A new world with new gameplay Suggestion! *LONG READ*

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
GriffMaster

A new world with new gameplay Suggestion! *LONG READ*

Post by GriffMaster »

Diplomacy and Money/research World. Call it.. "Rise of the Merchants"? Or something.

INTRO

I wanted to make several things apparent in this new worldmode idea.

The first thing is researches - I believe it's wrong that at high ranks you can have basically everything researched and be the best at everything. A world where everyone has a weakness and strengths is far more interesting and will encourage teamwork at ALL levels.

The second thing is diplomacy - I believe this game is far far too simple, despite yearssss for the developers to add more features. Have a look at the bottom of the page for "Special Diplo Abilities". This will add so much to the game. You will have merc factions, you can bribe houses to war, you can make peace and trade more than just land and parishes for peace.

The third thing is money - I believe that money/gold should definitely have more use! In this mode, those with the most money will get ahead, money is influence, money is power. There are more ways to get money, through diplomacy, war, and parishes!

WHY FIREFLY should do this world if it proves popular? It will balance the game more, increased features and interaction will bring players back! Increased interaction and features means more reasons for war. Increase balance means more competition which means more cards are used and more wars will be waged. Increased diplomacy means more ways to backstab and win. Reduced research points from honour rank ups means late game is still exciting because there'll always be something you can improve.

Village changes –
Spoiler! :
Extreme Bribe – 70 popularity (Double the bribe cost of a Large bribe tho)
Markets are cheaper! Transporting goods takes half the time!
Rank Changes –
Spoiler! :
Rank ups after Alderman now only yield 1 research point per subrank
Rank ups at Prince do not yield any research points
Research Changes –
Spoiler! :
???? Research Point Buy Cost Reduced by *%* and Increase Cost reduced by *%* - CHANGE TO SUIT A GOOD BALANCE ????
New Tech: Honourable Ruler – Get a percentage of parish Trade Income from capitals that you control! (maximum research 90%)
New Tech: Tax Mongrel - Get a percentage more tax from your villages. (max research 200%)
Removed Tech: Philosophy research is disabled.
Monk Changes -
Spoiler! :
Monks are now corrupt and require a substantial payment to do your will!
Churches and cathedrals cost money to maintain. Badly maintained worship places will negatively affect your popularity and half the fp production.
^ (these changes will stop alt sleeper monk accounts in their tracks)

Parish ID cost is same as the cost of IDing the rank of the person who holds it. Parish ID is reset if parish changes steward.
Parish/Capital Changes
Spoiler! :
Tax rate in parishes and capitals now have higher levels.
New function: Stewards of parish, county, and country can use Corruption and take a percentage of the stored gold, max ability based on pillaging rank. Using the Corruption function,
there is a chance that a proclaimination is sent to all taxpayers of that town saying you’ve stolen from their taxes! This chance gets higher if you steal a higher percentage
Faction Changes
Spoiler! :
Factions now have gold storage, member taxation, and special DIPLO abilities with other factions and houses.
Factions in houses do not have ANY special DIPLO abilities. The house the faction is in controls the diplomacy.
Factions joining a house lose all current diplo contracts that they had with other factions and houses. They will not get paid for Merc.
House Changes
Spoiler! :
Houses have gold storage and faction taxation, and special DIPLO abilities with other houses and houseless factions.
SPECIAL Diplo ABILITIES
The Leader / Marshal selects an option, adds gold to offer and sends the offer to another house / party. Offers have 3 days to be accepted. ALL Offers can be accepted, declined, or counter-offered.
Spoiler! :
- PEACE OFFER : Leader / Marshal can offer stored up gold to a house / faction in return for peace for a set number of days. – Neither house can attack each other for a period of time.

- MERC OFFER : Leader / Marshal can offer gold to a house/faction in return for them setting enemy on another house / faction and carrying out an agreed number of captures / razes to be paid.
- ALLIANCE OFFER: Leader / Marshal can offer gold to a house/faction in return for an ALLIANCE. ENEMIES of both houses/factions are set both. Allies cannot attack each other.

- (HOUSE ONLY) BLOCKADE: EVERYONE Allowed / Only ALLIES – When set “Only Aliies”, enemies cannot trade in house controlled parishes. Neutrals can trade regardless of this option -
as long as they haven't been blacklisted.

- SHAKEDOWN: Leader / Marshal can DEMAND gold from a house/faction in return for them not attacking. If demand is accepted, house/faction cannot attack the house/faction

- BLACKLIST: Leaders can submit names to the blacklist, these players will appear to house/faction members as a black sword on their villages on the map, blacklisted players cannot
trade in house controlled parishes. (This is to help curb powerful rogue players)

- MEMBER PAYMENT: Obviously all this is no good if the money gained cannot be used or taken out of houses / factions. To prevent abuse, payments are global to all members of a house or faction, and payments have 1 a week limit. Leaders get first pick percentage.

House: Marshal gets 10%, Faction leaders in a house get 3% each. The rest is then split between all members (including the leaders/marshal).
Faction: Leader gets 10%, Officers get 5%. The rest is then split between all members (including the leader/officers).
HOUSE AND FACTION: Member Taxation
House: Factions are taxed a percentage of their stored gold.
Faction: Members are taxed a percentage of their stored gold – max 25%
Tributes: Members can tribute gold to their faction,
Anyway suggestions / edits and comments are very welcome!!
Priest Guardian

Re: A new world with new gameplay Suggestion! *LONG READ*

Post by Priest Guardian »

First let me say I did not read all your suggestions

But one caught my eye

research points and the decreasing of them upon a certain rank (alderman I think you suggested)

Currently it takes a Carder (carder being someone who spends $100 if not $1000 on game cards) to achieve ALL research completed in 1 full year

my thought is 1 year is long enough to complete this task on average without increasing the time to take to complete research by decreasing the amount of research points gained per rank
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Gozitan

Re: A new world with new gameplay Suggestion! *LONG READ*

Post by Gozitan »

I really like your suggestions. I would like to add something with yours... I heard that by time later in game, a faction cannot hold the same amount of members as many as from the start, for example from 20 members capacity, it goes down to only 10 members capacity. And also heard that a House from 5 factions goes down to 3? Not sure though.

I don't think it is a good idea to force your friends to kick you out later in game simply because of space... that is a little harsh after all that work you did to help your faction. What I suggest is that it will be the opposite by increasing the faction space later in game, but if it is not possible, then at least it will hold the same amount of player later in game.

When space of a faction is decreased, what will all those players who got our from the faction will do? They might lose interest or even stop playing!

I believe that a lot of players stop playing this game because of this, unfortunately, and that I heard this, I already feel sad and pushed back... I wish firefly fix it..

Return to “Feedback”