Feedback on New World Types

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.

I think the Domination world sounds:

Exciting!
53%
Frightening!
16%
Not sure.
31%

Total votes: 215

SirRock

Re: Feedback on New World Types

Post by SirRock » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 am

I have an idea for a new world type... A European map that isn't dominated by farming alt-questers.

metroman

Post by metroman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 am

PsychoticUK wrote:A lot of people who played Domination liked the fast pace settings, however the limit of 60 or 100 days was too short and the winner was determined early on.

This world would not have a time limit, but would instead be like the First Age, so instead of a House getting one star and the world closing, the House would have to eliminate all other Houses. With limited players in each House, glory would need to be buffed but still keep the 1 million points mark. Also thrown in some 4th Age changes to the mix.

new features:

x4 glory produced per capital (parish, county, province & country)
x3 army/scout speed
up to 40 villages (or 50...)
allow bombards

recurring features:

no interdiction
3 Factions per House, with 20 members each
Able to attack faction members
x2 village slots
x2 honour for banquets
x3 flag spawn rate
up to x50 parish tithe
based on Anglo-Saxon map
and so on...

Also for a change of scenery, an idea for an East Asia map:

It could have 6 countries; China, Japan, Mongolia, Korea plus ancient countries like Manchuria and Tibet.

Not going into too much detail, just a general idea.
china-map.png

Add the Phillipines as an active country then I'm there. Just add Clark AB and Mt. Pinatubo!

Bglizard

Post by Bglizard » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:38 pm

I want a world everything is normal except you can only use ONE card a day... Pick carefully LOL

Pretty much every time parish votes reset you are allowed to use another card. Treasure castles will still spawn normally as will other card giving quests you just can't use them if you've already used your daily amount of cards

I think this would even the playing field between carders and non carders If 1 card is too few perhaps increase it up to 1-5 a day

AuKhan

Post by AuKhan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:35 am

King of the hill would be great.

But, any world with a short life span is a waste of time.
No time to properly develop your kingdom.

J0205

Post by J0205 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:36 am

lol, what is this game if not a KOTH game type?
you take and hold land for glory
How can that not be KOTH?
(King Of The Hill)
-J

lord slayer61

Post by lord slayer61 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:34 am

I haven't read all the posts here yet so idk if someone has posted this yet, but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a Full World Map with a majority of the countries in the world added?

We already have all of Europe as a map and we have the USA, so why not go all out and make a proper world map with all 7 continents in it?

i'm not a dev so i can only guess at how hard it would be to make, but if you did pull off a map were everyone from all over the world can fight for the country they live in then your gonna get alot of people playing ;)

narnar

Post by narnar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 am

Probably going to be a scaling problem. Countries like UK would be 2-3 parishes if USA would be like 150 and Russia 300. Let's remember that new maps won't really be larger, they just have a different scaling.

The only really decent way this would work is to make each continent a country. At best most countries (real map) would be counties (game map) except the larger ones that would be provinces like russia, china, canada, usa, brazil.

lord slayer61

Post by lord slayer61 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:40 am

narnar wrote:Probably going to be a scaling problem. Countries like UK would be 2-3 parishes if USA would be like 150 and Russia 300. Let's remember that new maps won't really be larger, they just have a different scaling.

The only really decent way this would work is to make each continent a country. At best most countries (real map) would be counties (game map) except the larger ones that would be provinces like russia, china, canada, usa, brazil.
FF are allowed to think outside the box if their gonna make a map that has every continent then they can change the games rules abit, i don't care if the scaling is off abit or if they devide the map up into sections, i wouldn't care if i had to load up a section of the world individually, i'd be more focused on my own area if i couldn't see the rest of the map without having to load it up

150 parishes for USA is thinking real small, i wanna see thousands of American's playing to try and fight for control of country

Although to achieve this, FF would actually have to advertise the game

narnar

Post by narnar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:54 pm

But that would only work as long as no other server ever show up. People say EU1 is the biggest map, sure but only with like 800 parishes more than a UK map. The map itself doesn't look to be that much larger.

The important part is to know how many will actually play on the new world. Yes EU1 was like the first server to ever get locked down and reach 35k accounts, but not all 35k actually played. What is the point of making a map large enough to fit 100k accounts when only 10k will play? That will result in the map to be very empty. The biggest flaw for the domination worlds in my opinion is the size there is not enough players for a map of this size. And the last thing this game needs is to pump out new worlds that are going to suffer from the same flaws that we already have.

FC_Groningen

Post by FC_Groningen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 pm

But you can't predict how many people will join a world from the start in most cases. To me, it was a surprise only that little people joined the second domination world and I don't think anyone could see it coming considering Domination 1 was that much popular. It's a shame; No interdiction and no glory quests and a quickened game was a great way to play. Next world should have domination rules if you ask me.

Return to “Feedback”