Creepy mechanics

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
OverraSh

Creepy mechanics

Post by OverraSh »

Hi, I've played in alpha, beta and I started to play again and some game mechanics are still creepy .

1.) The most important problem (in my opinion) its about castle design . The need of dozens of towers to really defend yourself in case of PvP . also all that space that you must defend or you can get pillaged very easy. It's like "one directon" road, everybody must sing the same song again and again, can't actually build a nice castle like we used to in past Stronghold series.

2.) Another problem it's about archers shooting through walls, *?

3.) Village graphics . Stronghold (1) had an epic graphic content, it gives a real medieval ambience, its purely cool. SHK it's flat. A very annoying green , no terrain leveled (no hills, no mountains) , trees are just a jpeg attached to the background .

4.) Can't trade gold . A lot of players could really join in war for their faction / house / friends by sponsoring it. I have over 1.500.000 gold on europe 1 (I play mostly as a farmer) and was quite hard to help them just by trading resources.

5.) Parishes has nothing to do with any Stronghold. It's like someone drops buildings inside a wall and thats it. I've seen browser strategy games which have more interesting building system.

6.) No open field fights. You can see how your friend its attacked and enemy troops are just moving around your village on the map but can't do nothing. Really? This could make SHK unique among strategy medieval games.

I'm quite a fan of FireFly Studios and Stronghold series but it's quite ugly when I see a video, a well made promotion video of some new content (epic castles btw :) ) . 50% it's false. You can't build a nice castle, you must put towers to defend the keep from catapults.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: Creepy mechanics

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

If the attacker has 5 captains with Tactics he is going to take your village, it's just a matter of how hard they are going to work for it.

If the attacker is a Wolf/Pig/Snake/Rat/Siege castle, even the basic defense will be strong enough to hold the village for a week.
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

Feed the beast
Last edited by Hezikiah II on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

OverraSh wrote:Hi, I've played in alpha, beta and I started to play again and some game mechanics are still creepy .

1.) The most important problem (in my opinion) its about castle design . The need of dozens of towers to really defend yourself in case of PvP . also all that space that you must defend or you can get pillaged very easy. It's like "one directon" road, everybody must sing the same song again and again, can't actually build a nice castle like we used to in past Stronghold series.

2.) Another problem it's about archers shooting through walls, *?

3.) Village graphics . Stronghold (1) had an epic graphic content, it gives a real medieval ambience, its purely cool. SHK it's flat. A very annoying green , no terrain leveled (no hills, no mountains) , trees are just a jpeg attached to the background .

4.) Can't trade gold . A lot of players could really join in war for their faction / house / friends by sponsoring it. I have over 1.500.000 gold on europe 1 (I play mostly as a farmer) and was quite hard to help them just by trading resources.

5.) Parishes has nothing to do with any Stronghold. It's like someone drops buildings inside a wall and thats it. I've seen browser strategy games which have more interesting building system.

6.) No open field fights. You can see how your friend its attacked and enemy troops are just moving around your village on the map but can't do nothing. Really? This could make SHK unique among strategy medieval games.

I'm quite a fan of FireFly Studios and Stronghold series but it's quite ugly when I see a video, a well made promotion video of some new content (epic castles btw :) ) . 50% it's false. You can't build a nice castle, you must put towers to defend the keep from catapults.
1) I build my castles the same way in Stronghold Crusader II, lots of Great Towers for the archers to pick off arriving enemies
3) How intensive should the graphics be if this is going to be a mobile / cross platform game?
4)No, NO, No and just no. This would totally corrupt game play
5) umm, you can build castles for the parish capitals?
6) Your troops will engage the attacking enemy in the open fields surrounding the castle you just need to have your Pikeman/Swordsman available and placed to do so
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Hezikiah II

Post by Hezikiah II »

PG your the eternal dork as always- love you <3

Return to “Feedback”