Coming Changes to Era System on all Worlds

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Lord Alacrity

Re: Coming Changes to Era System on all Worlds

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Please explain to me the down side of 240 player factions in the first year of a server's life.
I'm not quite sure about that solution or what is being proposed. Factions consisting of 240 players? Do we change the sizes after day 365 of the world? That won't work (technical issues) and doesn't take the glory rounds or Eras into account.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I want to know, from a design perspective, what are the negative implications of a 240 player house in 12 factions of 20 players each?

I lived through the 2nd AGE version which was 20 factions of 20 players each. This lead to a brief period where 400 players (virtually all the power positions) were in a single dominant house.
Further AGEs reduced the number of players per faction and the number of factions per house.

At issue is during a new server launch, where player counts in excess of 8,000 are not uncommon, there is a stifling effect when only 2000 players can join a house.

Based on some comments you have made concerning the difficulty of performing an AGE rollover where all players are dropped from factions and all factions are removed from houses, it appears to me that you are placing house/faction/players limits based on concerns for later ages. While I agree that 240 players per house is a problem at the end of the server life, it is required at the onset of the server launch.

I believe you are responding to the symptom (player apathy in late server cycles leads to very low active player counts and the ability of placing all the power players in a single non-competitive house) rather than addressing the cause (lack of player participation in early server cycles leads to player apathy and low server populations.)

I think that the typical player "yearns" to have a current sense of entertainments/accomplishment and potential sense of competitiveness to remain active on a server.

But the element that actually keeps player on the server is a sense of community with players they have met on the server and interact with on a daily basis. And to accommodate this you need to have players in factions in a house so they maintain a sense of identity.

So, once again, explain to me the reasons you do not want 20 players per faction x 12 factions per house = 240 player communities during the first ERA?

- Deke
Death Boltz

Post by Death Boltz »

The point that Deke is trying to make is, the most entertaining part of this game is the House politics on a given server. With very limited house populations most players in high population/new server worlds are prevented from being part of this.

I have been playing this game for years and have villages on two new era worlds. My player experience on both worlds has been sub par due to the fact that I am prevented from being part of a house. In fact I am not even part of a faction due to the limited faction size. This isolates players even more.

With no sense of community and no faction or house backing the isolated players just become cannon fodder. I had a parish for a while in GC3 only to be used as a flag farm until a house player came and took the Parish. I am not sure why I continue to play, with no ability to build defensive castle structures I have already been reset once.
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

I know your secret firefly ;-) C++ is not complex you know-
Houses {
number = 21
PlayerHouses{
number =20
factionsPerHouse{
PlayersPerFaction{
}
}
}
if i remember correctly, in one file, somewere- why dont you LET ME LOOK AT IT
oh yeah, i have to have a college degree i forgot, and i have to prove that i know how to read code... oh and i have to pander and be as effing pumped as you about money coming in that i dont earn...

your as fake as the game is, and you have ruined everyones fun in the first world- you know why we leave after age one? BECAUSE THERE ISNT ROOM FOR US IN HOUSES DUMB ******** so we hop on to the next fun ride
2000 people for the entire world- sounds like an Illuminati conspiracy- now 4800, that was easier to handle but still not "fair" because there was no way for the other 13000 to make their mark in GC1, so they left

FAULTY PROGRAMMING

england 4800 = good

USA 4800 = OK

GLOBAL 4800*2 = OK

be Ways of History, listen to your main fan base (me, and the others talking) not the ones who throw money into your pockets, you know there is only like 300 of those players right? 300 out of 4000 loyal players, who all pay what they can, and 8000 who cant or wont pay anymore because you burnt us but we like the game NOT YOU ALL

STOP SMILING IN YOUR VIDEOS, SAY SORRY; BE SORRY! get your act together * its not hard to program
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

5 factions in house with 20 members is perfect,faith point limit 200 k is perfect,but where are is update?I mean less flags,raze from earl? Still nothing
DekeYoungAtlanta

On CG-3 it is day 73 and there are 8,586 players on the server.

843 are ranked Earl or higher which is only 9%
1,488 are ranked Viscount or higher which is 17%

And there are 258 factions that do not have a House.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Lord Alacrity wrote:Just to update everyone, we currently plan on releasing these changes along with an update to the client within the next week or so.
The message above was from February 8th, which was 11 days ago.

I am sitting on flags waiting for the update and reduced parish building costs.

Firefly held a flash sale on crowns last weekend, which is usually a precursor to a new world launch.

Any update on the "update"?

- Deke
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

My apologies, unfortunately we've had to delay the changes to the Era system due to some production difficulties with the Mac client. The changes will require that we update ALL client versions, this means PC, Mac, iOS, and Android. As announced, we have a new Mac client in the works and as soon as it is ready, we will be able to release the changes to the Era system. I'm hoping that this will be possible within the next two weeks.

We currently have an update for mobile due to be released tomorrow which contains some critical fixes for mobile clients.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:I want to know, from a design perspective, what are the negative implications of a 240 player house in 12 factions of 20 players each?

So, once again, explain to me the reasons you do not want 20 players per faction x 12 factions per house = 240 player communities during the first ERA?

- Deke
The reason is that we need to keep the houses and faction sizes consistent through all Eras. We can't adjust the sizes per Era like we did with the Ages, because it would require server downtime and disbanding factions and houses. Those are two things players liked the least about the Ages and it is sustainable for us from a production standpoint.
Valhallas

Post by Valhallas »

Lord Alacrity wrote:

We currently have an update for mobile due to be released tomorrow which contains some critical fixes for mobile clients.
Does this include the fix for influence county votes with monks?? And if so

Are we going to get compensated for all the loss of faith points due to the display bug of faith points when doing Interdiction and also will we get compensated for having to waste our faith to monk parishes when we could have just monked the county?

With all the bugs and critical issues we have been facing, especially when we spend heavy money on mobile servers, I really do believe we deserve some sort of compensation!

Return to “Feedback”