DISEASE - POINTLESS

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
KingJbone

DISEASE - POINTLESS

Post by KingJbone »

Can something be done about disease? I mean seriously, I get that its a hot commodity when servers start up, but after awhile you just get constantly flooded with it.... its only purpose is to complete quests, after which its totally pointless other than to force me to click through each parish and the hit same buttons over and over and over, day after day, to make it go away.

When server activity isn't in the age 1 prime anymore, disease scale doesn't account for this. by age 3, (and some servers in age 2) you have so many diseased parishes in your county that yours will hit 200 disease in what feels like less than 24 hours... and no one is going to spend 5 hours cleaning every parish anywhere near them only to have them all filled with disease 3 days later

AI is annoying, but at least theres some kind of game to be had in removing it/dealing with it. you set up attacks, watch reports, and get honor for it. fine. But disease? the honor rewards are totally pointless, removing it is as boring as watching paint dry. its not gaming, its torture.

This is one of the things that makes people lose patience for this game- any normal person starts to lose it after having to do CHORES on a GAME, i.e. painfully clearing 30+ parishes of their daily disease while crying tears of boredom

PLEASE SCALE BACK OR GET RID OF THE STUPID DISEASE MECHANIC. IT WAS A STUPID IDEA TO HAVE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE

(your requirement for people to spend SO much time on this game even on days when they cant afford to play for long, for 365 days a year, IS MAKING PEOPLE QUIT. Even for people who can play hardcore for 10 months out of the year, the 2 months they cant, stupid pointless things like diseases makes keeping yourself maintained a total pain in the *.)
Lord Darko900

Re: DISEASE - POINTLESS

Post by Lord Darko900 »

Pueo wrote: working as intended, move along
Can you not ?
Yoooooooooo
KingJbone

Post by KingJbone »

wow I'm sure glad you know everything Pueo, everything is solved then.

Removing a game mechanic doesn't take THAT much time. not nearly what is spent creating one- the least they could do is adjust the values so disease doesn't run so wild in low activity worlds.

and yes, its part of the overall reason people leave. Having to play when they don't want to. Disease is definitely a factor in that.

If you don't like the idea, how about you move on, instead of coming in here multiple times just to act like your opinion is supreme
KingJbone

Post by KingJbone »

Pueo wrote:If you think disease is where they need to waste developer time you clearly have not been playing this game for more than a hot second.
ok, wheres your suggestions then? I'm sure they are the best ever.
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

The disease is an element of interest for the game. But, it comes way too frequently.

The high frequency of the disease is very annoying, and diminishes the enjoyment of the game.

The same is true for Enemy Siege Camps. Far too frequent.
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

OK so here is a solution they prolly intended to have from day one the "Gong Pit" and the "Falconer" from Stronghold 2
bring them into the game at let's say, um... Rank 15, and have the adjustable effect rate before that from 1-14, and if you have them built in your village each building will lower disease by 1 every hour and give you a +10 popularity and +20 honor bonus and they could cost 15000 stone and wood to build at max tools .... and lets throw in 20000 gold too
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Disease is a pain.

However what about the newbies who join a developed server and have to scramble around to find disease to complete quests etc. These individuals deserve the opportunity to 'catch up'.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields

Return to “Feedback”