multi accounts

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
DavidSpy

Re: multi accounts

Post by DavidSpy »

Chinip wrote:
However the facts speak for themselves using multis is acceptable in SHK if you are willing to pay for the priviledge.
There have been plenty of carders banned for breaking the game rules so your generalization is null.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

DavidSpy wrote:
Chinip wrote:
However the facts speak for themselves using multis is acceptable in SHK if you are willing to pay for the priviledge.
There have been plenty of carders banned for breaking the game rules so your generalization is null.
I may be wrong, I thought it was common knowledge that FF do not ban accounts that have a premium token, has this changed recently?

I was under the impression that paying players would not be banned for having more than one account on the same IP and the in game limitations for the same were removed, has this change too?

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

Chinip wrote: I may be wrong, I thought it was common knowledge that FF do not ban accounts that have a premium token, has this changed recently?

Paranoid rumors and conspiracy theories do not constitute actuality, at no time did Firefly discriminate between premium and free-to-play players when banning.

Chinip wrote:I was under the impression that paying players would not be banned for having more than one account on the same IP and the in game limitations for the same were removed, has this change too?
Again, nothing has changed. Your rumors and impressions do not constitute actuality and are in fact flat out wrong.

Tips for submitting a ticket!

Explain which SPECIFIC players are involved and exactly WHAT it is that they are doing. A ticket like this is not going to be checked:
hi! i see playerZ and him sented goods to playerY and i am know they is cheat. pls look!
A ticket like this will also be ignored:
hi! as u know we r faction XYZ1 in H21 and we r at war with H22 and H23 in down. we know they are use multi account! we all know firefly cheat 4 H22 so i dont espect u to do anything
[/quote]

Firefly doesn't know or care what House or faction you are in on which world, nor do they care if you have a premium token in play/buy cards or are a free-to-play player. It makes NO difference to them in how they perform their duties.

ImageImage

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

Extract from Game Rules

5. Players sharing an Internet Connection.

Players who are sharing the same connection should not trade or reinforce each other. Nor should they capture each others villages. The game will automatically detect if you are on the same connection and limit what can be done.

If you are using a shared connection, which uses the same public IP address for all players on this connection, you will be unable to perform certain actions. Shared IPs will happen if players are on the same network, i.e. people in the same house/office.

These actions are:

Voting for or by influencing with monks in an election, players on the same connection.
Making a vassal or becoming a liege lord to players on the same connection.
Reinforcing players on the same connection
Using monks (Interdict, Absolution and Excommunicate) on players on the same connection.
Trading with players on the same connection.
Attacking the same common target (humans only) as players on the same connection.

It's possible that people on the same ISP with dynamic IPs may get the same IP.

Players with a Premium Token in play are not subject to this restriction.

So if they have a premium token in play, then from what the game rules say, they wont be banned for being on the same IP or anything else in rule 5. As to rule 1 of the same game rules then to have 100% accuracy of differentiating between a single player with multiple accounts and multiple players on the same IP is virtually impossible and so banning for this would be based upon pure guess work.

I presume that I will now loose my forum posting privileges as my posts are not inline with wishful thinking, I along with the legal world take company statements to be binding and this can upset people who put themselves above the same company's rules, I miss Bobkyou what ever happened to him? his absence has changed everything and not for the better

countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I also miss Bobkyou :cry:

There are family members that play this game, but that is not the same as multi accounts. This thread puts firefly in a no win situation. If they reveal all their methods used to find multi accouters to satisfy the players in this post that they are working to find them, it will make it much easier to foil such methods. If firefly does not reveal such methods it is just assumed that they are not working hard to find such rule breakers.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy »

Chinip wrote:
Players with a Premium Token in play are not subject to this restriction.

So if they have a premium token in play, then from what the game rules say, they wont be banned for being on the same IP or anything else in rule 5.
Wrong again, you are misinterpreting the rules. Players with a premium token in play are not subject to the IP restriction, meaning they can trade, reinforce, vote for, etc players on the same IP. Nowhere in the rules does it clearly state that a player with a premium token in play won't be banned for using multiple accounts in the same world.

Chinip wrote:As to rule 1 of the same game rules then to have 100% accuracy of differentiating between a single player with multiple accounts and multiple players on the same IP is virtually impossible and so banning for this would be based upon pure guess work.
You might be surprised what some players admit to. ;)

The Stronghold Kingdoms game rules state that players may not have more than one account per game world, they may not share accounts with each other and players who are sharing the same connection(IP address) should not trade or reinforce each other or capture each others villages.

Having a Premium Token in play does not allow an individual to use more than one account per world.
11. Blocked and Banned accounts

A blocked account will remain blocked for a minimum of 7 days in most cases.
Stronghold Kingdoms Game Rules

ImageImage

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

countjimula wrote:I also miss Bobkyou :cry:

There are family members that play this game, but that is not the same as multi accounts. This thread puts firefly in a no win situation. If they reveal all their methods used to find multi accouters to satisfy the players in this post that they are working to find them, it will make it much easier to foil such methods. If firefly does not reveal such methods it is just assumed that they are not working hard to find such rule breakers.
Yes you are completely correct, FF have tried to address this issue but they are unfortunately stuck between a rock and a hard place. This is not FF's fault by any means, where there is a system for good there will always be those who abuse the system for bad but pretending that every multi accounter will be dealt with as they deserve even in a timely fashion is optimistic to the point of naivety.

It would be better for FF to say "Everything possible is being done and don't stop sending in tickets just because some cheat is still getting away with it, with your help we will get them in the end". This changes it to a community issue and the community are the ones with the real power to remove cheats of every kind

skyehawk

Post by skyehawk »

Having been playing Stronghold Kingdoms for three and a half years and having been a moderator for almost three years, I have seen this issue unfold over time. When we were in the alphas and the beginning of the beta, players who said they were trying to play with their family in the same house were totally upset that they were subject to the IP ban on helping each other. This was debated in the forums, the chats and behind the scenes with the moderators and admins. Even though they realized that there appeared to be no perfect solution, adding the premium feature as a way for families or friends to play together on the same IP was Firefly's effort to find a reasonable solution. As we all know, there can be no way to prefectly monitor who might be multi-accounting, but in the past few years, I have seen Firefly admins address the problem and, though they do not share the details with moderators or other players, the feedback we often get from banned players or their 'allies' has shown us that many are banned for multi-accounting. I believe Firefly tries not to discuss the premium aspect concerning IP sharing so as not to encourage abuse of it. Behind the scenes, they have told us that they look at many things in a character's game history to help them decide who they believe is cheating, and who they think are not.

By the way, I recruited bobkyou to be a moderator, and I miss him also, if for no other reason than he was the best at figuring out details of the game and how they affected play. Things that Firefly did not share with the players, he often found ways to test out and report on what he had discovered. I hope he is doing well, wherever he may be.

Chinip

Post by Chinip »

On this subject it occurred to be that by simply limiting accounts to being able to interdict villages of their own rank and lower that the mass creation of multi-accounts for this purpose would become more arduous for the cheats.

The idea that a new player would join the game and restrict their research to that which would allow them to ID a prince level account cannot be seen as anything but cheating so by limiting this only the cheats would be effected.

In terms of development time this is a minor change and hence costing an hour at most, to effectively remove this type of abuse

countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Chinip wrote:On this subject it occurred to be that by simply limiting accounts to being able to interdict villages of their own rank and lower that the mass creation of multi-accounts for this purpose would become more arduous for the cheats.
So you think it is ok for the highest ranked players to become defenseless when excomed? Most of the time the highest ranked player is also the biggest target, and the one with the most political control.

This change assumes that players rank up to a high level and only then suddenly starts making alt accounts. I think players that decide not to cheat early on, are less likely to do so later, as they have more to lose to a ban as they rank up. Players with a tendency to cheat are going to do so early on, and their accounts will be similar in rank and research.
Chinip wrote: The idea that a new player would join the game and restrict their research to that which would allow them to ID a prince level account cannot be seen as anything but cheating so by limiting this only the cheats would be effected.
You do not think anyone asks their friends IRL to help them out by joining the game for mainly that purpose?
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”