How are we supposed to play this game?

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
saad749

How are we supposed to play this game?

Post by saad749 »

I know this game has been around for years, I recently found on FB, that a Windows 10 version is available in the store. So I downloaded and started playing. Below is my review:

1. Understanding how the game works is very challenging. The advisors and Quests do a terrible job at getting a player started. The time for researches grow exponentially. Having a bad start to the game is bound to end in a very bad result.
- Suggestion: May be have some pathways to learn the game: Offensive, Defensive, Economy, Monks, Mixed, etc.
2. What Freaking Platform to play the game on?
- For more than a month, I had been playing on Android and Windows 10 Version, and never found an option for the Faction Forum!!
- I could have never guessed it is only available on the windows 7 Desktop version, until some one in the faction sent a screenshot. Moreover, The text in the mails in the Windows 10 version, cant be copied (and pasted in google translate). So if u have non-English faction members, there is no way to communicate from Android or Windows 10 version!
- The interface on Android and Windows 10 seems modern, and game play is smoother. It is freaking 90s style on the Windows 7 version!!
- Also, there is severe lack of uniformity in the availability of information on different versions. While I can see the number of scouts on Mobile/Windows 10 directly on map view, I cant on Windows 7 Desktop version.
3. While there is some strategy involved in early game, in offense and defense, the late stage game seems very stale.
- Adding different units, like macemen, crossbows, knights will be really good.
- Secondly, putting some kind of cap on the catapults will really give a bigger variety and realism to the game. At the very least, the cats should occupy atleast 10 army space, increased cost, to bring some diversity and team play.
4. Lastly, the build time and research time are horrendous. A much better strategy would be to have research time increase based on the level of research. Right now, its really stupid, how it works. Also the building times, should be based on the number of same type buildings in the village, or may be just static, like the castle building time. thats more realistic.
5. If you want the game worlds to last longer, you need to have more pro-defense options. right now, I feel its pretty skewed in the favor of offense!

I have played all versions of stronghold, although other than stronghold, stronghold crusader 1/2, the franchise have produced mostly BS games, I had expected a better result here, which has been running for many years, as there are already very few franchises that have the potential to provide quality experience in this genre. (Microsoft is doing an amazing job with AOE 2 HD).

I wanted to provide this feedback, so if FF is really interested in attracting more people, it needs to fix these very basic issues!
Priest Guardian

Re: How are we supposed to play this game?

Post by Priest Guardian »

I will only say that I hate the windows 10 version of this game that you can download from microsoft store . Maybe I am old school but find the original version / platform best. I go directly to Firefly Official page for my download

game speed goes hand in hand with the game mechanics. research and cards , both of which can speed everything up in this game and both which are key components of game play
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
saad749

Post by saad749 »

Priest Guardian wrote:I will only say that I hate the windows 10 version of this game that you can download from microsoft store . Maybe I am old school but find the original version / platform best. I go directly to Firefly Official page for my download

game speed goes hand in hand with the game mechanics. research and cards , both of which can speed everything up in this game and both which are key components of game play
I can understand about the game speed, and if these game mechanics are the core of the game. Although, I would like to see more information about this in the beginning tutorials/Advisors.

Tbh, I like the Windows 10 version (and the mobile version). I feel its much more smooth. but it lacks some very crucial features. Especially, when it comes to factions and messages. In the end, I have to switch between the versions, when I receive a email or have to go to the forums.
JustAnotherFarmer

Post by JustAnotherFarmer »

well im playing for 10 years already also and am using the version from fireflys website... everything works fine for me on windows 10

Return to “Feedback”