Trade rank for glory

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Enlade

Trade rank for glory

Post by Enlade »

It might be an interesting feature to add where you can trade rank for glory. It can be restricted to rank over 30 or something and the trade in ratio can be minimal, but still strategic. It also plays into the meaning of rank. You rank up with honor, so why not allow people to spend some of that honor rank for glory points. Not enough to overwhelm the current system, but enough to be of effect. You may or may not want to disallow this feature in the final round, but up to the final round it might be fun to allow people to trade rank for glory. Just a thought.
Priest Guardian

Re: Trade rank for glory

Post by Priest Guardian »

My initial thought is any glory has been abused in the past via quests

I am not sure this idea would not support similar out comes with regards to alt accounts

Not likely to happen especially with the new rule set and everything being speeded up as is in current state with regards to glory
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Enlade

Post by Enlade »

It is not particularly susceptible to alt abuse. It takes a fair amount of effort to build an alt to rank 30+. And then they would need to put in more effort to continue to build rank that they could turn in (above 30 only). Toss in a slightly ineffective exchange rate and I don't think any alts will put the effort in. Right?

Besides, you could always make the exchange only for 50+ ranks if you think people have that much time to put into an alt account. But honestly, I don't see people working that hard for 30+ ranks.
Enlade

Post by Enlade »

It really does seem to me to be a good idea. Rank is really not very relevant, people do it mainly to just see how high they can get, or they become big LL players, but it is kind of useless above 30-40 or so, and most people in the multi-year games get there pretty quickly. So, rather than let rank become useless early on in the game, allowing it to be turned in for glory would keep rank relevant throughout the game. Seems alt proof and seems to keep rank a relevant pursuit, so might be good idea to consider it.

Return to “Feedback”