Killing Pits

If there’s anything you’d like to contribute to the Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki you can let us know here.
Sooth Awful

Re: Killing Pits

Post by Sooth Awful »

I only use them - like David already said - in my sally forth path.
It's just a waste to use them elsewhere.
They inflict very little damage during a few seconds before the effect wears off.
However, they can be quite handy as extra defence.
The reason their damage is negligible is because otherwise people would only build killing pits in their castle.
"Hay un cierto placer en la locura, que solo el loco conoce."

Lt.Columbo

Post by Lt.Columbo »

as sooth and david stated..i also use them for the sally ports.other than that, waste of space. however i cannot answer all the other questions you asked since ive got no idea about ;)

one question though...has your name anything to do with the HC band minor thread?
if so, good to meet like minded people ;)
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0
Escadin

Post by Escadin »

I still want to know how much damage exactly like in % of an archer's HP or whatever. Since they last a few seconds, does that mean the damage will be applied multiple times if an attacks doesn't move? Give people the knowledge to decide on their own what is worthwile and what is not, or to create strategies which give alledgedly worthless stuff a point. ^^

@OP looks like we got to figure it all out by ourselves.

@Sooth Awful That is a poor justification. People would build their castles 100% out of moat but they can't due to a tile limit.
Escadin

Post by Escadin »

well 100% after deductions. At least I would build my parishes mostly out of moat. The thing is that moat is as equally resistant as great towers, while it is immune to cats which means I want to build as many moat tiles as possible.
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

I was watching a video, and when a peasant walked over a killing pit, he died. Dru wrote a peasant has 4 HP, this would mean;

Killing pit base damage = 4 = Peasant base HP
Using cards (x1.5, x2, x3) damage = 6, 8, 12.

Peasant/Archer Full HP: 8
Swordsmen Full HP: 24
Pikemen Full HP: 39

So (with no troops/keep firing on attackers) it would take two killing pits to kill an attacking peasant, or two pits to kill a swordsman using a x3 card.

A few ideas:

1. I agree with karaliuzudikas (that one pit should kill one unit). If you were to place them instead of the traditional design with towers, you could easily kill a 500 man army with no troops defending. Also, it would make sense to build them from wood.

Ofcourse, people would see this as overpowered, but it would only take a few peasant armies to clear it. However you could limit them so people don't build castles only from killing pits.

Then with the cards, they could be changed to make building them cheaper. they might cost 300 wood, then using a 3x card would make them cost only 100 each.

2. Changing them so they do the same damage, but with an added effect. This new effect would "paralyse" an enemy unit. If a wooden/iron spike went through your abdomen, you wouldn't be going anywhere fast.

So, enemy walks over pit, does some damage but they can't move anywhere and slowly "bleed out".
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

Guardian001 wrote:Those are not hp... they are seconds
The base HP for Peasant is accurate. I have reports of my keep shooting peasants, they take 4 hits from arrows. Assuming all arrows do the same damage, Peasants therefore have 4 HP.

If anyone wants to attack me on the USA2 server with an Archer, Pikemen, and Swordsmen (seperate attacks) then we can see for good how many arrows they take.
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

Guardian001 wrote:Maybe for peasants but the rest are seconds, so we can't judge killing pits effectiveness on other troops
No, the amount of arrows they can take;

Peasant 4
Archer 4
Pikeman 16
Swordsman 12

however if you have a peasant with 10% extra hp it will take 5 arrows. So lets say a peasant has 100 hp and with research it is 110, that means arrows will do 25 damage. So a killing pit does 4 arrows worth of damage initially.
(edit: I said 100 before. could be 1, 10, 100 or 200 hp, it still equals 4 arrows damage)
Last edited by PsychoticUK on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki”