New Rule set... Still Sucks!

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
jared0215

New Rule set... Still Sucks!

Post by jared0215 »

Change everything back but the faith point cap. This is a war game and no one can fight because of the stupid * rules that made a bunch of people quit and ruined it for the rest of the people who want to stay. Thanks for the most pointless update ever made in video game history.

- Jared
SirZeke

Re: New Rule set... Still Sucks!

Post by SirZeke »

Agreed.

This is what happens when an MMO maker somehow thinks the game is still about them. If we wanted the game itself to be a PIA challenge then we could have just bought the original SH game and had more features. The point of this game is about the players community against each other. It's like the makers keep trying to say they want to be included too by adding PIA distractions.

They made parishes almost useless unless you were Day 1 players who rose to dominance fast enough to grab a ton of flags before other players could claim ownership of the rest of the parishes for a house. Now these select few manage to gather up dozens of flags a day for themselves while 90% of the rest of the stewards can't attack for starting a house war they are unable to resist.

Fix the effing flag thing. It blows chunks and isn't entertaining at all for most of the Day 10 and later players.

I'm stuck with two max pig castles with zero parish power to effect them. Use my own armies? Well, the AI castles hit several times a day and burn through any troop savings I try to accumulate to hit the castles. If you kill the castle you get a new one a day or two later because FF thinks AI castles should be a something you deal with almost daily on top of the siege camps. Weather? It always sucks with the rains. I'm playing in a Texas parish, not London. This game has more rain in Texas in a week than it gets in a year in real life. It's sunny almost every day in Texas. Why the heck do we even need weather other than to do a poor stab at "realism" and keep players from getting stronger?

The game just keeps screaming to pay more attention to it than what I'm here to actually do, play other players.

I have a great idea for the next version of SHK. Turn off the AI opposition and weather completely. Let the players play each other instead of trying to fool yourselves the game is a masterpiece. Even the best MMO games are poor copies of 2001 pc based games. They are popular for the interaction between players, not the game itself.

Try facilitating the players against each other instead of trying to distract them with irritating entropy.
Lord Alacrity

Re: New Rule set... Still Sucks!

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Just to update everyone, we are hoping to release an update tomorrow which will change all Era worlds to be closer to the Age system.

Return to “Feedback”