It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:52 am



Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Bring back the real SHK 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:44 am
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
jared0215 wrote:
Not everyone cared about the prizes at the end of the world. Most of us like myself just enjoyed playing the game. If I tolf the people I know that the prize changed back to normal that wouldnt even be close to enough to bring them back to the game.


While this is true, a good reason why era servers are usually super inactive within a few months of the map opening is because, the people who DO join the era maps (atleast, i would assume) don't stick around for long because the prizes are god awful and theres no reason to compete for them. If there was more incentive to declare war on the glory house and make a run for the gold spot I guarantee the maps would bring in more players. It might not entice more players from other maps who don't play era servers to join, but it would create more competition and have more players stay on 1 server (or so I would assume)

A lot of the action on new maps happens in eras 1 & 2, sometimes 3 but usually not. The only 2 Era servers I have seen that are still active past Era 2 are Europe 5 and USA 5. Increasing the prize pool would encourage more players to stay and further compete for the gold prizes.

EDIT: I realized after posting this that another reason era maps die out in the beginning is because the main group of players who join every era map (not saying names, but you know who I'm talking about) pretty much wreck everyone in the first era. I personally have no problems with that playstyle, and sure the people secure the victory of the map but most of the time everyone they declare on quit after the war. Increased prizes would hopefully encourage them to stay on the map and not leave immediately.

_________________
Take everything I say with full intention that I'm being sarcastic.


Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:06 pm
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
Personally, I wouldn't care if no end of Era or End of world prizes were rewarded at all. The reason I and most of my companions quit playing SHK have nothing to do with the rewards.

Simply put, I just don't enjoy playing under these Era rules.

The raze rank is too high as is the cost in honor, and absolutely no effort has been made to prevent or discourage Multi-account cheating.

Under the Age rules we could at least raze out alts quickly and inexpensively with a Knight razer, enabling us to maintain a balance. Now the honor cost to raze ANYONE is much too high and the alts run rampant without any limiting factors.

The cost for parish buildings is MUCH too high, both offensive and defensive. So what happens now is that any well built parish simply becomes a target for invaders, and once an invader controls those parishes that county falls very quickly because the remaining parishes don't have adequate offensive or defensive capabilities.

If there was one change to the rules that would help entice players like myself and my companions to return to SHK, it would be to LIMIT trading between villages to only your own villages and to those in your own faction and house. Also implementing a policy that requires that a player must be a member of that faction or house for 72 hours before their trading privileges with other players villages is enabled.

This one simple change would help prevent players who drop from a faction or house during wartime from continuing to aid and supply their former allies, and also help prevent much of the Multi-account cheating where a player uses those alts to feed weapons, trade goods and honor goods to their primary accounts villages.

Unless some major changes to the Rules are made then the continued decline of number of SHK players is sadly, easy to predict.

FF, please just admit that the ERA rules are a mistake, the continued loss of your SHK player base is ample evidence of that, and rather than just ignore this fact as you have in the past, make a concerted effort to repair the problems.


Last edited by WaywardChampion on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:00 pm
Posts: 160
Location: Don't stalk me pls
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
I agree with Beowulf

Era rules are very nice.

You don't need to raze an alt, you're crazy if you do that on Era.
Just adjust your strategy. Instead of razing, commit pillage, ransack & excom. That will leave the alt with nothing to do.
If you keep long range attacks on him, he can't even abandon his village. Let him spend big cards if he wants to do anything against you, that way he will get demotivated pretty quickly.

Parish costs are also OK. Just requires more cooperation with teammates, and forces you to attack other houses for flags / gold. This stimulates activity and war.

My experience is that Era worlds are much more interesting to play in.


The main problem with this game is cheats, alts and account-sharing.

_________________
Join me on Europe 5 or China 1
Scream to the devil that God is good


Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:06 pm
Posts: 109
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
King Phillip II wrote:
My experience is that Era worlds are much more interesting to play in.


And yet the Player base seems to have declined to less than 30% of what it was prior to the Era rules.

For myself and I would imagine for many others, its not about "Adjusting" to the Era rules, it is simply that we have tried these rules and have discovered that we no longer find any enjoyment with SHK under this set of rules and most of us have migrated to other games as a result.

If the resulting lack of any real competition makes a world more interesting then please feel free to farm forever in the broken game that remains.

Personally, I still see much potential in this game, but not as its rules are currently implemented.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:40 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:34 pm
Posts: 35
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
WaywardChampion wrote:

The raze rank is too high as is the cost in honor, and absolutely no effort has been made to prevent or discourage Multi-account cheating.

Under the Age rules we could at least raze out alts quickly and inexpensively with a Knight razer, enabling us to maintain a balance. Now the honor cost to raze ANYONE is much too high and the alts run rampant without any limiting factors.



Raze is now possible at rank earl.

I think raze cost and rank higher to be able to raze, , was made to PROTECT NEW PLAYERS from geting razed by bullys in this game. And get scared away from game.


we simply now farm at least 2 months, get to ranks prince and dukes and start fighting. No problems.

Thats why its good idea to be present farming on 3 maps.

Your point for alts is fair objection. But not to solve it with geting back a knight razer.



WaywardChampion wrote:
The cost for parish buildings is MUCH too high, both offensive and defensive. So what happens now is that any well built parish simply becomes a target for invaders, and once an invader controls those parishes that county falls very quickly because the remaining parishes don't have adequate offensive or defensive capabilities.



Also, defense stuff cost in parishes is lowered to normal. Anyone can make in parish balistas, tunelors.... And usually when organized factions come to area they demand from neutral stewards to build defenses as priority.

