Feedback on New World Types

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.

I think the Domination world sounds:

Exciting!
52%
Frightening!
17%
Not sure.
31%

Total votes: 218

Lord Alacrity

Feedback on New World Types

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We have just announced a new "Domination" type world which is currently in testing on our development servers which will bring a whole new type of game to Stronghold Kingdoms. We'd like to get some feedback from players regarding this world and other special ruleset worlds they'd like to see in the future. (Please note that these changes will NOT effect existing worlds.)

Some of the changes currently being tested:
Interdiction has been removed. The skill cannot be researched or used.
Castles build twice as fast.
Village buildings build twice as fast.
No new players may join the world in the last 30 days.
Houses can only have 3 factions. The first faction to apply to a House is accepted automatically. The other factions which apply will have to be voted in.
Twice as many villages per research level. (Example: a Knight can now have 6 villages instead of 3)
Limited time world. The counter will begin at Day 100 and count down to Day 0.
No glory rounds or ages. The house with the most Glory points at the end of the world will be the winner.
Prizes for the winning house and players who reach the top of certain leaderboards. (Special card packs with cards like Eureka, Expert Discipline, Expert Protection, Holy Envoy, etc)
Slightly different map, with more Kingships available. (Based on the kingdoms of the Anglo-Saxon era British Isles.)
New:
Honor from Banquets will be doubled.
Rank needed to start a faction reduced to 12.
Initial peacetime on first village reduced from 5 days to 3.
Research times reduced by half.
No honor penalty for attacking players of the same or higher rank.
Faction members may attack each other. (No more needing to drop faction to capture a village from a faction mate.)
Th3Tux94

Re: Feedback on New World Types

Post by Th3Tux94 »

Limited time world and No glory rounds or ages are beautiful ideas. I always thought that unlimited time worlds were boring after 200 days.

I like the idea that I have to play 100 days and then the house with more glory points wins. I also like the idea of smaller houses, I don't like worlds with just 2 giga-houses.
Alpha 4 - S.R.B. - Serve the Right and Bold
World 4 - The Assembly - Guardians of the Empire
World 7 - TA Leicestershire - Keepin it Moist
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

What about research times ? Not much can be researched without premium queue/instant cards in just 100 days. Especially considering how much researches must be pimped into defencive stuff, other spheres will be left weakened.
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
taakerhari

Post by taakerhari »

All the research times should be reduced or may be some researches can be given available in the start of the game itself to increase the game thrill. The most boring part of the game is the start as we all have to research basic stuffs so if you make that easy then the game will be more exciting.
cosmin_zell

Post by cosmin_zell »

yhis will be great
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

taakerhari wrote:All the research times should be reduced or may be some researches can be given available in the start of the game itself to increase the game thrill. The most boring part of the game is the start as we all have to research basic stuffs so if you make that easy then the game will be more exciting.
That's what I mean. Researching from scratch might the top reason why 1 person doesn't play ALL worlds:D
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
wtfisthis

Post by wtfisthis »

you guys probably ain't gonna like this suggestion but: no cards that'd make it real interesting and very much about skill else it's just the same old pay to win just in a shorter time amount xD
anicca

Post by anicca »

Just call the server "Credit Card Domination #1"
Reynauld de Chatillon

Post by Reynauld de Chatillon »

I don't like the idea for the following reasons:

1) Not allowing new players to join the world for the last 30 days dilutes the recruitment pool for every faction on the world. It will make full factions impossible at that point in time.

2) Houses having up to 3 factions shouldn't even be called houses. Some factions will contain the more powerful players that have more points on average than a number of players put together. A 6 faction house limit sounds more plausible.

Other than that, there is a ray of hope for this idea. All the other proposed features I agree with.
BARBAR0SSA

Post by BARBAR0SSA »

Wow, cannot wait to see.

Return to “Feedback”