What SHK's does well

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Priest Guardian

What SHK's does well

Post by Priest Guardian »

This is a MMO and must attract such a player base

Research tree. Congrats Firefly you got this one right. An extensive research tree that is going to take an average player 1 year to complete

Visual villages growth on the map. We all want to see something for our hard work and watching that little nipple village grow to a grand size helps to keep us building. Maybe consider another development phase that shows a Grand castle with walls after so many structures have been built :!:

Politics. For whatever reason again Firefly stands alone in this area with a diverse political system which not only requires voting but encourages players to take it one step further and draft their own governing rules. Well done

Player options. Farmer / Warrior / Monker / Supplier choose how you will play. I would like to see some further development with static heroes upon joining a server where you pick the type of hero you want to be then create the avatar and depending on that choice get a very small bonus to that type of activity in the game

Micro transactions. EVERY MMO does this. Firefly could do so much more here with special avatar or shield bundles , if the last mentioned paragraph came to life then a micro transaction might allow you to switch your initial hero choice to another. This area is limitless and currently a missed revenue source

There is lots to add to this thread however I imagine if any players contribute it will be just negative. Thats what most choose to see after all
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
BeowulfKing

Re: What SHK's does well

Post by BeowulfKing »

King Phillip II wrote:I agree, this is a great game

But unfortunately overall it's community is very negative
not sure about the game so much anymore. Its started to lose lot of players. New world starts and is dead allready. No enthusiasm like before.

reason that the game is dying.
problem lies mostly in players, not in firefly like some would like to say.
Players dont want to learn to play game properly. and it is very simple game.
99.9% plays and fight for years and dont want to learn neccesary skills.
They impose their gameplay on others. and what they advocate is very boring for everyone.
Most of veteran fighters can raze only if player is offline, so they impose thinking "that players must be online alot of time to survive"
or wait enemy to get tired and lose faith so that razing can start...

they also impose that to raze heavy carded castle you need 10 timed armys. Which turns to be very costy and stops game for days until you recuperate. It kills the game for average joe and players who actually know how to play.
It is very far from truth. Usually you need 4 to 5 armys to raze max carded castle.

this players avoid wars after some time, even though they are seasoned fighters. because once war starts, their lack of skills makes them to fight for months staying online 15h a day. No wonder they just sit and farm most worlds because playing 10h a day minimum is not fun... that way killing the maps.
Other players get bored and leave game.
Cripper2

Post by Cripper2 »

It is a uniquely complex strategy mmo that i have spent more time playing than any other game.

The reason for the negativity is a feeling of disappointment that Firefly does not support the game with new gameplay features. As a bare minimum veteran players want new units, structures, technologies, quests, achievements and a decent in game chat/mail system.

Unless there are major changes i will stop playing this game when the legacy age worlds end. Firefly have been promising a new events system for at least three years
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

i disagree. I saw players of this game, i saw noob HM world winners and their officers.

when game becomes fun, that you want to be online all day... That is a healthy gameplay.
I have experienced it and teach others.

but when you dont know what you are doing then it is "you have to be online all day"
that makes game unhealthy and players start to quit.

players dont want to be under preasure to "must be online all day in war time".
it drains people to play fighting 2-3months and sleeping 4h a day in average.

and this is not neccesary. you can easily play with 3h a day and win battles.

skill comes first.
when player have skills, you can suround him in country with 5-6 newbie players which will support him and learn from him....he will keep all enemys in country(county) under preassure to be under id.
larsbagge

Post by larsbagge »

Need age rules, era rules kills the fun
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

King Phillip II wrote:
No. Age rules weren't perfect either.

What we need is something in between.
In age rules, there could be too many players in 1 house, but now in
era, there are too many players who can't join a house at all.

In age rules, the glory races went too slow, but now in era rules, they
go too fast in my opinion..

Of course there are also good things, like the faithpoint cap.

I hope FF learns from both rule sets, and creates something better.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
larsbagge

Post by larsbagge »

In fact we need multiple instead of this crap with trying to force oen set of rules, platform or strategy on players. If this game is going to survive FF need to appreciate (as does the rest of the world) that the player base is not uniform or one base. We need worlds with age rules, we got the stupid era rules maps which basically remove any chance for a low ranking player to kill evan an AI in the parish. So flexibiliy.

That is of course without addressing the real issue: Stronghold kingdom intends to resemble wath midevil age was about with many factions fighting (Samurai stile) other factions and fluid relations. As the game is after day 100 on every world you have two aliances fighting one another. Solve that issue and you have a game that may last, if not it is like what we see, attempts only.

Untill real changes made, bring forth flexibility = age rules, UK world
AnttheKing

Post by AnttheKing »

Certainly there are a lot of players who need to learn. It is soul destroying to hand -off a well built village and castle to a guy who does not ID it while repairing the capture hole so it gets razed easily.
Rules will never suit every one, personally I have got used to new Era rules, although there are things I might change slightly. Yes there are probably too many without a house, but most overcome this by putting house number in their faction name.
How one can stop alliances I do not know but it would open things up.
The one thing I do blame Firefly for is alt accounts, I have reported one guy for having 2 alt accounts, he actually posted it in a message to me, but nothing ever happened to stop him. At war with a faction is one thing and fun, at war with a faction and all their alts (some players) have a few, is not fun, and is slowly killing the game for me

Return to “Feedback”