Banning of players who cheat enquiry

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
DontBeaWuss

Banning of players who cheat enquiry

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Dear Firefly....

What are the time lengths of consequences for cheating in this game? - for instance, is there a table of "really bad" to "minor infraction" with corresponding lengths of ban to each type of cheating?

The reason I ask is surrounding your recent banning of players for cheating by using "bots" to their advantage. It seems that some players are having a 24hr ban.....tell me....what is the point of a 24hr ban? I mean, really?...24hrs for using cheat software against FF rules to the unfair advantage of players who don't cheat? If that is the case, what is the cheat criteria to get a longer or, even better, a permanent ban?.

Would be interested in getting an answer.
beer wench

Re: Banning of players who cheat enquiry

Post by beer wench »

DontBeaWuss wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:14 pm Dear Firefly....

What are the time lengths of consequences for cheating in this game? - for instance, is there a table of "really bad" to "minor infraction" with corresponding lengths of ban to each type of cheating?

The reason I ask is surrounding your recent banning of players for cheating by using "bots" to their advantage. It seems that some players are having a 24hr ban.....tell me....what is the point of a 24hr ban? I mean, really?...24hrs for using cheat software against FF rules to the unfair advantage of players who don't cheat? If that is the case, what is the cheat criteria to get a longer or, even better, a permanent ban?.

Would be interested in getting an answer.
i think :
perma ban is for monney (PP report or player don't spend monney on all account, or too many ticket)
24h is joke yes for say "hey, you see ...we ban bot player"
i see 3 d 7d when russian kidding in cg3

for the last, shk just need revo uninstaller and go play on a game with a support ..not only robot answer
Lord Hume

Post by Lord Hume »

in 7 years that I play stronghold it had never happened to me now I have been banned for the second time in a month for no reason, I regularly spend the money to buy firefly coins and when I write to the support they always answer me vaguely, I think the support has some mental problems ... I will not play anymore ... they have lost a customer and if possible I will spread the news on all social networks so that people know what is going on
Kadael

Post by Kadael »

Lord Hume wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:11 pm in 7 years that I play stronghold it had never happened to me now I have been banned for the second time in a month for no reason, I regularly spend the money to buy firefly coins and when I write to the support they always answer me vaguely, I think the support has some mental problems ... I will not play anymore ... they have lost a customer and if possible I will spread the news on all social networks so that people know what is going on
No need to copy/paste your posts, but maybe you shouldn't have broke whatever rules you did :)
former Firefly Site/Games Moderator : 2009-2012
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

I do not believe firefly ban people for no reason... They just don't want to admit to their friends that they were cheating or hope that somehow firefly would reverse their decision if they cry enough :lol:
Yoooooooooo
Lord Hume

Post by Lord Hume »

Lord Darko900 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:29 pm I do not believe firefly ban people for no reason... They just don't want to admit to their friends that they were cheating or hope that somehow firefly would reverse their decision if they cry enough :lol:
You're wrong
I have not violated anything and yes, I stay connected 24/24 because I stay in front of the PC 24/24 but I am an honest man and I don't use any bot.
LOOL my bot writes on the bulletin board 24/24, answer the players at 2:00am or at 2:00pm or at 5:00am or at 7:00pm or at the time you want. All players who know me know that I don't use any bots. LOOL my bot takes 2 months to be prince, very useful. LOOL my bot got razed its villages, mine is the best bot !!!. In fact, I am an experienced player, I do 200 world missions and I win many card packs, I make a golden castle every 24 hours and I win card packs, card points and so on, I take all the day cards but I supported this game. I play by spending money to buy firefly coins to buy tokens even if I don't need them. And why i have to use a bot? i play on welt6 and on mondo2 and i'm in pax in both worlds ...where is my goal?
Now my only thought is that inexperienced and frustrated players like you have reported my name as a bot user
I want to know what I violated and I don't want to have stupid answers like 'something you violated' or worse 'we don't know'.
here are some purchases that I made ... look at the different times and say me if i'm not right.
336 € 10.71 Paid 2020-04-10 14:17 PAYPAL
180 € 5.71 Paid 2020-01-25 19:47 PAYPAL
168 € 5.71 Paid 2019-11-02 12:53 PAYPAL
120 € 5.71 Paid 2019-10-12 13:18 PAYPAL
180 € 5.71 Paid 2019-06-01 09:29 PAYPAL
60 € 3.56 Paid 2015-11-21 23:11 PAYPAL
Kadael

Post by Kadael »

King big bro wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Lord Darko900 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:29 pm I do not believe firefly ban people for no reason... They just don't want to admit to their friends that they were cheating or hope that somehow firefly would reverse their decision if they cry enough :lol:
If that was so, why do they not a answers when they ask why!? Some are waiting for 4 weeks on a why...
Sadly online companies do not have to give a reason, they all reserve the right to close accounts they deem breaking the rules. It's then up to the player after to sort it out with them, should it be necessary.

Every online game has this. Annoying? Yes. If you've done nothing wrong, then yeah even more annoying. Been caught out? Hard luck.
Lord Hume

Post by Lord Hume »

I'm sorry but you're still wrong. any serious company always explains why their actions, if other non serious companies don't explain why, you're at their level
I would be happier if you said: we have applied point 7 of the Terms of use
FIREFLY CAN SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR WITHOUT REASONS, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE .
You have been unfortunate
Kadael

Post by Kadael »

Not all of them do no, Blizzard don't always as an example, EA/Bioware again also don't always, NCSoft sometimes don't even tell you, Cryptic are hit and miss, etc.

It's all in the fine print where they reserve the right to do as they wish, with anyones account.
The Silent Baron

Post by The Silent Baron »

The lack of reply and explanation fries many peoples brains. I understand that they simply use a catch all sentence, meaning they can basically turn off your account when they feel like it.

However i would expect peoples frustrations shortly to get the better and test whether FF can close an account without explanation and keep the invested crowns. . It would not cost much for example in an English small claims court. They would not even have to attend. Indeed the cost would be comparable to some players month spend on crowns, for many - less.

The argument would not then be could FF close the account but "can they keep the crowns invested or spent" without explanation. I think you will find that a refund of what is left in the account would be the very least of the outcome. I do not see anything that states they can confiscate your money without recourse. Thats called THEFT

So it would just make sense and customer service to answer peoples frustrations, surely. Or ban people and refund them there current balance, some may want all they have put in but i think the current balance of crowns and unused cards would be fair.

Return to “Feedback”