Possible issue with bonus column in Village Table

If there’s anything you’d like to contribute to the Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki you can let us know here.
C_Whipple

Possible issue with bonus column in Village Table

Post by C_Whipple »

I have three different types of villages in the same parish. One of them is a marsh, which the Village Table Bonus column shows should give a production bonus to catapults (Why?). However, all three villages in the parish are producing the exact same amount of Catapults per day. (no bonus there)

In my other village in another parish (of which I am the steward), my plains village type is producing double the daily amount of my other three village types. But the village table bonus column shows no Catapult bonus. And before someone says that the province has a bonus due to the catapult building having been built in that parish in the past, giving it a bonus, not the case. That building still needs 8 flags to be able to be placed, so it has never been built yet.

All I can make of this is that the entries on the bonus column of the village table are incorrect. (Never made sense to me why you would get a production bonus for building catapults in a marsh in the first place, actually a pretty silly idea if you think about it.) Since it takes wood and stone to manufacture catapults, and that is all that is available in a plains village (plus it's flat terrain, so easier to move them around), a plains village type makes much more sense.
C_Whipple

Re: Possible issue with bonus column in Village Table

Post by C_Whipple »

OK, Sorry. I meant Parish. My bad!

And, (Gulp, mumble, mumble, sigh), I apologize for taking up your time, as I was wrong about the village type. My village producing pitch is a Highland village type, not a Marsh. So, I can understand why all 3 of my villages in the same parish have the same production values. I cannot say whether there is a production bonus for a Marsh type village or not as I do not have one. (Still makes absolutely no sense to have a production bonus for catapults in a SWAMP!)

However, the issue of the increased production in my Plains village type (which makes more sense IMO) (with all research and production buildings the same as the other parish) is still unexplained.
C_Whipple

Post by C_Whipple »

Double the amount, and I have the siege workshops in all my villages butted right up to the end of the stockpile for max production.
C_Whipple

Post by C_Whipple »

4.9 in plains, 2.7 elsewhere. And as I said, no Siege Engineers buildings built in either Parish.
C_Whipple

Post by C_Whipple »

Sorry for the post, I might have found out what the issue is. For one thing, I have just recently been placed into the office of Parish steward, and there was very little information about what guilds had been placed, upgraded, and deleted. I personally started a topic on the parish forum to update that information as soon as I took over. I am going to have to place guilds that show no flag cost in order to determine their completion level. The siege worker's guild is one of those. While I was confusing that with the Siege Engineers building which allows catapults to be purchased in the parish for the parish army, The workers guild has probably been upgraded in the past, then deleted without documenting that fact.

So, in the words of Rosann Rosannadanna, "Nevermind". :oops:

Return to “Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki”