Europe 4 and New Rule Set....Stinks!

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Lord Alacrity

Re: Europe 4 and New Rule Set....Stinks!

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We do indeed read these and just as in the past we're willing to make adjustments to certain elements in response to player feedback.

While I do read these and try to note down the major points, if someone wants to compile a comprehensive list of the major critiques as well as a few suggestions for potential changes that would be a big help.
GhilleVeteran00

Post by GhilleVeteran00 »

Why not stick to most of the Age rule sets but just make the glory rounds a little faster? Most players get bored after the First Age due to everything moving so slow.

I think the faith point cap is good, to an extent. On the wiki it still doesn't talk about what will happen in the later ages. Say I go to war in the fourth age, 40 villages, and I only have 200k fp? That's two days of I.D. if I can't stare at my screen 24/7

Some players enjoy the fast paced action and heavy carding of the start of a server. Some of us like to stick with a world until the very end, that takes years. The average player can't fight a war on a moments notice, so the faith point cap makes it really hard.

If a player wants to compete on a server in the later stages, they should've taken the time to farm. It isn't hard to plant all your villages in one parish and farm fp.

Maybe first Age(Era) the fp cap can be used, but it should be increased heavily as the Eras go on.

I think the voting is fine. Stops peasants from stealing parishes that are loaded and turning into a duke in an hour.

RAZEING SHOULD GO BACK TO KNIGHT, OR AT LEAST VISCOUNT. Seriously. If you want to even have a chance in the first age you're going to have to drop some cash to make the honor to fight a war.

And what's up with the poor rewards for sticking with an Era world? 1k card ponits, 100 cards, and a token? And that's if you're in the top house LOL. Top 5 house lands you a whole 20 cards, 500 card points, and a 7 day token.
Kill all 150 towers? Congrats. Hope you spent some peasant cards and x6s to get no victory prize.

Want to be neutral? P*ss off, you don't get anything.
--STORM--

Post by --STORM-- »

This new cutting of faction numbers has resulted in factions splitting up and forming several allied factions which in turn require places in houses. The cutting of house numbers has doubled the impact of this meaning fewer real term faction groups can get into a house. This, in turn, means that fewer players actually get to participate in the house glory runs which in turn has created an apathy towards participation.
Now you have handed over a new playing style to the early carders and heavy alters - simply grab as many houses as possible at the start of a server and effectively cut out opposition - then put a simple holding crew of 12 players split between two factions in the house - alts preferably that can quickly restart when reset and hey presto you only have to take out one weak house at a time - feed in some placeholders and win the server by the fact that real opposition just cannot get into a house. Dont believe it ? then have a look at Europe4.

This scenario has killed the game so i suggest that you immediately reset the house numbers and faction numbers and make it automatic that when a house drops below 50 players at the end of a day it resets ie boots remaining factions and opens up to a whole new ownership.

Stop umming and arrring and do it quickly before your player and indeed payer base disbands to other platforms.
Cripper2

Post by Cripper2 »

Basically i would suggest sticking to the age one ruleset with a few changes. Active competitive worlds dont need great prizes people will play for the fun/torture of it just look at age 1 gc1

(a) Faith point cap at 250k is a good idea
(b) increased rank before you can vote will help a little with alts
(c) 40 people per faction but keep the lower number of factions per house. Maybe more houses than 20
(d) allow people to raze before prince but not allowed to raze people below the rank at which they can vote in parish elections
(e) lower honour cost for razing players who are a member of a house
(f) need to get rid of the x4+ attack cards

end the world after age 1
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

So I wonder if FF will change rules for next world, I have to be honest th enew rules will not make me play another world, I am usualy the guy who plays everywrold but after trying eu4, I wont play another with these current rules.

I was thinking more along the lines of starting with rules similar to age 4 quicker scouts, armies, weapons stashes, just somehting that speeds the game up a bit, also in age 1 yo do need more then 5 factions per house at 20 members, maybe 7 factions at 40 members for age 1 then reduce it as the ages go on and people stop playing.

I do like the fp cap rule but it will need to change as the ID goes up and shi* like that you can burn through alot of fp the more villages you hold, in a normal age 1 though I like the fp cap, I also like how you cant raze at prince but think it should be reduced to maybe Earl or Marquis so wars can start off a little quicker as this only delays wars early on when only handful of people can raze.
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

meatball2k wrote:So I wonder if FF will change rules for next world, I have to be honest th enew rules will not make me play another world, I am usualy the guy who plays everywrold but after trying eu4, I wont play another with these current rules.

I was thinking more along the lines of starting with rules similar to age 4 quicker scouts, armies, weapons stashes, just somehting that speeds the game up a bit, also in age 1 yo do need more then 5 factions per house at 20 members, maybe 7 factions at 40 members for age 1 then reduce it as the ages go on and people stop playing.

I do like the fp cap rule but it will need to change as the ID goes up and shi* like that you can burn through alot of fp the more villages you hold, in a normal age 1 though I like the fp cap, I also like how you cant raze at prince but think it should be reduced to maybe Earl or Marquis so wars can start off a little quicker as this only delays wars early on when only handful of people can raze.
good ideas - esp the faster speed ideas - atm I like the heretic world (only for the card points etc gained). Domination world was good because it was fast and limited life. All other worlds get very boring to me.
greenwitch

Post by greenwitch »

Prince to raze needs to be taken back to knight.

Hey Esoteric , meetball been awhile
andracoz

Post by andracoz »

Yea new era sucks , fast glory, slow rules if a house grabs the flags and noone stops them it gives them a huge advantage. Getting hundreds of flags to make a parish is outright boring. Give us something more violent and fun.
tokestrong

Post by tokestrong »

New rules stinks period
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

In response to player feedback we have made the following changes which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=35276

Return to “Feedback”