Coming Changes to Era System on all Worlds

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: Coming Changes to Era System on all Worlds

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:I want to know, from a design perspective, what are the negative implications of a 240 player house in 12 factions of 20 players each?

So, once again, explain to me the reasons you do not want 20 players per faction x 12 factions per house = 240 player communities during the first ERA?

- Deke
The reason is that we need to keep the houses and faction sizes consistent through all Eras. We can't adjust the sizes per Era like we did with the Ages, because it would require server downtime and disbanding factions and houses. Those are two things players liked the least about the Ages and it is sustainable for us from a production standpoint.
So the choice is too few players get to join a house in the early ERAs or too many players combine into a single house in later ERAs?

Based on the total domination displayed on EU-4 and USA-4 I would say you don't have to worry about the late ERAs as none of them have been competitive.

It would be much better to have 240 (or even 400) player houses in the early ERAs to prevent total domination when the off server player blocks lock down 15 of the 20 houses by day 3.

Otherwise you might as well cap the server population at 4000 if only a maximum of 2,000 are going to be able to join a house. Players that can't join on launch day are doomed to being irrelevant bystanders.

Global Conflict 3 is on day 77 and has not been contested in the last month. 262 factions do not have a house. 15 or more of the houses are controlled by 3 or 4 player blocks. The player count is 8,499 right now. Only 114 players can raze. Global Conflict 3 has been called a lot of things, but I have never heard anyone describe it as "fun".

- Deke
sayhello

Post by sayhello »

Only promises, no updates had been made in GK3 is not the most interesting server I've played. And I understand that more servers will be the same. If nothing changes I will leave the game in the near future in other games where developers improve the game, and do not kill it all interest :cry: :cry:
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

yes ,only promises ,one more week,and no any changes as promised:(((((.
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

+1 one more week and still nothing.....
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

dear admin! when? :)))) All players waiting for updates
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Imuks76 wrote:yes ,only promises ,one more week,and no any changes as promised:(((((.
I'm not promising you anything. :) However, I'm happy to keep everyone updated on our progress.

Currently we are hoping to have all the game clients ready for the era changes within the next two weeks. We have new worlds that we'd like to launch this year and we'd like to be sure that we have the Era changes in the game before then.
tokestrong

Post by tokestrong »

Can I suggest that FF issue a new world, Uk 10 with Age rules to start with then whatever world with ERA and which ever ERA rules, then again a map with the Age rules, etc., so that those of us who may continue playing but only with Age rules get a world worth playing? I only play EAR worlds to get cards
Greyson-Mactire

Post by Greyson-Mactire »

I'd like a world going back to basics with no glory, k thnx bye, have a beautiful time.
Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed!
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

And how about silver prizes in eras worlds? It is still for top 5 houses?
AnotherSmith

Post by AnotherSmith »

I have a suggestion for a new version of the game.

1. Separate the map from other views, so players with 2 monitors can attack (& time) at the same time.
2. Start with Age 1 rules, except:
  • a. 40 houses instead of 20, same size limits as before of 20 per faction and 12 factions
    b. First 4 glory rounds remove 3 houses instead of 2
    c. Subsequent glory rounds remove 2 houses until last 2 houses, then 1 more round
    d. No victory lap round
    e. Require 30% ownership to hold counties & above
    f. Add Military School (level 1 limit)
    g. Limit Faith to 2 million - 200K is too low, when there are wars going on with lots of villages, it goes too quickly. A limit of 2M prevents endless monk wars
3. When you go to Age 2 and further
  • a. Don't disband houses / factions, but reduce faction limit by 2 players, with automatic dropping of last 2 players if still at old limit
    b. Increase glory earning capabilities for banqueting by 50%
    c. Allow players to add 5 more villages
    d. Add 1 village charter slot to each parish
    e. Allow guilds to be increased by 5 levels and deleted, retaining abilities, except military school, which you limit to 1 more level per age
    f. Reset markets, but do not delete parish walls, buildings, gold, nor flags
    g. Increase army/monk/scout speed by 50%
    h. Increase honor from attacking A.I. by 50%
    i. Double Glory Gained
    j. Allow weapon sales
    k. 50% increase in stashes, treasure castles, and paladians
    l. Don't increase factions as in Age 2 before, don't decrease factions in subsequent ages - let teams stay together and not force them to reform, but reduce the number in the faction
    m. Limit glory rounds to 1 million
4. When you get to Age 7
  • a. Eliminate the towers, force the team to win it.
    b. Play the normal glory rounds, but everything is going faster anyway, more glory, more villages, faster armies, faster monks, faster scouts.
    c. There will be a limit of 13 per faction
    d. Players can hold 55 villages (increasing glory by 5 million per village once you get to CP-19)
    e. Use the original prizes, not the reduced prizes. Give players a reason to want to play and contest a world, not finish and quit.
    f. Give modest prizes for the winners of each category on the Leaderboard. The players look at it, brag about it, give them some packs for their effort

What does this accomplish
  • 1. Teams can stay together and not reform
    2. Blocks can't steal houses away from junior players on age changes, just because they are on-line when the age resets
    3. There are 40 houses, so 800 players can get in a house on Day 1, but only 320 by Age 7. (Currently, the silver houses usually have free spots)
    4. Banqueting glory gradually increases to 4.9 M in Age 7, not the sudden jump as now
    5. Players can hold up to 55 villages
    6. There are more village slots
    7. Honor goods won't get overlooked after Age 1 because you keep the banquet guilds and can increase their production. You do have to swap the buildings in/out to raise levels, don't increase the size of the parish
    8. Honor rounds are faster, worlds are faster
    9. Don't worry about whether the players cheat, the ones that do will find a way regardless. If you don't drastically reduce the houses and allow more to exist, nor force them to reform, players will stick together, hang out in TS, Discord, and/or Skype, and enjoy the game better.
What does SHK do to improve the game? Since you "borrowed" much of the game from the Roman game, use their idea. Create the ability to actually control the armies within the attack, have an attack interface with 2 levels: 1 against the computer if the attacked player doesn't want to fight, and 2, player against player if they want to fight. Once an attack is launched and past the retrieval stage, have a pop-up show up to both players asking them if they want to fight. If you spend the time in the attack screen, give the player the ability to do better than the standard attack; don't change the standard attack since not all will want to go into attack mode, or if there is a huge war going on, there won't be the time.

Return to “Feedback”