Players Claiming they get preferential treatment

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
chewitt

Re: Players Claiming they get preferential treatment

Post by chewitt »

Look into to the account of Unoriginal, now called Banned21012018a HE bought them twice, look at how much he spent, what other worlds he played and how many card points he has and decide if those card points are from farming one treasure castle a day.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

chewitt wrote: you are simply not listening to us.

And speaking out about this is on the same level as smashing my head against a wall currently.

I feel the same way. :) Let me be clear: no one can put card points on your account. If they did, I would know.
chewitt wrote:look at how much he spent, what other worlds he played and how many card points he has and decide if those card points are from...
I know you don't believe me, but I've done this. :)

Since this is the first time that selling accounts has been mentioned, let me just add that this is another excellent way to get scammed out of your money. I have no doubt that you know a guy who knows a guy who could maybe set up a meeting with a guy, but once again, this is just another fantastic recipe to get scammed or conned. Depending on how you choose to communicate with them, they might even get some of your personal information too.

You don't need to take my word for it, here's a great read: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/ ... -Accounts-

From Riot Games, since I couldn't have said it better myself:
Account Selling FAQ
SHOULD I BUY AN ACCOUNT FROM AN INTERNET STRANGER WHO WILL MOST CERTAINLY CHEAT ME OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY?
No. You should buy Teemo skins card packs instead.

BUT I KNOW A GUY! HE IS TRUSTWORTHY! SHOULD I BUY AN ACCOUNT FROM HIM?
Everything you know about him is a carefully fabricated lie designed to gain your trust.

MY FRIEND BOUGHT HIS ACCOUNT AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS...
While not every case of account selling is fraudulent but 99% are, you are still putting your trust in a stranger over the internet to not scam you.

DOES THAT MEAN THAT I SHOULD BUY AN ACCOUNT?
NO!
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

DavidSpy wrote:On a couple of occasions (probably twice a year at most) I have mentioned to the admins that I didn't think a given player broke the rules or that a player felt their support ticket was being overlooked or something to that extent but I never was given the results of any action taken by the admins on the information I provided. I've also never seen any sort of misconduct from the other moderators in the group I was part of.
So, basically you were able to "put in a good word for someone", even if you were never informed of the results or told if your input had any bearing on the outcome. I know in my previous jobs, if someone that I had respect for offered an opinion one way or another about an individual, it would certainly influence my decision-making process (even sub-consciously) and, therefore, potentially sway the result.

But I appreciate you being honest here. I'm sure that the majority of moderators and admins are decent and fair people who wouldn't use their positions to advance the agenda of cheaters. But, as we all know, there are some people who are willing to go out on a limb for a friend for any number of reasons. It happens all the time. It only takes one corrupt person to ruin the reputation of many.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
Omar_Hawk wrote:
We don't currently have moderators on the game worlds.
So, all the people with a bright green nickname here in the board are actually only board moderators (e.g. Arakgon)?
The green name indicates a board moderator, yes. They do not have any special powers on any game world as a result of this.

In the past, when we had volunteer moderators, they had the ability to mute disruptive players or remove offensive posts. While this was helpful during the Alpha and Beta when we had less Support staff, for a variety of reasons, it is no longer needed.

Any player who claims they can find something out or get a ban lifted or get someone banned because they have some sort of "special relationship" with the administrators or developers is lying to you. Any player who tells you they have some advantageous power on the game worlds that you do not, is lying to you.
That's all I wanted, was a statement from some representative from FF saying very clearly that this player is lying, so those who hear him makes these claims that he is lying to their faces.
chewitt

Post by chewitt »

Unreal.

So I tell you that I'd buy the card points just to prove a point that you're game is wide open.

And you reply "I would know". You don't, I have played with friends who bought them, I saw it, so have hundreds of other people...

YOUR GAME IS BUSTED SO FAR OPEN AND YOU'RE REFUSING TO BELIEVE IT POSSIBLE. YOU'RE A SMALL GAME COMPANY WITH LIMITED SECURITY NOT NASA!
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

chewitt wrote:Unreal.

