It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Road to success; A marshall's guide 

Post Re: The Road to success; A marshall's guide
delta2k17 wrote:
You are right in some ways but also wrong in others.

Experience is everything in this game, not cards. For the sake of argument lets say there is guy 2 months into the game who spends 1000$ bucks on this game and myself who spends 0%, we are both prince and all researched, but when it comes down to it Id destroy him so hard it wouldnt even be funny. Cards are nothing without experience to know how to use them, and again even with experience carders can be GREAT but easily beaten by skilled experienced veterans who are active. You are right in the sense that you cannot do much if you are not active, activity is everything in this game.

Also the reason of the downfall of many houses are because they want to win glory, H4 on W1 hasnt even though about trying to win glory until age 3, we are respected throughout the game and we said age 3 is our age to win and so far so good. The only way to keep a house going is connections, connections without alliances, connections with alliances to help you fight. Its all about people not fighting you, the least you fight , the least chance there is to loose. But hey thats not very fun is it haha.

About a the HM taking all responsibilities is frankly dumb, 99% of HMs who do EVERYTHING will fail. In the past what ive seen work is a HM has a officer in his faction take care of the faction as the Hms job is the house not his faction , and then that officer will divide his other officers into catagorys, village placement, diplomacy etc... etc... But really a strong house is measured by its FGs, 1 HM cannot do it alone, you need multiple people who are qualified to be a HM to make a strong leadership house.

Your tips for a HM are correct and obvious, one thing new leaders need to learn is. Dont let your faction make descisions for you. You are the HM or FG for a reason therefore YOU know whats best for the faction or house, you let others give their opinion on the matter and you look at the situation from all angles and people are smart and can give great ideas but when it comes down to it the LEADER needs to make the final descision to what he thinks, not what the majority thinks.

I really didnt read all of it because Im under attack but I though to make acouple posts on it

You would be welcome. I'll see if I can respond to your main points to see if we can come to a consensus.

- I'd say you need both experience and cards. As you said, experience to see how and where you need them and cards for the obvious edge in battle or for your economy. It's common knowledge that it is much harder to raze an active carder than a similar skilled non carder as this guide assumes both sides are about equally skilled/experienced and equal in size. There's no need to make a guide for trampling down "noobs" or "small fry".

- I think I covered that. I think many houses would go for glory if they saw an opportunity, but a lot can't or "peak" too soon, earning them too many enemies. I've been active on world 1 too. For instance, I think house 17 failed there in world 1 because they made too many enemies and failed to keep their allies their allies. Their/our arrogance was their downfall as after age 2, simply too many wanted them gone and eventually, they have to fight an uphill battle against superior numbers and resources (FP's mostly). I might be wrong, but I got the impression that world 1 wasn't that active anymore at the start of age 3. The war against the remnants against house 17 was rather short wasn't it? As far as I know, after not many powers contested house 4 there. No disrespect meant; I've always said that the people that remained on world 1 are in general very good players although it seems it became a farming world now and I doubt a next age has much use there. I've covered the importance of diplomatics and reputation quite a lot in this guide.

- I agree on the HM's tasks. I've basically written what you said there. Maybe obvious but many houses still lack a clear chain of command or have an overlap of responsibilities.

Hope you will read everything and can reply to me again.

edit: Much appreciated Davidspy.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:36 am

Ye your points are right, was just adding to it :)

H17 failed because they made enemies, backstabbed me in ES and then when it came to the fight, their top players werent there or performing. One of the best players in the game Blecking didnt join till it was too late and now he's just wrecking it. Kingshark wasnt fighting, madpro wasnt fighting like madpro has in the past, zokik,cuner,loodi none of them were really fighting

It may have ended in a different way if H17 had their fighters fighting

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:48 am

Very good post

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:02 am

I'm adding this guide to the sticked help thread table in the game help subforum. :)

ImageImage

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 am
Profile WWW

I don't want to make any official additions to the guide, but with the developments on for example the Europe server, it should become pretty clear that managing and having a plan regarding neutrals is key for victory in the glory race. You can * them off and ignore them, or involve them and literally reap the glory.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 am

I posted it to Steam with full accreditation ofc http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =263898240

ImageImage

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:59 am
Profile WWW

a mistake being what exactly?

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 am

nr1stunner wrote:
a mistake being what exactly?

Stop trolling.

ImageImage

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

Ahh right, steam. Appreciated. Although I have a feeling it's not really up to date anymore.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Well if you decide to edit it let me know and I'll mirror the changes to the steam guide. Are you on Steam? Would you like to be added as a contributor user to the guide? You'd have the ability to edit it yourself if so.

ImageImage

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2