. If you have suggestions then by all means put them in feedback and Firefly will read them. Not so long ago Lord Alacrity had a forum thread asking players for feedback in regards to Interdiction. He received quite a lot of replies in that thread. I don't think it's still around though as it served its purpose at the time. If I do find it I will edit this post and paste the link here.
countjimula wrote:I also miss Bobkyou :cry:
Me too :(

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”