Politics of Stronghold Kingdoms

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Priest Guardian

Politics of Stronghold Kingdoms

Post by Priest Guardian »

I personally have had the opportunity to hold all political office seats in this game. I came to the conclusion that only a very few can hold the highest seats of politics with the greatest success (I am not one of them)

Those positions require a great amount of diplomacy / game knowledge and wisdom. But above all those qualities perhaps you need a large amount of free time to do these tasks and put out fires. Being able to have good people under you helps also

I just received one of the most comprehensive server rules list made up by the governing leaders of that server I have ever seen. I am honored that such players above me put the time into this game that is required to be 'Great'

I will now share with you that rules list. I however am deleting specific player and faction names along with other sensitive information. But you will get some idea of how the politics might work on a server. Keep in mind every server is different and these rules have been drawn up by the player base. It in no way has anything to do with Firefly or did they ever suggest it be required

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Notes from FG Meeting - Please distribute to your factions.

Factions present: (list of deleted factions)

Decisions:
1. Activity checks are to be conducted every 30 days by each faction, with a summary result sent to the HM.
2. Factions are to decide within their faction as to what constitute inactive, but are expected to dismiss inactive members, plus any members who violate house/faction rules.
3. Factions may reassign parishes/counties before dismissing the member(s).
4. FG's must post in the FG thread those members who were dismissed for inactivity and those dismissed for issues.
a. Those members that are dismissed for inactivity may return to the game within H-? (one of our sister houses) until such time they warrant a promotion to H-?.
b. Those members dismissed for an issue from one faction may not rejoin H-? in another faction without approval from the HM first. The HM maintains a list of dismissed members at:
https://(web address here)
5. The FG's will distribute a copy of the House Rules to their members and to future new members
6. Members are reminded that scouting/monking or any other quest performed on another H-? member must be agreed to in advance.
7. While there is no prohibition on destroying rat and snake castles, it is common courtesy to help destroy a subsenquent wolf/pig castle that spawns as its replacement.
8. We are looking for members who could move some villages to (area of map here) to help with monking/attacks on H-? members still involved in the war there.
9. The house plans to stay together in Age ?. Only ? factions are allowed instead of ?, but there is enough room for all current teammates in those ? factions.
10. Sheriffs are expected to maintain control of their counties. This includes items such as flag raiding, amount of gold, castle walls/defense abilities, and parish steward owners.

Current House ? Rules:
Here is a reminder of house rules, this is carried into H-? as we are all former h-?. House rules/guideline Day ?/ Deutsche Version hinter der Englischen.
1. Attacking = (pillage/ransack/cap/raze/flag raiding/monks)
a. No house ? member can be attack by another house ? member unless declared inactive by the faction general or order by the HM.
b. Attacks on other houses can only happen if the house/faction has been sworded by a house decision or the HM him/herself
c. Attacks on neutrals cannot happen unless a 7 day activity check has been completed and must be kept as evidence. if the neutral player belong to a faction, the general of this faction must be involved in the thread of the activity check.
d. If agreement is made between player thread evidence must be available as proof of the agreement.
e. If we get attacked an instant punishment of the aggressor will be accepted.
2. Recruiting
a. Recruiting members from a sworded faction/house must be agreed by the house or HM
b. Recruiting a player who has been personally sworded is prohibited no unless agreed by house or HM
3. Personal deal
a. NO back door agreement can be made by any member of a house for such things as peace or keeping individual or factions safe
b. We fight decide and make peace as one house. The HM is also not allowed to make big decisions on peace and war without consulting house leadership first, unless there is no other option, in which case he/she must prove his decision is right for the house.
4. Mails
a. Any inappropriate mail is not allowed between house member we must respect each other whatever level each player contributes to house.
5. Vacation mode / play breaks
a. FG or HM should be informed for longer breaks
b. If a sheriff or a governor take a game break or go on vacation mode, he/she shall be take care for holiday, with a temporary replacement if possible.
c. If a steward/sheriff/governor is longer time away and cannot hand over his parish/county/province he/she shall set the tax to 0 and open the castle at front door bottom left
6. Counties
a. The sheriff of a county is authorized to carry out activity tests on all players in his/her county.
b. If a player becomes inactive, the sheriff should set the appropriate house or the players respective
c. The sheriff should provide general knowledge, secure flags and gold, or assign a new parish if a new steward if needed
d. Players who wish to settle in a county must have to introduce themselves to the sheriff of this county prior to moving into the county to secure the sheriff’s permission.
e. A sheriff or governor has to take care of his/her county or province. If he/she should not fulfill his/her duties, he/she must give up his position.

Current list of Sheriffs:

Current list of Rogues:

We maintain a TS server and a Discord server for communication. Both are free and members are highly encouraged to join.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Players in high seats of political office keep their players informed and a good amount of work goes into doing this. This is a side of the game that makes SHK's unique from other games like it
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
DontBeaWuss

Re: Politics of Stronghold Kingdoms

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Wow..excellent...wonder what server that is lol...I only know it's not GC3 or rotw :D
WaywardChampion

Re: Politics of Stronghold Kingdoms

Post by WaywardChampion »

Those last two rules would never work on any server that I have ever played.

I will never ask anyones permission to move or spawn into a county, and if I am not a member of that house then those rules are simply not applicable to me, since I had never agreed to them.

Rules like these are only valid by consent, and no place in these rules was an independent players consent given.

As such, its just a way for a house player to justify bullying an independent player, and I would never agree to that, even if I was a member of that house.

Return to “Feedback”