It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Effects of the Labourer's Billet and Supply Depot 

Post Effects of the Labourer's Billet and Supply Depot
Is there a reason why the wiki doesn't mention by how much each building will increase/decrease the times? If it's due to the exact numbers not being known, a simple estimation would suffice. E.g 5~10%.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:54 am

Post Re: Effects of the Labourer's Billet and Supply Depot
Although the Wiki doesn't display the bonus building times...the actual village donation chart does. Whenever you donate goods/resources to a capital village structure it will show you the current level for the building, along with the current bonus gained and the bonus for the upgrade for the next level!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 pm

You didn't read do you? How do you upgrade Labourer's Billet and Supply Depot?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am

The Wiki doesn't mention this because we don't actually know ourselves. I have tested the Supply Depots a while ago and found that there isn't a linear increase in speed with every Supply Depot, but a regressing one. The more Supply Depots, the smaller the increase in speed with every new one. We don't know if we are at liberty to share the numbers, but I personally recommend to not build more than 8 or 9, as the speed difference for any further Supply Depots is less than 1% after the 9th Depot (and less than 5% after the 4th). If you have 9 Supply Depots, your armies will only take 10% of the initial time to reach the target.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Well, from what I've seen, each supply depot increases the BASE army speed by 100%. So 6 depots will be equivalent to a maxed forced march. 12 will be double that, 18 triple that.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:56 pm

As I said, the increase of speed a new supply depot gives decrease with every further supply depot.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:11 pm

I would want to know that too. Are you sure about the diminishing return? Any examples?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:24 pm

In the Second and subsequent ages the diminishing returns is more notable as armies are x2 faster.

Escadin wrote:
Any examples?

Like what? A list of times from point a to point b with x number of Supply Depots built in parish a?

ImageImage

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:20 am
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:
In the Second and subsequent ages the diminishing returns is more notable as armies are x2 faster.

That would mean the general armyspeed function would contain the diminishing return, which in turn would mean speed cards are also affected by this. O.o

DavidSpy wrote:
Like what? A list of times from point a to point b with x number of Supply Depots built in parish a?

[/quote]

I would have been content with a vague memory of his where he compared similiar locations and their traveltime while building up his capital but that would of course be even better.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Escadin wrote:
DavidSpy wrote:

That would mean the general armyspeed function would contain the diminishing return, which in turn would mean speed cards are also affected by this. O.o

I meant that since the armies are faster in the Second age that when your parish is slower it's more notable. Phrased it poorly I suspose, sorry for the confusion. Armyspeed research does not contain diminishing returns, in fact it's almost the exact opposite, the last couple of research points put into forced march give the major speed boost.

Escadin wrote:
DavidSpy wrote:

I would have been content with a vague memory of his where he compared similiar locations and their traveltime while building up his capital but that would of course be even better.

I'll try and compile such a list while building my parishes in World 5 but it will be some time.

ImageImage

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next