Who even plays on W1 after 2nd Age?

All discussion related to activity in World 1 should be posted here.
Brujah_Lair

Who even plays on W1 after 2nd Age?

Post by Brujah_Lair »

I'm not sure about anyone else, but since the second age began, I've seen veteran players, friends, and former housemates drop like a bad habit. Many have gone to either W6 or W7 in disgust with the poor development and thought process of the whole ordeal.

If you honestly think about everything, what is the difference from before? The players in power remain in power as long as they reform. The players who did not win the Glory are still in bad shape because it cost more now to remove them from power. If they were going to "reset" for the second age, it should have at least been thought through to where players had to spawn again in random places. This would have caused everyone to disburse evenly throughout the map.

Yes, many would argue the fact of loosing their villages, but how else could it be an even keel? If you want my honest opinion, this was a well thought plan for Firefly Studios to make more money with purchases of Crowns. Good luck playing the 2nd Age without spending more money than you did in the 1st. The only problem is that Firefly didn't foresee how many players despised this act, and they were not relying on this many quitting to go elsewhere.

Does anyone else share the same thought's?
VAL1ANT

Re: Who even plays on W1 after 2nd Age?

Post by VAL1ANT »

@barujah, u are not the only one who thinks that way. :(

it was a perfect system that crumbled because of the second age, these changes have brought upon a storm of problems for every one, higher ranks to lower ranks, perish reset and rules alteration is cause problems for every one, players who were previously engaged in disputes and farming are now completely stuck with rebuilding every thing from scratch, and not only that the usage of guilds has been droops to almost zero, because no one wants to waste flags on them; while not having them has taken away almost every bonous, there is no food, ale, weapons, stockpile (i mean every thing.... :S) bonuses left. Meanwhile, the AI attacks are so frequent that castles need constant repairs, between building the perish and killing the AI to reduce negative honour, no one has time to engage in battle which is mostly where players buy crowns.

those players who are in battle realize that it costs a lot to stay in it and bugg out after a few days, All in all this is a very serious problem for established players in world 1, who are now shifting to newer worlds just because of this age II non-sense. me included. :cry:

PS: i really do think that reset of just the glory race would have been enough and would have cause new beginings for every one, plus the speedup of glory rounds isnt that bad either, but the rest is .....
Kings | Two for One, One for All.
Cambell

Post by Cambell »

I see advantages in local enclaves of players thinking and working together under age 2 rules.
The game has evolved, the players need to adapt and evolve with it..
The focus is I think on local players supporting a crown prince and the crown prince supporting them reciprocally .
Knowing your neighbor is now equally as important as knowing who is in your house and faction.
Simply start by chatting over the fence and get to know your neighbors better. It will change the way you think and play..
VAL1ANT

Post by VAL1ANT »

the issue is not about the problems caused by age II, my point was why change a good working system? when u know it does cause problems for veterans and new players alike.
bukland

Post by bukland »

In my opinion is most hard to play in II age.
Ai castles have the same strenght but you haven't parish army to attack them.
If they destroy turrets or ballistas it is impossible to rebuilt them.
Catapults go out of stock soon, so it is quiet impossible to fight on regular basis.
Id costs a lot, there are some multi who has still some FPs but it will last soon for them too.
Plaing cards could be an help, but it is impossible to have all the cards in play to reach the production levels of first age.
I think it is pretty impossible for new players to join and enjoy the II age, and for the veterans it is not so funny. I see a lot of veterans going in vacation mode or leaving their capitals, simply because exausted.
In second age the routinary actions must be performed often and often and this is really boring.
DekeYoungAtlanta

2nd Age World 1 is like a brand new prison

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Playing in 2nd age world 1 is like being in a brand new prison where they bus in an entire new prison population and the inmates are not sure who they can trust.
Brujah_Lair

Post by Brujah_Lair »

@bukland

Yes, I see your point on this clearly. While the intention of my thread was not to "downplay" Stronghold, it is to hopefully point out to the developers who might be reading this that the disgust is growing. Personally, I truly enjoy playing on a regular basis, and for me, it is not an issue of logging in daily to do quest ect.. However, as stated in this thread, why change something that many of the players who fund your campaign did not want?

It is our money that keeps them in business. Yes, this is a "free" to play game, but is it really free to play? Sure! you just will never be able to compete in any manner with anyone. Basically all I am trying to say, as you can clearly see by the recent results of the glory race where House 18 has once again claimed victory, this changed nothing. If they would have listened to the players when this change was first announced, this could have been easily corrected.

With every game there is always some form of update, always. Personally, I just like to see when developers listen to their players opinions about changes than their own. We shall see what they decide for the III Age as that will be coming soon at this rate with House 18 running a muck with World 1.
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

I play on W5 and from reading this it sounds horrible here. When 2nd age comes it time to look for a new game to play I guess.
VAL1ANT

Post by VAL1ANT »

@Brujah_Lair

i agree with you completely, and we are not alone, many players have either left the game in disgust or shifted worlds, i also agree with others that experimentation is good, but when FF does it with out popular support, it will cause problems like this,

at the start of second age, there were 2 major wars, which ended in weeks because no one has FP to spare because of double costs, no has perishes to help others, and vassals once used are impossible to fill again, due to so much -ve popularity (which is because of no bonuses, AI , disease and not to forget weather).

that being said, people watch each others face all day long waiting for flags and villages to do some thing. Believe it or not, when age II comes to other worlds with these rules, players are going start dropping like flies. They are killing the game. :evil:
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

I think the biggest drag to 2nd age is the reset of the parishes to have no guilds, and no upgrades.
The parish army is useless (for a while), and village production is diminished.
This makes the game quieter. It was already too quiet.

Return to “World 1 Lounge (Closed)”