So I tell you that I'd buy the card points just to prove a point that you're game is wide open.
You're free to do as you'd like with your money, but once again, let me assure you that this is a scam and you will lose your money and get nothing in return. I'm very ready and willing to be proven wrong, but I obviously can't give you the money to do it. If you can find ANYTHING, seriously anything at all that proves me wrong I would LOVE to look at it. Tell me how it works and I'll try it myself. So far out of the hundreds of reports from outraged players, no one has been able to provide anything more concrete than "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend." So far none of the players who have been accused have been found to have any card points that they didn't earn.
chewitt wrote:And you reply "I would know". You don't, I have played with friends who bought them, I saw it, so have hundreds of other people...
I do know. :) I'm not a player like yourself, I'm not a forum moderator, I'm an administrator. I work for Firefly Studios in the US office, I can see how many card points a player has and how they got them. If that won't convince you, then I'm afraid nothing will.

Ask yourself: Why would we want to ignore a serious exploit that is allowing players to bypass the purchase system? We wouldn't.

Once again, I know that no system is perfect and if there is an exploit, I am eager and willing to hear about it.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
chewitt wrote:Unreal.

You're free to do as you'd like with your money, but once again, let me assure you that this is a scam and you will lose your money and get nothing in return. I'm very ready and willing to be proven wrong, but I obviously can't give you the money to do it. If you can find ANYTHING, seriously anything at all that proves me wrong I would LOVE to look at it. Tell me how it works and I'll try it myself. So far out of the hundreds of reports from outraged players, no one has been able to provide anything more concrete than "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend." So far none of the players who have been accused have been found to have any card points that they didn't earn.
chewitt wrote:And you reply "I would know". You don't, I have played with friends who bought them, I saw it, so have hundreds of other people...
I do know. :) I'm not a player like yourself, I'm not a forum moderator, I'm an administrator. I work for Firefly Studios in the US office, I can see how many card points a player has and how they got them. If that won't convince you, then I'm afraid nothing will.

Ask yourself: Why would we want to ignore a serious exploit that is allowing players to bypass the purchase system? We wouldn't.

Once again, I know that no system is perfect and if there is an exploit, I am eager and willing to hear about it.
So if one of the players were to show FF how it's being done (because they've already done it themselves) is there any assurance that will FF agree not to ban that player and will also agree to protect said player by not publishing their name or letting that information out to the general public?
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Sure, we'd welcome any information and naturally we don't ban players for bringing bugs or exploits to our attention. They should submit a ticket to Support.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Lord Alacrity wrote:Sure, we'd welcome any information and naturally we don't ban players for bringing bugs or exploits to our attention. They should submit a ticket to Support.
Thanks. :-)

Does FF have an ethical hacker charter/policy? If so, can you tell me where I might get/find that information?
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Lord Alacrity wrote: There's also no process for removing a ban, so you can't expedite something that doesn't exist. Once an account is permanently banned, that's it. It is never going to be unbanned. The only people who know if an account is banned are the admin who banned it (which in 99% of cases is me, so I get a kick out of hearing about my corrupt underlings who take bribes!) and the player(s) with the login details to the account.
Best reply ever :) You really went above and beyond the call of duty on this thread by taking the time and patience to reply as much as you have. well done :)

On that note of buying card points? Yes I have heard that same rumor and yes was from a friend who knew a guy (Russian) who could do this for him thru pay pal . I look at it this way, players know that I buy lots of crowns from Firefly when I play so when I hear of alternative methods of acquiring crowns/cards/card points I just assume they are trying to take my money and get me banned. So I have never nor will ever try such a offer if not offered by Firefly themselves

All those too good to be true offers smell of scam to me, oh and I will also mention that I have never seen any actual proof either of these claims. Brings me back to the posts you see from time to time about being able to transfer gold between players as a good idea. At least Firefly never traveled down that road, Thankyou
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

Return to “Feedback”