New worlds tipes

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Fire Fry

Re: New worlds tipes

Post by Fire Fry »

I'll be honest if you can't take the time to format your posts

I can't see anyone taking the time to read them.
TVasi

Post by TVasi »

What do you mean?
Fire Fry

Post by Fire Fry »

You previous post is one long run on sentence, that becomes a vast wall of words.

1. Point one, description
2. Point two, good reasoning here
3. Point three, ?
4. Point four, $$$
TVasi

Post by TVasi »

Ok. I do understand now. Thanks.
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

if you have never played stronghold PC games then go play them- then you can talk to them about what is wrong with kingdoms
TVasi

Post by TVasi »

I have another crazy idea. Maybe it will remain just an indea, but maybe not. So, here it is:

What if we forget everything about parishes, countys, provinces and countrys as we know it and build them ourselves? How? Like this...

At the start of a world the map is empty. The map itself is divided in small squares, as pixels, al same size. Everyone who want a village chooses a square where to start and what tipe of village to be. If he whants a bigger village he buys, later, more squares, around the first one or further.

Now, if to players have villages to close, they need to understand on the map pixels (squares) or fight for them.

When two, or more players decide to ally, they choose one village to be the parish, and the parish village recieves automatic some bonuses (as biger army spase, new tipes of building, same as an old parish). And every village that adds itself to a parish village have the bonuses of that parish.

Now folows castle structure: everything in the pixel can be filled/builded, as pixels (like in the old castle), with anything. You can have an undefended village with a lot of space for production, or a heavyly defended castle with just few buildings as deposits. Or, few players (or villages) decide to unite the defensive struncture to surround all villages with just one circle (or any form, as a border) of defence.

In this way even dozens of villages can build one circle of defence that does not let enything let through, or filter what to pass and what not, as a custom house were you pay tribute.

If the map is pixeled then everything that moves, or stay, on the map can be intercepted. A player, or more, can make a defence, or a border, just by troops stationating in line on map.

Now, if more parish villages decides to unite, administrative, their territory becomes a county, more countys become a province, and more provinces become a country. Every level gives acces to new buildings, new bonuses to capital village, and new borders to defend or let open... like in real world.

Players can decide to become bandits, or help to grow they region by joining to a parish, county, province, country.

I like this. I hope that you like it to and firefly team make them real in game.
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

that would be a whole new game my friend, but it is a really good idea for a multiplayer game, and you could even make it have more detail by having a small area you could explore or already established AI like the pig or the wolf and you have to fight them to gain land at first then you move up into multiplayer... i think im going to go map out my vision you gave me with your idea and see if i cant make a super simple game in a few months with it
PsychoticUK

Post by PsychoticUK »

What I'd like to see is a Domination-style world open permanently, and follow the Age/Era system.

I won't bore you with too much detail, but a world where we can rank up faster, armies are faster etc.

Also where newbies/reset players can grow quicker, like x2 build speed on first village or something.

For example if a newbie spawns and see they must spent $1000 to compete, they won't pay in. But if they see they can do some damage with $5, they will be more tempted = more money for Firefly.

Also lets the whales spend big bucks fighting against the horde of newbies.

Also decreasing house size, e.g.
Age 1 - 10x40 = 400
age 2 - 10x30 = 300
age 3 - 10x20 = 200
age 4 - 5x20 = 100
age 5 - 4x20 = 80
age 6 - 3x20 = 60
age 7 - 3x10 = 30

Return to “Feedback”