Actions taken against CP hacking?

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
WinNytHepOOh89

Actions taken against CP hacking?

Post by WinNytHepOOh89 »

Hello!

So after seeing the new post regarding CP hacks and other issues, I gotta say I am surprised in a positive way. Countless people in this game have been suffering from this issue massively in the last years, countless people left the game due to it, countless people tried to report about the issue, sometimes even with solid proof, without success....and it's safe to say that out of all the more commonly used hacks, the "basically unlimited CP" one has been the worst, overall leading to the biggest bullying and unfair gameplay situations.

But some important questions remain, that are not actually covered in Lord Elegance's post.

"We have blocked this exploit and it is no longer possible"

This defines for me the absolute minimum, that when you know of such a massive hack, that you prevent it from happening again. But what else is being done? Are the players who cheated absurd amounts of CP this way being banned? Or, another thing I would consider an absolute minimum, if you decide to not bann people that might not just have wasted a ton of money on hacked CP, but are decent crown buyers as well...are you at least resetting the affected players card points? As it appears to me right now, no banns are being done, and I would have to investigate yet if allready existing hacked CP got touched at all? So maybe instead of letting players investigate again and puzzleing together what is happening, a solid official reply in this direction can be posted?

What actions are being done, what actions are being discussed and considered, following the new knowledge that all these "rumours" about this huge hacking issue that your players tried to make you aware of SINCE YEARS, has now turned out to be true? What do you plan to offer to those players who never took part in this filthy hacking, but instead spent a ton of money on real crowns, to somehow try and keep up with the hackers?

Needless to say, the CP hacks were a big part of what made rogues so frikkin obnoxious and dangerous, sadly another topic that was never really touched, although it had and still has a massive impact on the gameplay of basically all servers. I hope you know that this game is suffering from these things massively, and that finally taking effective actions in these directions, would help a lot to make your honest players happy again.
DontBeaWuss

Re: Actions taken against CP hacking?

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Unfortunately, we will never know as we're not deemed worthy or intelligent enough to be told outcomes of any actions FF makes.
WinNytHepOOh89

Re: Actions taken against CP hacking?

Post by WinNytHepOOh89 »

I can clarify in the meantime that FF has taken no actions of any sort to remove the hacked CP from people's accounts. They are still free to use them to terrorize other players with their cheats. No banns took place either. Basically the only thing they did was cut off the supply routes, but they didn't empty the storages.

In the meantime a new hack website is up which extracts data directly from their servers and shows your online/offline status, activity and parish gold levels to a selected, invite-only audience who are paying for this neat little service.

Return to “Feedback”