Ideas to help retain player base

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
SirRock

Ideas to help retain player base

Post by SirRock »

I have some ideas that I think would help keep people playing (and paying for) the game. I have played SHK for a long time and I've come to the conclusion that, as it stands, SHK is too stressful and time-consuming for the average person unless they are just a passive neutral farmer. Every new world I have played I've seen people leave in droves after a few weeks or months. The thing is that my idea would involve changes to the current card set. So, my question to FF is... Is the card system that you have absolutely set in stone, or would you be open to the idea of modifying it if it would keep more active, paying players (more $$$) in the game?
Lt.Columbo

Re: Ideas to help retain player base

Post by Lt.Columbo »

FF will never ever change anything regarding carding.its their main source of income, selling crowns.

subscription based servers have been asked for for ages and they wont even hear it. the truth is unless you are really addicted to the game (which i was) you will have people leaving the game in troves after spending a little time and figuring out what SHK really is. a cash cow. sure you can grind your way through but you will never really keep up with peeps that are willing to dump alot of money into the game. dont get me wrong, iam not saying its wrong to spend money for your hobby,iam collecting fancy handmade longbows since thats mine and they do cost alot handcrafted. what iam saying is its imbalanced and geared towards players that spend money on a constant basis.

the other thing is SHK gets stale very fast unless you involve yourself with the community,join up in a house and start fighting or get into the salty diplomacy that tends to happen on every server. with the new rules changes even that aspect has been locked behind a pay wall since the only fun thing in this game is fighting wars.

i still "maintain" one village on GC1,saying maintain i mean having a nipple up dropping some research and collecting my free cards daily.that is for whenever iam getting desperate enough to come back to have milked the game for as long as possible as i wont spend one single dime on this game anymore.

its a real shame because the game has a great base going for it, fun wars,diplomacy (although dominated by big ego's usually) and land to conquer but the unwillingness of fixing bugs, come up with new ideas or simply bring up the game to a modern standard hold it down. not to speak of the F2P elements and the new rule set.

but by any means, drop your ideas.perhaps there can be a discussions held and FF takes some of the ideas. i doubt it though because people have suggested to implement all sorts of new mechanics for years.

LTC
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0
SirRock

Post by SirRock »

I agree with most of your points, but I didn't mean to say that cards should be eliminated completely. My ideas would involve dropping certain cards and adding certain others. Also, I wouldn't think FF would want to implement these changes across all worlds. I understand that they make a lot of money from heavy carders, and they could keep worlds that attract that type of player. The changes that I'm thinking about would attract and retain more mid-level paying players that can't be online 20 hours a day.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

So what are you thinking?
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
SirRock

Post by SirRock »

Wilksy wrote:So what are you thinking?
I'm not talking about dramatic changes to gameplay, but the intent would be to make the game not so brutal. Villages could still be lost, but not as quickly and easily when the defender is offline. Also, while the cards would still be very powerful, they would not be a substitute for actually playing the game. There would be some changes that make offline defense at least possible. I also have some ideas to encourage premium token use (I know FF has to pay the bills). I really don't feel like typing out all the details if there's zero chance of them ever getting implemented. My ideas wouldn't make any sense with the current card set, hence my original question which I'm starting to wonder if FF will even answer.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

But if you never type them out, they'll never read them and the chances of them being implemented are zero?
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
SirRock

Post by SirRock »

Wilksy wrote:But if you never type them out, they'll never read them and the chances of them being implemented are zero?
It appears that the chances are zero since, apparently, FF won't even answer my question about cards.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I think if your sitting on a gem of an idea which wont hit fireflys pockets they would consider it.

It depends on the impact it has financially I would assume, I do think they need to start listening and maybe have some sort of proper communications with FF i.e get long serving active members of the game to talk about there ideas and the cons of the new era system or even explain why FF think its good idea about new era rules.

The game is great but it seems FF dont care a great deal about keeping the loyal players happy and open up world after world creating some good but alot of shi* rules which will stop people playing, i really dont see myself playing any new worlds unless my whole sneaky family join it.

Return to “Feedback”