Releasing research points in higher Rank

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
darko-Knight

Releasing research points in higher Rank

Post by darko-Knight »

I think this is good place to suggestion.

My suggestion is about improve getting research points. In high rank getting 3 research points get very long time, but rank are to easy to reach. How about increase exp points to level up to next rank, and in higher rank release 3 research point in subrank earlier by one.
Last edited by darko-Knight on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
darko-Knight

Re: Releasing research points in higher Rank

Post by darko-Knight »

Sorry but like I mentioned I thought it is proper place. I think there should be subforum suggestions, technical help looks like problem with game or hardware.
I add for clear. I think that ranks are to easy and to fast to reach. But research points not, i suggest to extend subrank but release 3 points by one in period of subrank.
JaySharky

Post by JaySharky »

You don't get enough research points in this game.

If anything, they should give you 5 for going up one rank and the same 3 research points for every sub rank.
Escadin

Post by Escadin »

Meh I'm duke and currently sitting on a stack of 20 research points. Have never bought one and even if I had to it wouldn't be expensive... so I don't really see how you can run out of research points?
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

Well you need to get obscene amounts of coin if you want to buy a charter with a lot of villages - much more than all of the research points cost you need to buy put together.

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
Escadin

Post by Escadin »

Guardian001 wrote: That's a lot of research points to buy, and the cost increases exponentially, so buying the 200th rp will cost a fortune even with philosophy maxed.
So i agree, the game should give more research points for rising through ranks (not subranks)
How much would the 200th rp be?
A crown prince rank 10 or higher should easily be able to spare 100k gold every day for a new research point. I can easily imagine that people will just not buy those points because they don't care about whatever it is they didn't research yet. I will be well beyond what I need and even what I want for fun as a crown prince for sure so maybe the actual question is: Are the last technologies worth it?
JaySharky

Post by JaySharky »

Escadin wrote:
Guardian001 wrote: That's a lot of research points to buy, and the cost increases exponentially, so buying the 200th rp will cost a fortune even with philosophy maxed.
So i agree, the game should give more research points for rising through ranks (not subranks)
How much would the 200th rp be?
A crown prince rank 10 or higher should easily be able to spare 100k gold every day for a new research point. I can easily imagine that people will just not buy those points because they don't care about whatever it is they didn't research yet. I will be well beyond what I need and even what I want for fun as a crown prince for sure so maybe the actual question is: Are the last technologies worth it?
On World 6 I'm a CP 2. My research points cost me nearly 65K and I have quite a ways to go before I'm done researching the ones I think are worth it. The last on the list are going to be banqueting production and the remaining points of Inquisition.

And you're right, the gold cost is not anything to be concerned about, especially since one research point now takes almost a day and a half to complete. That's with math and philosophy at max. Also, philosophy is worth getting to max, I was able to keep my research point costs at about 50K for the longest time.

Return to “Feedback”