But i think it is not a bad idea if there are soft spots in countys, as concerning of defenses. Not all parishes have to be super strong. Its part of game. I hated on gc2 when we tryed to overthrow leading house of 1000 russians and they just tormented us with 500 fully built parishes. Then i realized how hard is and if only they wouldnt have them so many.


Attacking part is expensive and should stay. It makes factions work together to build few war parishes.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:34 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
BeowulfKing wrote:
WaywardChampion wrote:

The raze rank is too high as is the cost in honor, and absolutely no effort has been made to prevent or discourage Multi-account cheating.

Under the Age rules we could at least raze out alts quickly and inexpensively with a Knight razer, enabling us to maintain a balance. Now the honor cost to raze ANYONE is much too high and the alts run rampant without any limiting factors.



Raze is now possible at rank earl.

I think raze cost and rank higher to be able to raze, , was made to PROTECT NEW PLAYERS from geting razed by bullys in this game. And get scared away from game.


we simply now farm at least 2 months, get to ranks prince and dukes and start fighting. No problems.

Thats why its good idea to be present farming on 3 maps.

Your point for alts is fair objection. But not to solve it with geting back a knight razer.



WaywardChampion wrote:
The cost for parish buildings is MUCH too high, both offensive and defensive. So what happens now is that any well built parish simply becomes a target for invaders, and once an invader controls those parishes that county falls very quickly because the remaining parishes don't have adequate offensive or defensive capabilities.



Also, defense stuff cost in parishes is lowered to normal. Anyone can make in parish balistas, tunelors.... And usually when organized factions come to area they demand from neutral stewards to build defenses as priority.

But i think it is not a bad idea if there are soft spots in countys, as concerning of defenses. Not all parishes have to be super strong. Its part of game. I hated on gc2 when we tryed to overthrow leading house of 1000 russians and they just tormented us with 500 fully built parishes. Then i realized how hard is and if only they wouldnt have them so many.


Attacking part is expensive and should stay. It makes factions work together to build few war parishes.


Im still not understanding how you guys can defend the New Era Rules when the proof is literally in the map your playing! Ive NEVER seen a GC map so empty !


Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:34 pm
Posts: 15
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
OutlawMC wrote:
jared0215 wrote:
Not everyone cared about the prizes at the end of the world. Most of us like myself just enjoyed playing the game. If I tolf the people I know that the prize changed back to normal that wouldnt even be close to enough to bring them back to the game.


While this is true, a good reason why era servers are usually super inactive within a few months of the map opening is because, the people who DO join the era maps (atleast, i would assume) don't stick around for long because the prizes are god awful and theres no reason to compete for them. If there was more incentive to declare war on the glory house and make a run for the gold spot I guarantee the maps would bring in more players. It might not entice more players from other maps who don't play era servers to join, but it would create more competition and have more players stay on 1 server (or so I would assume)

A lot of the action on new maps happens in eras 1 & 2, sometimes 3 but usually not. The only 2 Era servers I have seen that are still active past Era 2 are Europe 5 and USA 5. Increasing the prize pool would encourage more players to stay and further compete for the gold prizes.

EDIT: I realized after posting this that another reason era maps die out in the beginning is because the main group of players who join every era map (not saying names, but you know who I'm talking about) pretty much wreck everyone in the first era. I personally have no problems with that playstyle, and sure the people secure the victory of the map but most of the time everyone they declare on quit after the war. Increased prizes would hopefully encourage them to stay on the map and not leave immediately.



I honestly believe the simple solution to solve all the SHK issues are
Reverting to old rules EXCEPT the Faith Point cap. That I would love to stay.
Bring back old prizes.
Stop putting out so many worlds. The put out China, Welt, DOM, and GC5 all so close to each other and now everyone spread so far out.

I agree that people dont stick around for the prizes. However Beowulf if saying that the prizes are the only issue and I disagree. Prizes wont bring new players in and it certainly wont bring old players back.


Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 pm
Posts: 589
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
jared0215 wrote:
I honestly believe the simple solution to solve all the SHK issues are
Reverting to old rules EXCEPT the Faith Point cap. That I would love to stay.
Bring back old prizes.
Stop putting out so many worlds. The put out China, Welt, DOM, and GC5 all so close to each other and now everyone spread so far out.

I agree that people dont stick around for the prizes. However Beowulf if saying that the prizes are the only issue and I disagree. Prizes wont bring new players in and it certainly wont bring old players back.


Especially given that it's primarily the same group of players getting the prizes on every server. :roll:

#P2W

_________________
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .


Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:44 am
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
jared0215 wrote:
Stop putting out so many worlds. The put out China, Welt, DOM, and GC5 all so close to each other and now everyone spread so far out.



I do agree with this, too many worlds being pumped out at once. Spreads the playerbase too thin and ends up making the server that are currently out even less active than they already are.

_________________
Take everything I say with full intention that I'm being sarcastic.


Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:00 pm
Posts: 160
Location: Don't stalk me pls
Reply with quote
Post Re: Bring back the real SHK
WaywardChampion wrote:
If the resulting lack of any real competition makes a world more interesting then please feel free to farm forever in the broken game that remains.

In the time that I was waiting on my Age map for a war to happen, I played 3 different ones on my Era map.

You can farm forever in Age, because there is no limit to faith points.

On Era, once you got 200k, there is not much use in any more farming, so you start looking for war again.

Not that hard to understand right? Farming for months makes more sense on Age.

Think about it; if you join an age map in a later stage, there is no way you can catch up with other players, who have MILLIONS of faith.

_________________
Join me on Europe 5 or China 1
Scream to the devil that God is good


Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.