Players Claiming they get preferential treatment

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
MiladySkye

Players Claiming they get preferential treatment

Post by MiladySkye »

I've been told that a player, who was allegedly banned earlier today on W9 was openly bragging to multiple people (both in writing and verbally) that he has moderator friends who got his ban lifted within 6 hours.

I would like to hear from FF about this claim. This player is stating unequivocally that preferential treatment was given to him because he is friends with the moderators. If this is true, it shows that FF doesn't take violations as seriously as they claim. If it's a lie, then I'd say this player is causing substantial harm to FF's already struggling image and that these claims actually border on slander.

IF you can get chatty, make friends with a moderator and obtain info that most of us aren't entitled to when we issue complaints or can have the process expedited for removing a ban because of who you know, then this game is far worse than broken, it's corrupt to the core.

I've also been told that when a player is determined to be in violation of the TOS and is banned that they aren't necessarily kicked from the server . . . which means that a player could potentially ride out the length of the ban while playing online, simply by not signing out. Is that true?

If FF doesn't change the way it deals with cheaters, hackers and exploiters and refuses to make the penalty for violations more strict and effective, then it is complicit in allowing the rampant cheating to continue. And in that case, it deserves to lose its player base and go bankrupt.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: Players Claiming they get preferential treatment

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

If what that players says is true then the game is toast. If it is not true then that player should be permanently banned - if he isn't then the game is toast.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Stories like this have circulated since Day 1 of World 1 and yet I am always surprised as how ready and willing players are to believe that their mortal enemy is telling them the 100% honest truth. :)

During the Alpha and Beta, we had an active group of volunteer moderators who assisted us with answering general questions on the forums and in the in-game chat. During the Alpha and Beta moderators had the ability to issue warnings for offensive language and remove disruptive players from chat. They have never had access to any information about other players. In short: no player on your game world has any ability which you do not have.

Over time various changes to the game have made the role of moderator unnecessary and we no longer recruit new moderators. The only moderator from the Beta who I still see active on the forum is David Spy.

Disinformation and deceit are tactics that players often use to manipulate their enemies, because as this case illustrates, they are quite effective, sometimes even against veteran players. Another story being told is "We heard Player XYZ bought 50k cardpoints from a Russian hacker for $35" and it is impossible to fight against him, my whole faction will quit unless he is banned!" When one little lie will get rid of a whole faction of your enemies, who even needs card points?! :P Player XYZ was able to achieve with one lie, what he probably couldn't have done in 1000 attacks. He has demoralized and intimidated his enemy.

To be clear: If someone sends you a mail and claims to be an admin or a moderator, report it. If someone sends you a mail and says they can get you "cheap crowns and cardpoints", report it. Those types of messages cross the line.

But we can't police what is said in a TS or Ventrilo or Discord. Your enemy could come in and tell you he is actually Mr. Firefly, he owns the studio, he has infinity billion crowns and will have the admins ban anyone who looks at him funny. You will need to use your own critical thinking skills to evaluate if this person is being honest with you and what their motivations might be.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

MiladySkye wrote: If FF doesn't change the way it deals with cheaters, hackers and exploiters and refuses to make the penalty for violations more strict and effective, then it is complicit in allowing the rampant cheating to continue. And in that case, it deserves to lose its player base and go bankrupt.
We've always dealt the same way with cheater, hackers, and exploiters, the account is permanently banned. I'm not sure what stricter measures you think would be more effective?
MiladySkye wrote:IF you can get chatty, make friends with a moderator and obtain info that most of us aren't entitled to
As previously explained, this simply isn't how the system works. We don't currently have moderators on the game worlds. When we had moderators, they didn't have any access to any info that you don't have access to.

There's also no process for removing a ban, so you can't expedite something that doesn't exist. Once an account is permanently banned, that's it. It is never going to be unbanned. The only people who know if an account is banned are the admin who banned it (which in 99% of cases is me, so I get a kick out of hearing about my corrupt underlings who take bribes!) and the player(s) with the login details to the account.
Omar_Hawk

Post by Omar_Hawk »

We don't currently have moderators on the game worlds.
So, all the people with a bright green nickname here in the board are actually only board moderators (e.g. Arakgon)?
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Omar_Hawk wrote:
We don't currently have moderators on the game worlds.
So, all the people with a bright green nickname here in the board are actually only board moderators (e.g. Arakgon)?
The green name indicates a board moderator, yes. They do not have any special powers on any game world as a result of this.

In the past, when we had volunteer moderators, they had the ability to mute disruptive players or remove offensive posts. While this was helpful during the Alpha and Beta when we had less Support staff, for a variety of reasons, it is no longer needed.

Any player who claims they can find something out or get a ban lifted or get someone banned because they have some sort of "special relationship" with the administrators or developers is lying to you. Any player who tells you they have some advantageous power on the game worlds that you do not, is lying to you.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

MiladySkye wrote:I've been told that a player, who was allegedly banned earlier today
Once again, there's no way for any other player to know if a particular player is banned or not.

I've unlocked this topic, but I'm not sure what else I can say. I can't give you details about other players.

My best advice is not to believe everything that your enemies would like you to believe about them.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
MiladySkye wrote:I've been told that a player, who was allegedly banned earlier today
Once again, there's no way for any other player to know if a particular player is banned or not.

I've unlocked this topic, but I'm not sure what else I can say. I can't give you details about other players.

My best advice is not to believe everything that your enemies would like you to believe about them.
Thanks for the feedback - sounds reasonable to me and I accept what you say.
chewitt

Post by chewitt »

Erm, the card point hacks are real, very real.

I haven't done it myself for obvious reasons, but I have in game FRIENDS and HOUSE MATES that have!

I've seen the proof, I've seen what it allows people to do and Firefly just seem to brush it under the carpet.

Maybe one day you'll listen, until then the game will continue to be broken and un-fair.
chewitt

Post by chewitt »

This is what I mean.

My friend who sent you via a ticket showing you his 100k card points and the communication with he Russian showing proof of purchase. I have said to David Spy that I am willing to set up a voip meeting with my friends that have purchased it to talk you through how you buy them.

Short of me buying them and being out of pocket what do you want us to do?

Promise me to give me my money back and I will SHOW YOU how easy it is to buy card points. Until Firefly believes in the long term player base then why should we continue to play the game when you are simply not listening to us.

It is possible to buy card points, it is possible to buy pre-made accounts.

And speaking out about this is on the same level as smashing my head against a wall currently.

Return to “Feedback”